Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt Vs Belfry ‘23-‘24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Breathitt county and Belfry will open up the ‘23 and ‘24 season with each other. Sparks up an old rivalry. Thoughts?
Sweet. We (Breathitt) have had some wars over the years with Belfry.

I'm glad to see Breathitt putting together a stronger schedule. I think that has hurt them some over past few years.

Breathitt should be really good especially in 24.
I'm sure Belfry will rebuild from the year they just had
Should be fun.
This is great in my opinion... as long as Breathitt can stay competitive (I think they will). It will give Breathitt a look at great competition and Belfry will more than likely be the toughest opponent on the Bobcat's schedule which will help prepare them for the playoffs.
This is great news. I'm glad to see Coach Moore "beefing up" the schedule. No offense to Powell or Magoffin, but those games are not going to help you make a run in November. I hope we continue to keep Hazard and Letcher on the schedule. Breathitt and Belfry have had some classic match ups in the past, and with Breathitt starting to get back to a competitive level, I think we will see more of the same between these two programs. If Breathitt can develop a QB, or get a transfer, I truly believe they can compete at the highest level in 2A for the next three or four years.
Yeah, I remember some classics between these schools. I can't wait to see this series resume.
Glad this got worked out. The middle schools sparked this about 4 years ago they started playing yearly in the regular season and a couple of times in middle school playoffs. Now all of these kids are familiar with each other and should keep this rivalry going and be more than “just another game”

Excited for this.
2 great programs and it's very cool too see them schedule each other.

Belfry was extremely young this season and will be back to competing for a state title the next few years. I remember when Breathitt was an absolute machine in the 90s, they were so fun to watch.
The Bobcats will field a team that is as talented as anyone on 2A the next couple seasons, at least.  The games between these two programs are usually fun to watch and both have loud and proud dan bases.  Great for any KY.  HS.  Football fan, heck any football fan for that matter.
(12-17-2022, 09:19 PM)Poseidon Wrote: [ -> ]The Bobcats will field a team that is as talented as anyone on 2A the next couple seasons, at least.  The games between these two programs are usually fun to watch and both have loud and proud dan bases.  Great for any KY.  HS.  Football fan, heck any football fan for that matter.

Breathitt has a pretty big gap to close between them and the top of 2A.
Mayfield, Beechwood, LCA and Owensboro Catholic all return quite a bit.
If this team stays together the 24 team should be the best team Breathitt has had in at least 15 years going back to the Channing Fugate team that made it to the finals and lost to Central. If they can find or develop a QB this will be the best team since the 02 team that won the title with Justin Haddix at QB.
These should be 2 very competitive games hopefully it can become an annual event.