Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Which Boyle Team is better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2021 State Championship Team or
2022 State Championship Team

(12-10-2022, 11:11 PM)#1catsfan Wrote: [ -> ]2021 State Championship Team or
2022 State Championship Team

Both teams are tremendous but I would like to hear the debates on which team was better
2021 team was more dominant. Bigger margin of victory at Kroger Field vs a very good Johnson Central team last year, dominated Frederick Douglass in Lexington. But this year’s team it was one thing after another all season long. I don’t know that I have ever before seen a group go through so much and still cross the finish line & raise the trophy. It started during 7 on 7 in the summer with the injuries. Kids kept stepping up. When Sage got hurt Avery jumped in like he had been qb all year. We finished the year missing key players. This year’s bunch was special for sure.
If this year’s team had been healthy all year and not lost 3 starters for the season due to injury I might lean towards this year’s team but with the injuries they had all season you’ll never know so I’ll have to say the 2021 team was better.

I’ll give one more opinion on Boyle football the 2000 Boyle state championship team was not only the best Boyle team that I’ve seen play but probably the best high school team I’ve ever seen play, once again this is just an opinion ?
This team was also supposed to have the best WR in the state in Dakota Patterson as well but lost him due to an ACL Tear
(12-11-2022, 04:19 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]If this year’s team had been healthy all year and not lost 3  starters for the season due to injury I might lean towards this year’s team but with the injuries they had all season you’ll never know so I’ll have to say the 2021 team was better.

I’ll give one more opinion on Boyle football the 2000 Boyle  state championship team was not only the best Boyle team that I’ve seen play but probably the best high school team I’ve ever seen play, once again this is just an opinion ?

Those teams right around the year 2000 would dominate pretty much every Boyle team since then including many of the state championship teams. They were incredible.
Barring injuries, Boyle should be favorite to win their class against next year wont they? Next year should be better than this team one would assume .
(12-11-2022, 04:19 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]If this year’s team had been healthy all year and not lost 3  starters for the season due to injury I might lean towards this year’s team but with the injuries they had all season you’ll never know so I’ll have to say the 2021 team was better.

I’ll give one more opinion on Boyle football the 2000 Boyle  state championship team was not only the best Boyle team that I’ve seen play but probably the best high school team I’ve ever seen play, once again this is just an opinion ?

I can't remember which one, but at least one of those early 2000s Boyle County teams was nationally ranked during their streak. That had to be a fun time in Boyle County, because Danville had some juggernauts during that period as well. I think it was the 2003 Danville team that had Kelvin Turner and Charles Pennix that was the best small school team I had ever seen. That team lost to Boyle County though after beating them to break their 40+ (can't remember the exact number) game winning streak the season prior. There was so much talent coming out of Titletown in that stretch of 6 or 7 years from 1998 until about 2005. Not to say the well dried up after but that was the peak IMO.
(12-12-2022, 03:16 PM)FlyPattern Wrote: [ -> ]Barring injuries, Boyle should be favorite to win their class against next year wont they? Next year should be better than this team one would assume .

Boyle may very well be the favorite again but there are going to be some big shoes to fill on the line.  I’m hearing we have one transfer coming in.  Corbin supposed to be loaded again, their qb was a sophomore, and the Louisville Central team we played in the semis started 9 sophomores.  That game was alot closer than the final score.  They were in it until Quisenberry’s miracle catch.

I would expect Johnson Central to be very good again also…
(12-12-2022, 04:24 PM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 03:16 PM)FlyPattern Wrote: [ -> ]Barring injuries, Boyle should be favorite to win their class against next year wont they? Next year should be better than this team one would assume .

Boyle may very well be the favorite again but there are going to be some big shoes to fill on the line.  I’m hearing we have one transfer coming in.  Corbin supposed to be loaded again, their qb was a sophomore, and the Louisville Central team we played in the semis started 9 sophomores.  That game was alot closer than the final score.  They were in it until Quisenberry’s miracle catch.

Louisville Central should be playing in 3A next year.  Looks like Cov Cath will be in 4A though.
I had not heard Louisville Central dropped down. They will be very good with the group they will have back.
(12-12-2022, 04:48 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]

Louisville Central should be playing in 3A next year.  Looks like Cov Cath will be in 4A though.
If this is true about Louisville Central dropping down to 3A next year.  I will go ahead and make my prediction now. Central 3A Champion 2023
Also with the hire from danville General Consensus is that Boyle will end up with a couple of Transfers from Danville

Also for those who are interested Tommy Zeismer is signing with UK at 3:30 Tomorrow at BCHS
The kids’ families will have to actually move into the county in order to be immediately eligible to play. Otherwise they have to sit out a year
Danville is Already in Boyle County so there might not be much moving if any at all
You have to actually live in the BC school district area before you can go there & be eligible to play sports. You can’t live anywhere in Danville & just switch schools to play sports.
Boyle has Open Enrollment rules so Danville Parets and families won't "Have" To move and even if you do have to move it's not too far of a move
With khsaa eligibility requirements you have to live in the school district to be eligible to play. And no it’s not far from city limits / Danville district to county but with the current economic environment it may not be possible for families to just up and move so their kids can go to BC & play football
(12-12-2022, 05:09 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]

If this is true about Louisville Central dropping down to 3A next year.  I will go ahead and make my prediction now. Central 3A Champion 2023
Central played up a class for the last 4 years.  They were a 3A school.  They are still a 3A school but have already said they will not petition to play up the next 4 years.  So they will definitely be in 3A with this new alignment.
(12-12-2022, 08:11 PM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to actually live in the BC school district area before you can go there & be eligible to play sports.  You can’t live anywhere in Danville & just switch schools to play sports.

Case in point was the Dunn player a few years ago who transferred but couldn't play football.  Was eligible for basketball because of the timing of his move.
If anyone is interested if you google khsaa eligibility bylaw 6 is where it discusses it all in detail. I had never read it myself & actually ran across the specifics in the thread about the Danville coach when people were talking about all the Danville kids leaving in there
(12-12-2022, 04:04 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]

I can't remember which one, but at least one of those early 2000s Boyle County teams was nationally ranked during their streak. That had to be a fun time in Boyle County, because Danville had some juggernauts during that period as well. I think it was the 2003 Danville team that had Kelvin Turner and Charles Pennix that was the best small school team I had ever seen. That team lost to Boyle County though after beating them to break their 40+ (can't remember the exact number) game winning streak the season prior. There was so much talent coming out of Titletown in that stretch of 6 or 7 years from 1998 until about 2005. Not to say the well dried up after but that was the peak IMO.

It was the 2000 team that was Nationally Ranked I believe that they were in the top 10 nationally, Jeff Duggins was the QB he was a junior and went onto win Mr Football his senior year, Matt Quinn was the RB, Matt Miller, Jacob Tamme, Travis Leffew, Boomer Johnson and Brody Overstreet to mention a few, this team was loaded with D-1 talent.

Boyle also played up in class the last 2 realignments.

(12-13-2022, 03:43 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 04:04 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]

It was the 2000 team that was Nationally Ranked I believe that they were in the top 10 nationally, Jeff Duggins was the QB he was a junior and went onto win Mr Football his senior year, Matt Quinn was the RB, Matt Miller, Jacob Tamme, Travis Leffew, Boomer Johnson and Brody Overstreet to mention a few, this team was loaded with D-1 talent.

(12-12-2022, 10:38 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 05:09 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]

Central played up a class for the last 4 years.  They were a 3A school.  They are still a 3A school but have already said they will not petition to play up the next 4 years.  So they will definitely be in 3A with this new alignment.

Boyle also played up in class the last two realignments.
Both reached the same goal of a State Championship. As to who was better my pick would be 2021. Why......No one challenged them after LCA and that includes the playoffs.
This is an interesting question and I like seeing everyone’s opinions. Personally, I prefer the 2021 team. I believe they were better on the offensive and defensive lines and just overall more physical. The 2022 team just had so many injuries and we will never know truly how much better this team could’ve been, which is scary to think about. I do believe this years team had better and more explosive skill players, but I’ll always take the team better up front on both sides of the ball.
Evan Girdler - ACL. Lost in NL scrimmage for the year.
Dakota Patterson - ACL. Lost before the season ever started.
Cole Sims - shoulder. Missed final 11 games.
Noah Clem - knee. Missed final 7 games
Jakei Tarter - missed first four games due to collarbone.
Avery Bodner - missed two games late with an ankle.
Sage Dawson - missed two games late with a knee.
Aidan Gosser - missed last two games with mono.
Andrew Hardwick - missed first seven games with a foot.

The amount of injuries this years team faced and overcame was truly remarkable. Both teams were special!