Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County 79 Pikeville 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congratulations to Boyd County. I think Boyd and Ashland are by far the best 16th region teams this season. Fleming County seems like they may have a decent team.
(12-10-2022, 09:46 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations to Boyd County. I think Boyd and Ashland are by far the best 16th region teams this season.  Fleming  County seems like they may have a decent team.
I agree but don’t sleep on Morgan.
(12-10-2022, 09:58 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2022, 09:46 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations to Boyd County. I think Boyd and Ashland are by far the best 16th region teams this season.  Fleming  County seems like they may have a decent team.
I agree but don’t sleep on Morgan.

I feel like Russell is capable of beating every team in the 16th right now except Boyd and Ashland.
Watched most of the 2nd half of this one. Pikeville seemed to be in foul trouble but if Boyd shoots the ball like they did in the 2nd half, they will win the 16th.
Officiating basketball games isn’t easy I know, I’ve done it, but daggone, where do they get some of these people from. It was horrible and inconsistent on both sides. Not saying it cost Pikeville the game or anything, but it just makes the game hard to watch sometimes! In fact, I had to quit watching because I was screaming at my phone. Hahaha
Boyd plays VERY aggressive defense. If they can keep that up without getting everyone in foul trouble, they are the favorite IMO
Pikeville has to rebound better. Too much length to not be able to.

Pikeville isn’t bad, Floyd Central has a chance to be really good, Valley is not as good as thought but isn’t healthy, and PBurg and Lawrence could be ok. - outside that the 15th is very bad, maybe the worst it has been in a long time.
Ashland and Boyd are currently the two best teams in the region. We shall see which team sits alone at the top this week. Ashland is far from the team they have been over the last several years. Both teams have several weaknesses and are beatable on any given night by 3 to 4 other teams in the 16th region. This will be an interesting year for sure.
From the small sample size we have so far in the early season, I think Boyd is the best team in Region followed by Ashland and Fleming. I then think Morgan and Russell are the next best with Bath coming close.
(12-12-2022, 01:09 PM)The_Messenger Wrote: [ -> ]From the small sample size we have so far in the early season, I think Boyd is the best team in Region followed by Ashland and Fleming. I then think Morgan and Russell are the next best with Bath coming close.
I see some folks wanting to put Fleming in there with Ashland and Boyd.  I'm not necessarily disagreeing but what is the validation for this.  I'm stupid when it comes to Fleming is the reason I'm asking, haven't seen them play and haven't even looked them up on KHSAA to see who they have played.
Two top teams that are a lot of fun to watch. I think both end up in Rupp- only Ashland could derail that I think