Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 55 Russell 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shaelyn Steele gets ejected from the game in the 2nd quarter when Russell had a 8 or 9 point lead. Great effort by the lady Devils without Steele. Pikevile's Trinity Rowe didn't play either due to Illiness but I still have to favor Russell even if Rowe played if Steele played all 4 quarters.
Pikeville did play a good game and Congrats to them on the win. Russell had a shot from 3 at the buzzer for the win but it missed, it went from full court to the other side in less than 2 seconds for Russell to get the shot off to try for the win.
Russell seemed a bit shaken when Steele got ejected but if anything it should pay huge Dividends down the road learning to play without their star player and being really young out side of the one senior that was on the court after Steele went out.
Russell should have took the last shot though they had the ball with 19 seconds left with it tied 53 all but they took the shot to quick and let pikeville drive down for an easy layup. That then led to Russell having to go the length of the floor with like 2 seconds left which is when they shot a 3 for the win.
I had the opportunity to watch his game on MyTownTV. I also was surprised Russell didn't take the last shot of the game when it was tied under 30 sec. with the ball. You either win or go to overtime. I'm sure their coach is second quessing her decision on that. Either way it was a good learning experience for both teams. It was unfortunate this game was played without Rowe (Pikeville) and Steele (2nd Half).

Will the Steele girl have to sit out games because of the ejection?
(12-10-2022, 10:09 PM)The_Messenger Wrote: [ -> ]I also has surprised Russell didn't take the last shot of the game when it was tied under 30 sec. with the ball. You either win or go to overtime. I'm sure their coach is second quessing that decision. It was unfortunate this game was played without Rowe (Pikeville) and Steele (2nd Half). Either way it was a good learning experience for both teams.

Will the Steele girl have to sit out games because of the ejection?

Yes 2 games Lawrence County next and then West Carter after.
Wish rowe from pikeville had got to play. Game would not of been close and there would he no post on here complaining about steele from Russell getting ejected.
(12-11-2022, 11:54 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Wish rowe from pikeville had got to play. Game would not of been close and there would he no post on here complaining about steele from Russell getting ejected.

Russell would have beat Pikeville wiith or without Rowe if steele played all 4 quarters.
Like I said in the Shaelyn recruiting thread both players should have been ejected and not just Steele. It was poor Sportsmanship on both players.
Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but on film it appears that #32 was baiting Steele during the last 1:30 in the half and it might have been wise for Coach to pull her out until halftime after the first bout of contact to give her time to calm down and get her composure back. I am in agreement that #32 should have been ejected as well for the initial chest bump that led to the shove.
(12-11-2022, 12:45 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2022, 11:54 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Wish rowe from pikeville had got to play. Game would not of been close and there would he no post on here complaining about steele from Russell getting ejected.

Russell would have beat Pikeville wiith or without Rowe if steele played all 4 quarters.

lol
What did we do before MyTownTV? Now when we read about an altercation, we can go back and see it.

It looks like it probably began a few possessions earlier when Steele stopped her dribble suddenly to make 32 run into her from behind and draw a foul.

As for the altercation, I would think the chest or shoulder bump was worthy of a technical. The two hand shove, though, was worthy of an ejection.

I will say, though, that the fall of 32 to the ground was pro worthy. If she really was baiting her the whole time as Orange Blaze said, it was executed to perfection.
I was there and both deserved a technical or both deserved ejection but it should have been equal. This was first time to see Steele play and she was best player on the floor but for anyone to say that they win if she and Rowe would both been on floor for entire game is crazy. Not saying they would not but Rowe makes a big impact in any game she plays. It takes large load off other guards and allows them to play their role. I would say Steele would be best player still but Pikeville has more firepower across the entire roster
(12-11-2022, 03:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

lol

Perhaps the 2 teams should add another game later in the season?
(12-11-2022, 03:43 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]What did we do before MyTownTV?  Now when we read about an altercation, we can go back and see it.

It looks like it probably began a few possessions earlier when Steele stopped her dribble suddenly to make 32 run into her from behind and draw a foul.

As for the altercation, I would think the chest or shoulder bump was worthy of a technical.  The two hand shove, though, was worthy of an ejection.
As you said it looked like it was getting chippy before the shove and tempers were getting hot.  In the  play before the shove there was a pile with 2 Pikeville players on top of Steele.  It started to become apparent that the players emotions were getting out of hand and the officials should have stopped play and spoke with both coaches about calming their teams down.  As for the push, the old adage the second person always gets caught happened in this situation.
(12-11-2022, 03:54 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2022, 03:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

lol

Perhaps the 2 teams should add another game later in the season?

I'm sure Mandy Layne would play again in a heartbeat if the schedule opens. She doesn't care who Russell plays she will play anyone anywhere anytime.

That's a crazy bold statement. Russell was up, but by 7 when Steele got ejected.  Rowe is a player, and would've definitely made a difference for Pikeville.
(12-11-2022, 09:32 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a crazy bold statement. Russell was up, but by 7 when Steele got ejected.  Rowe is a player, and would've definitely made a difference for Pikeville.

I hope they get to meet again and we will see. Russell got up by as many as 11 who's not to say with steele 4 for quarters that they couldn't have got an even bigger lead by the time the game was over. They both play in the queen of the commonwealth Tournament so maybe we will get a rematch.
(12-11-2022, 10:09 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope they get to meet again and we will see. Russell got up by as many as 11 who's not to say with steele 4 for quarters that they couldn't have got an even bigger lead by the time the game was over.  They both play in the queen of the commonwealth Tournament so maybe we will get a rematch.
Pikeville won but give Steele 2 more quarters and Rowe 4 quarters and Russell flips the result = Steele 2 quarters > Rowe 4 quarters which is fuzzy math. No make that preposterous.
(12-11-2022, 10:20 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope they get to meet again and we will see. Russell got up by as many as 11 who's not to say with steele 4 for quarters that they couldn't have got an even bigger lead by the time the game was over.  They both play in the queen of the commonwealth Tournament so maybe we will get a rematch.
Pikeville won but give Steele 2 more quarters and Rowe 4 quarters and Russell flips the result = Steele 2 quarters > Rowe 4 quarters which is fuzzy math. No make that preposterous.
I'm sure any time coach Orem wants to play Coach Layne will oblige jetpilot.
(12-11-2022, 10:23 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2022, 10:20 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2022, 12:45 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Russell would have beat Pikeville wiith or without Rowe if steele played all 4 quarters.

I'm sure any time coach Orem wants to play Coach Layne will oblige jetpilot.
I'm sure both coaches will be more than happy to play again, especially since both teams weren't at full strength (especially Pikeville). But that wasn't what we were talking about, was it?
I still think Russell would win with Rowe playing. Would it be good game probably but I feel like Russell would win. That person who said it wouldn't be close with Rowe playing has no clue what they are talking about.
Pikeville only beat Ashland by 6 and Rowe played.
Pikeville with all the recruits are overrated. North Laurel spanked them and it was never close. Pikeville can lay claim to the mountains cause they have recruited the best players there( I am surprised that Steele is not at Pikeville after hearing what they were offered) but once they leave the mountains they cant compete.
(12-22-2022, 12:44 AM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville with all the recruits are overrated. North Laurel spanked them and it was never close. Pikeville can lay claim to the mountains cause they have recruited the best players there( I am surprised that Steele is not at Pikeville after hearing what they were offered) but once they leave the mountains they cant compete.

There you go again diminishing the successes of teen girls.  Maybe Pikeville is just a good school with good kids, good coaches, and a winning mindset.
(12-22-2022, 12:44 AM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville with all the recruits are overrated. North Laurel spanked them and it was never close. Pikeville can lay claim to the mountains cause they have recruited the best players there( I am surprised that Steele is not at Pikeville after hearing what they were offered) but once they leave the mountains they cant compete.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!