Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job Berea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the move of coach Parks to Danville who will be named the new Head Coach At Berea
Whoever takes it is faced with gathering numbers from inside the school. Over half the team graduates, and the feeder system was decimated last year when politics upset the parents and over twenty middle schoolers transfered out. Worse, the freshmen group has a very strong soccer team and many that are basketball only. Be lucky to field a team next season.
What does Berea's Schedule look like also what Class are they in
Class A, barely. Usually pretty weak. Jackson Co is their biggest rival.
Berea Is a hard job mainly because I believe they have to compete with Madison Southern Every year And Madison Southern Or Madison Centeral usually has the more talented Players
Wait…….. berea has a football team ?????
(12-10-2022, 12:35 AM)#1catsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Berea Is a hard job mainly because  I believe they have to compete with Madison Southern Every year And Madison Southern Or Madison Centeral usually has the more talented Players

I disagree. I do not see them competing with Southern but they can have the success of Southern, because they should be able to draw kids that want earlier playing time or have no chance of playing in their upper class years. However, the middle school football team has completed with Southern's feeders the last several years, beating them a couple times. Other middle school programs have excelled the entire county, with boys soccer and basketball being undefeated against all of Madison County last season. This should be attractive to local kids, but they made poor administrative decisions that cost them kids within middle school. Not just one or two, closer to twenty to thirty across four grades. Some of these kids would have been starters for football, basketball and baseball as freshmen and sophomores.

This school could build winning programs quickly and easily, being they are the fourth largest single a school, but cannot get out of their own way. Biggest thing the football program needs is stability, considering they have had five coaches in the last six years.
Any news coming out of the Artisan capital of KY related to this opening?
Who will be leading the Pirate ship in 2023?
Jon Thomas is the new coach.
(03-04-2023, 11:51 AM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]Jon Thomas is the new coach.

How is the off season going over there?