Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job: Grrenup County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This job was posted yesterday. Coach Moore who was the KFCA 3A Coach of the year is stepping down to become the assistant principal at Greenup Co. he actually started the job in August, but was given a one year exemption since the assistant principal's job was not posted until mid-June.
It's a shame for Greenup that the coach leaves as soon as it looked like they were turning the ship around. The good news is they return 2 outstanding runners in Tyson Sammons and Ike Henderson. They graduated a ton of seniors, though. I would think the off-season weight room would be critical to their success next season. If they can field strong lines, then they have the backs in Sammons and Henderson to really punish teams. I would think they would want to make this hire sooner rather than later so the off-season program could be implemented and enforced.
(12-08-2022, 10:51 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]It's a shame for Greenup that the coach leaves as soon as it looked like they were turning the ship around.  The good news is they return 2 outstanding runners in Tyson Sammons and Ike Henderson.  They graduated a ton of seniors, though.  I would think the off-season weight room would be critical to their success next season.  If they can field strong lines, then they have the backs in Sammons and Henderson to really punish teams.  I would think they would want to make this hire sooner rather than later so the off-season program could be implemented and enforced.
Moving back to 4A hurts them as a program too.  Being in 3A gave them a real opportunity to compete in the playoffs and build their program.
Greenup needs to step off of its comfort zone and hire someone that’s not in the program already. They need to break the mold and go a different direction. There are a lot of young coaches out there waiting for their first opportunity to take over a program and see what they can make of it.if you can attract a young coach and his family from out of the area to relocate for the opportunity to run a program I would go that direction.
Greenup already has a great young coach who has been waiting in the wings for his shot. He is our OC and has a family already in place. No need to relocate
(12-08-2022, 12:01 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]Greenup already has a great young coach who has been waiting in the wings for his shot.  He is our OC and has a family already in place.  No need to relocate
Good …I hope everything works out for him and Greenup. Those boys down there need some stability.
Stability is the key word there RD. Free up has struggled with that over the years. It seems like the very moment that they start to turn the corner, the HC bails. Grew up has a solid bunch of kids in their JFL and jr high and if they claims the right guy, they could become a consistent contender for regional titles. Which, imo, should be their short term goal. They need to give whoever it is time and patience though and find some way to entice the person to stay for the long hall.
I agree with Beagle, would be shocked if it isn't Travis Jones. Son of Mike Jones, former head coach in the area and then a longtime assistant at Russell where Travis played. Fully believe he will be the next guy.
With Greenup County moving to 4A, it looks like Russell and Greenup County game will most likely go back to the 1st week of the season.
I think Jones would be a good hire. Already has deep roots in the area and I would think, imo, be there for the long haul. Free up desperately needs stability right now and has some momentum. Granted going back to 4A makes the road to deep playoff runs a little more difficult.
(12-09-2022, 05:44 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]With Greenup County moving to 4A, it looks like Russell and Greenup County game will most likely go back to the 1st week of the season.

Is Greenup still scheduling Raceland?
(12-09-2022, 07:38 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2022, 05:44 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]With Greenup County moving to 4A, it looks like Russell and Greenup County game will most likely go back to the 1st week of the season.

Is Greenup still scheduling Raceland?

I'm not sure but the Russell/Greenup County game has almost always been the 1st game of the season, and the 2nd on a few occasions when in different classes.