Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mr Football 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is your picks for Mr Football?

Ty Bryant Frederick Douglass

Blake Birchfield Pikeville

Daniel Swinney Male

Travis Egan Bullitt East

Tommy Ziesmer Boyle County 

Kenyata Carbon Owensboro
Travis Egan Bullitt East
East Ky bias

Pikeville doesn’t win two state titles without Blake Birchfield
Egan Birchfield Bryant in no particular order. Tightest race we have seen in a few years.
If it's a 1 season award I'd go with Egan. Sensational year and to cap it all off with a championship.

If I'm going through a career I'm going with Tommy Ziesmer. Been a part of 3 straight championships, dominated the line of scrimmage in any game he's played in, and had a touchdown rush in the championship game.
What Egan did this year and the historic outcome it led to... I think he is my #1...

Birchfield is very much deserving as well...

To me those guys are 1a/1b with Swinney being just behind them.
(12-05-2022, 12:52 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a 1 season award I'd go with Egan. Sensational year and to cap it all off with a championship.

If I'm going through a career I'm going with Tommy Ziesmer. Been a part of 3 straight championships, dominated the line of scrimmage in any game he's played in, and had a touchdown rush in the championship game.
Birchfield has three rings as well. He also has two Finals MVP's.

I prefer his career achievement resume although Zeismer is a stone cold stud.
Imo Mr Football should be based on each season individually.
Zeismer…….. is an absolute stud …..
I think the best player is Zeismer.

I think the most valuable player is Egan. The definition of a dual threat QB.
Bullitt wouldn't have made it out of 2nd Rd without him. You can't say the same about others .

Pikeville still wins title without Birchfield.
FD still wins title without Bryant
Boyle makes it al least to the finals without Zeismer.

My vote would go to Egan
I address up Tommy Zeismer’s stats

He started a total of 54 games in 4 years

104 solo tackles
127 assist
54 tackles for loss
30 sacks
11 forced fumbles
2 fumble recoveries
1 fumble recover for TD
He caught 2 passes last year for 39 yards and 1 TD, and he ran 1 in on Friday night. The defensive totals don’t include Friday nights game.

I have not checked the rest of these players over their careers, but Tommy Z’s is impressive to say the least. BTW, I’m not a Boyle fan, but I can’t deny how good this young man is.

Added up ?
(12-05-2022, 05:16 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: [ -> ]I address up Tommy Zeismer’s stats

104 solo tackles
127 assist
54 tackles for loss
30 sacks
11 forced fumbles
2 fumble recoveries
1 fumble recover for TD
He caught 2 passes last year for 39 yards and 1 TD, and he ran 1 in on Friday night.  The defensive totals don’t include Friday nights game. 

I have not checked the rest of these players over their careers, but Tommy Z’s is impressive to say the least.  BTW, I’m not a Boyle fan, but I can’t deny how good this young man is.

Added up ?

I thought he ran a Touchdown against Logan County in the playoffs last year as well?
(12-05-2022, 05:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 05:16 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: [ -> ]I address up Tommy Zeismer’s stats

104 solo tackles
127 assist
54 tackles for loss
30 sacks
11 forced fumbles
2 fumble recoveries
1 fumble recover for TD
He caught 2 passes last year for 39 yards and 1 TD, and he ran 1 in on Friday night.  The defensive totals don’t include Friday nights game. 

I have not checked the rest of these players over their careers, but Tommy Z’s is impressive to say the least.  BTW, I’m not a Boyle fan, but I can’t deny how good this young man is.

Added up ?

I thought he ran a Touchdown against Logan County in the playoffs last year as well?
He had 2 blocked punts last year returned for a TD and Friday night himself stoled 1 point from Corbin.
(12-05-2022, 02:54 PM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]I think the best player is Zeismer.

Bullitt wouldn't have made it out of 2nd Rd without him. You can't say the same about others .

My vote would go to Egan

I disagree with the Pikeville still wins without Birchfield. They ride his like a horse the past two seasons and he’s took them to state titles. I don’t think any Pikeville fan will say they win those state titles without Birchfield
(12-05-2022, 11:36 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]East Ky bias

Pikeville doesn’t win two state titles without Blake Birchfield

This
(12-05-2022, 01:24 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Imo Mr Football should be based on each season individually.

If that's the case freshman, sophomores, and juniors should be eligible.
(12-05-2022, 08:33 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

My vote would go to Egan

I disagree with the Pikeville still wins without Birchfield. They ride his like a horse the past two seasons and he’s took them to state titles. I don’t think any Pikeville fan will say they win those state titles without Birchfield
I agree with wolfcat. 

Birchfield is a great player, but Pikeville had like 4 or 5 guys averaging nearly 10 yards per carry. They would’ve won either with him or without.

My vote goes to Travis Egan as well.
My vote would be Travis Egan.

Hard not to give it Zeismer much like when Charles Woodson won the Heisman. The premise being, if you don't give it to a non QB/RB/WR when will you ever.

Hard not to give it to Birchfield when very few 1A schools have this kind of talent.
(12-05-2022, 11:11 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]

My vote would go to Egan

I agree with wolfcat. 

Birchfield is a great player, but Pikeville had like 4 or 5 guys averaging nearly 10 yards per carry. They would’ve won either with him or without.

Blake had 35 TDs and 2022 yards 

Without Birchfield, Pikeville doesn’t win the past two state championships

My vote would go to Egan

I agree with wolfcat. 

Pikeville had no one average more tha 38 yards a game other than Birchfield. He carried the team both years. He had outstanding lines both years but he has to be top 2 players even thought of for Mr. Football. I believe he deserves it. He has the ability that a lot don’t to see the field and is a step ahead of defenders.
Whoever it is. It’s not based on a career. It’s this year.
(12-05-2022, 01:06 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 12:52 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a 1 season award I'd go with Egan. Sensational year and to cap it all off with a championship.

Birchfield has three rings as well. He also has two Finals MVP's.

I prefer his career achievement resume although Zeismer is a stone cold stud.

Zeismer played in 4 consecutive State Finals and won the last 3.  (Missed having 4 straight by a missed EP)

I think Birchfield would be a worthy Mr Football.  But career wise Zeismer has been just as successful.
(12-09-2022, 05:20 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]

My vote would go to Egan

I agree with wolfcat. 

Pikeville had no one average more tha 38 yards a game other than Birchfield. He carried the team both years. He had outstanding lines both years but he has to be top 2 players even thought of for Mr. Football. I believe he deserves it. He has the ability that a lot don’t to see the field and is a step ahead of defenders.
Argument I’m making is you take Birchfield off Pikeville and they still win state this season. There’s 3 or 4 dudes for Pikeville that could’ve rushed for over a 1000+ yards this season if they were given the opportunity. Take Egan off Bullitt East and they wouldn’t have even won in the second round, let alone a state championship. That’s my point. 

I’m definitely all for Birchfield winning the award, but if I were a voter it would be hard not to vote for Egan.
Zeismer should win it he was the best defensive player I've seen in a long time
I can't honestly speak to some of the other players mentioned, but I've seen enough of Birchfield the past 3 years on film & up close to give him my vote. The guy's a winner. Maybe Pikeville wins the title without him, but I'd say a lot of coaches who had to play & scheme against him would tell you they liked their chances A LOT better if he wasn't in the Panther lineup.