Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan County 54 Russell 42 (EKC Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to Rowan County.
Haven Ford had 30 some points tonight. Russell shot 28% for the game and you won't win many shooting like that. Russell will play Rowan back at Russell later in the season.
Nothing to be ashamed of if you are Russell. Two great programs and great coaches going head-to-head. Wouldn't surprise me if these two played 10 times a year that they'd split the matchups 5-5.

Good win for Rowan and for Russell, bad shooting nights can happen to any team. They'll be just fine and right in the thick of it!

Wanted to add that I appreciate (and I know you do too GOREDDEVILS) what Coach Layne continues to bring to the Russell program. She's definitely taken the program up several notches and the program was already a traditional power before she got there. Can't wait to see what they can accomplish going forward.
Russell IMO will have the advantage in Morehead on the college floor in region with their speed if they make it and wouldn't even surprise me if Russell returned the favor when they play again on December 30th at Russell.
Russell Girls basketball might be even better next year than this year believe it or Not as they only lose 2 seniors. Jenna Adkins is out for the year and is one of this years seniors. So Only one senior starts this season and that is Josie Atkins. Next year you wiill have a senior Bella Quinn and Shaelyn Steele and Hannah Sanders plus all of Russell's other kids will be a year older.
This years starting lineup with Jenna out is

3 Bella Quinn Jr.
5 Hannah Sanders Jr.
2 Shaelyn Steele Jr
10 Kennedy Darnell Fr.
15 Josie Atkins Sr.
If Russell has any deficiency this year it would have to be that they don't have any kids taller than 5'10.
This game featured two of the top teams as well as players in the 16th Region. I'm sure we will see this matchup a couple more times this season. Both teams were led by their superstars, Ford (RC) and Steele ®. Ford won Round 1 by recording a double-double (31 Pts. 11 Rebs.) but Steele posted an impressive double-double of her own 23 Pts. and 10 Rebs. I believe this game was played at Russell.
(12-06-2022, 11:00 AM)The_Messenger Wrote: [ -> ]This game featured two of the top teams as well as players in the 16th Region. I'm sure we will see this matchup a couple more times this season. Both teams were led by their superstars, Ford (RC) and Steele ®. Ford won Round 1 by recording a double-double (31 Pts. 11 Rebs.) but Steele posted an impressive double-double of her own 23 Pts. and 10 Rebs. I believe this game was played at Russell.

It was played at Russell as it will when they play on the 30th. There has been games before where Steele has out played Ford as well. Both kids are good players. Ford should do big things for Murray State next season.
Wow .... They play again at the end of the month. Another great December matchup for both team. Those type games will get both teams ready for the send half of the season.

Personally I think that game will be very important for Russell to win. Especially since they already lost to Rowan Co. at home. You don't ever want any opponent to come in and beat you on your home field. But one lose can be explained for a number of reasons .... Foul trouble, injuries, poor shooting night etc. But two losses at home to the same team will be tough on a team's psyhic. Because of that I believe Russell will get the return matchup against Rowen.