Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Douglass vs Bowling Green (KHSAA 5A State Championship )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
I think Douglass gets their first title, but I'm not as confident about it as I was 5 weeks ago. Bowling Green is very good and Freddy has looked vulnerable of late.
I’ve made the statement more than once that Douglas has the best team in the state but something tells me that they’re going to have their hands full with Bowling Green next weekend.
I believe that as well Jack, but I still think Freddie D will find a way to win.

Should be a wonderful game!!
I’m pulling for Freddie D in this one. Go Broncos.
For those of us familiar with northeastern Kentucky football rivalries, oh the irony should Nathan McPeek and the Raceland Rams both win their first state title on the same weekend.
Im pulling for Frederick Douglass!
My prediction on Frederick Douglass is like 0-4 in state championship games….………… Could this be the year or should I think about the big picture in BGR pick’em contest time will tell, …
Little ole bowling green will try to make a game of it.....
This will be a great game but I think Frederick Douglass finally gets it done.
I don’t at all care how Fredrick Douglas handles their business, I’ll be pulling for Bowling Green in this one…
Bowling Green has the size and talent to give Fredrick Douglass all they want. Still think Douglass by 2 scores.
Douglass struggled with Owensboro all night Friday. It was 7-2 with 6 mins left to go in the game and FD broke a long TD run to seal the game. I think Douglass wins their First State Title but will probably be the only game that is even close over the 2 days.
Douglas wins and I will even go out on a limb here and say they will win by 2+ scores.
Douglas is proving they can win the nail biters.   

Douglas wins 48-14
The one thing that Fredrick Douglas has that the other teams in the past didn't was a solid defense. FD will win because teams other teams just have a hard time putting points on the board. IMO the Broncos don't need a lot of points to get the W. Covington Catholic, Woodford, and Owensboro could only mustard 15 points combined.
Free Live Audio Broadcast:
I am unable to post live updates for this game.

KHSAA Audio Broadcast

https://khsaa.mixlr.com/events/1750871

Bowling Green Audio Broadcast

https://streamdb5web.securenetsystems.ne...ncore/WDNS

Frederick Douglass Audio Broadcast

https://www.glicod.com/audio-stream-1/
0-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Douglass leads 7-0 on a 38 yard touchdown pass from Carpenter to Webb with 9:28 left in the first half.

Bowling Green answers back with a touchdown to make it 7-7 with 6:08 left in the firs half.
All I’ve heard is Freddie this and Freddie that all year. So they should win
Tied at 7 at the half.
Wow!!! Another great game!!
Touchdown Douglass on an impressive 98 yard drive capped off by a Ty Bryant touchdown to make it 14-7 Broncos.

Douglass leads 14-7 after 3 quarters.

Touchdown Douglass on a pass from Carpenter to Howard to make it 21-7 Douglass with 8:23 to play.
They were the best team all year.