Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: When Do You Put Up Your Christmas Decorations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find this interesting because I'm dead set on not putting my decorations up until after Thanksgiving, however, I have some neighbors that already have lights on their house, tree in the window, everything.

When do you put up your decorations?
I don't. That is my wifes job and she does it after Thanksgiving. Pretty soon people will start putting them up after Halloween and try to skip Thanksgiving all together. Have you noticed that the Christmas stuff hits stores earlier and earlier every year?
My family has always put it up after Thanksgiving... But I know a few that leave up all year, and some that put it up after Halloween.
Midee1 Wrote:I don't. That is my wifes job and she does it after Thanksgiving. Pretty soon people will start putting them up after Halloween and try to skip Thanksgiving all together. Have you noticed that the Christmas stuff hits stores earlier and earlier every year?

Yeah, they're just trying to extend the Christmas shopping season.

Big Lots had Christmas stuff out around July, lol.

The problem is, nobody really buys anything for Thanksgiving. Yes, grocery stores will sell more food than usual, but retail stores don't have anything to push from Oct. 31st to Thanksgiving.
Usually the first nice day after Thanksgiving.

There has been decorations up here since the first week of October. Really weird to see, considering it is spring/going into summer Smile
This thread reminded me and I just made an executive decision regarding our dorm apartment:

There will be a Christmas tree, fully decorated, put up in the living room area, and my bedroom will be full of lights, and the living room will, too, probly the bathroom as well.
Usually after Thanksgiving. I love putting up Christmas decorations just gets me into the holiday spirit.
I always like to put mine up the day before (or couple of days before) Thanksgiving. It gives off a good vibe during dinner. lol
The day after Thanksgiving.
Usually the day after Thanksgiving, but maybe earlier this year just to give my two year old something to tear down. Smile
We use real trees and real garland. Therefor we wait til around the 15th of Dec. 10 days is long enough befor to us!
I am starting to put them up now while its somewhat warm, but I won't turn them on until Thanksgiving day or the day after
The Guru Wrote:We use real trees and real garland. Therefor we wait til around the 15th of Dec. 10 days is long enough befor to us!

I cut my own tree last year and I cut it the first weekend in December. I find if you cut your own it will last a lot longer.

The needles weren't even falling off of it when we took it down in January.
we put ours up on the night of Thinksgiving
After Thanksgiving
The Redskins family Christmas tree goes up the day after the busiest shopping day of the year! Wife won't let me put it up without her, lol!
Tree is up right now,It gets put up after Halloween,because it's fully decorated
in all UK basketball and football ornaments with all our tickets laminated.Yep!
I may try to get the outdoor things up right after Thanksgiving (weather permitting of course) while the indoor things go up around December 15th because we use live trees and garland for the old fashioned feeling and scent.

Questions are:
Live tree or fake?
Clear or colored lights?
Shop alone or with a spouse?
Use cash or credit?
Better to give or receive?
What Christmas decorations? lol...although Ive thought about buying a Christmas tree this year..
We put ours up the day after Thanksgivin.
We put ours up after thanksgiving dinner lol... got to work off all that food somehow!
Put up Christmas decorations?......are you supposed to take them down?
:thatsfunn
Old School Wrote:Put up Christmas decorations?......are you supposed to take them down?
That's too funny!!
Thanksgiving day after Dinner.
Usually sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving, but due to a really hectic November this year they will probably have to wait until the post-Thanksgiving weekend.