Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 28, Metcalf county 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn’t think it would be a running clock but it was close. Metcalf has some really tuff kids, but I thought the cardinals defensive line did an outstanding job even tho size wise they way overmatched. Metcalf defense did a really good job against the cardinal run game but Cartwright ( mayfield QB and the receivers) played really good. This was a very poorly called game on both sides of the ball, I think it was 13 penalties on mayfield and 12 on metcalf. After the game a FEW of the metcalf players showed some really bad sportsmanship. Anyway, looks like Lexington Christmas BARELY hung on to beat OC so they will travel to war memorial for the semis, it should be a war.
If we was just playing Metcalfe, it was a running clock. But, the other team kept it close enough to prevent that. I almost never say anything about the refs, however, this was absolutely the worst called game since OC of 2016.
(11-19-2022, 01:57 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: [ -> ]If we was just playing Metcalfe, it was a running clock. But, the other team kept it close enough to prevent that. I almost never say anything about the refs, however, this was absolutely the worst called game since OC of 2016.
It was really bad, on both sides of the ball
Man, our old 2A rival from days gone by just keeps on keeping on. What a program!!!!

Congratulations from Corbin !!!!
Was hoping Metcalfe by 48. Dangit.
(11-19-2022, 02:56 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Man, our old 2A rival from days gone by just keeps on keeping on.  What a program!!!! 

Congratulations from Corbin !!!!
Thanks, and congrats to the hounds

(11-19-2022, 03:09 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]Was hoping Metcalfe by 48. Dangit.
Glad to disappoint you
Congratulations Mayfield!!
Metcalfe hung around I could of sworn a Mayfield fan said they would have running clocks to the semi finals....now Lexington Christian coming I think Mayfield might be in trouble
(11-19-2022, 09:23 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: [ -> ]Metcalfe hung around I could of sworn a Mayfield fan said they would have running clocks to the semi finals....now Lexington Christian coming I think Mayfield might be in trouble
Yep 1 fan did say that, I dint agree with him but he wasn’t far off. Woulda, coulda, shoulda but it really should have been a running clock, but every time mayfield would get the momentum rolling, deserving or not they were called for a couple big penalties. and yes, I agree, whole different monster coming to mayfield next week, but,,   It ain’t east beating the cardinals at mayfield so we shall see.
I did say it was a running clock game. Didn’t turn out that way by 8 points. However, we had touchdowns called back. We had a catch ruled incomplete that stopped another drive. It was clearly a catch until Metcalfe complained and then the ref that called it complete reversed it. Check out the video and I’m sure you will see it.
(11-19-2022, 09:23 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: [ -> ]Metcalfe hung around I could of sworn a Mayfield fan said they would have running clocks to the semi finals....now Lexington Christian coming I think Mayfield might be in trouble
The Calf is too good for a running clock this year, by anyone that isn't at least 4A. Proud of that team even though I have no affiliation.
(11-19-2022, 03:36 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]
The Calf is too good for a running clock this year, by anyone that isn't at least 4A. Proud of that team even though I have no affiliation.
If by the (Calf) you mean Metcalf, you are sorely wrong. They were LUCKY a running clock wasn’t put on them last night
Mayfield played sloppy and the game was never in question. Yes, Metcalfe would lose by running clock in this matchup more often than not.
(11-19-2022, 03:36 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]

Said by someone who obviously didn't watch the game. Mayfield was in Hornet territory on every possession but maybe 1. 113 yards in penalties kept this one from becoming ugly.
Ok, I have officiated high school football, and I really hate to come down on officials. I just watched the tape of this game, and IN. OTH SIDES, not just calls against mayfield, that was absolutely one of the worst crews I have ever seen, period. I mean all crews make some debateable calls, but these guys were absolutely out of their league!
Your fans let "Santa Claus" hear about it ..... LOL
(11-21-2022, 05:00 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: [ -> ]Your fans let "Santa Claus" hear about it ..... LOL
The side judge?
yes, hahahaha