Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin County @ Warren East 11/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Franklin County will travel to Warren East this Friday. 

Franklin County (7-5)
Aug 19, 22 Scott County at Great Crossing (Birds Nest Stadium) (L) 17 - 20 BGO Battle of Elkhorn Creek 
Aug 26, 22 Western Hills away (W) 69 - 0 
Sep 2, 22 Corbin home (L) 20 - 40 
Sep 9, 22 Ballard away (L) 8 - 44 
Sep 16, 22 Woodford County home (L) 21 - 36 
Sep 23, 22 Shelby County home (W) 42 - 19 
Sep 30, 22 North Oldham away (W) 38 - 20 
Oct 14, 22 Waggener away (W) 55 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Central home (L) 0 - 24 
Oct 28, 22 Madison Southern home (W) 42 - 8 
Nov 4, 22 John Hardin home (W) 36 - 0  Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 11, 22 Spencer County away (W) 40 - 14  Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Warren East (12-0)
Aug 19, 22 White House-Heritage (White House), TN home (W) 41 - 7 J Allen Builders Bowl
Aug 26, 22 Ohio County away (W) 47 - 0 
Sep 2, 22 Edmonson County home (W) 48 - 0 
Sep 9, 22 Russellville away (W) 60 - 12  Linton-Wren Kick-off Classic 
Sep 16, 22 Russell County away (W) 47 - 12 
Sep 23, 22 Wayne County home (W) 35 - 14 
Sep 29, 22 Warren Central home (W) 56 - 20 
Oct 14, 22 Allen County-Scottsville away (W) 40 - 26 
Oct 20, 22 Franklin-Simpson home (W) 36 - 21 
Oct 28, 22 Daviess County home (W) 49 - 48  (overtime) 
Nov 4, 22 Hopkins County Central home (W) 46 - 0  Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 11, 22 Madisonville-North Hopkins home (W) 28 - 17  Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Thoughts?
Raiders advance…

WE - 34
FC - 19
If I have to eat some crow I will. I think W. East overrated. Now just how much, I’m not real sure. Not seen a lot of them, but their situation reminds me of Corbin last year. Pretty weak schedule, undefeated. Now the opponent they face has been through the ringer, played several potential state title teams. So tough competition for them is no stranger. They know what they will have to play like, energy and physical level, etc to compete with it. W East doesn’t IMO. Being at home will help them. But I can def see FC coming out victorious
Warren East by a couple of scores.
A Warren East win along with a Central win at Logan could potentially send Central to Corbin for the State Semis. Now wouldn't that be quite an event !?!?!?
I think that Franklin County has righted their ship and will advance. Moorman is playing great and he needs to impress recruiters because rosters are filling up.
Franklin County 35
Warren East 28
(11-12-2022, 10:28 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]If I have to eat some crow I will. I think W. East overrated. Now just how much, I’m not real sure. Not seen a lot of them, but their situation reminds me of Corbin last year. Pretty weak schedule, undefeated. Now the opponent they face has been through the ringer, played several potential state title teams. So tough competition for them is no stranger. They know what they will have to play like, energy and physical level, etc to compete with it. W East doesn’t IMO. Being at home will help them. But I can def see FC coming out victorious
In all polls I have seen,  they are no higher than 5th ranked. No lower than 8th. I think they are appropriately rated. They are in the final 8 playing in 4A so it seems justified. 

I guess my question is where do you have them ranked to not be overrated?

FC certainly capable of winning this game but East has experience, speed, and size to match up with them with so I don't see some blowout like that fraudulent spencer co team
Spencer Co did beat Bullitt East. The same team that beat Male and Manual, so it seems unfair to call them fraudulent. It's all about match ups, timing, injuries, and intangibles when it comes to high school football. Spencer is a good team that lost to a good Franklin Co team in a bad way.

As for this game, I agree it's hard to say Warren East is overrated with the current rankings. Statistics and home field may favor Warren East but Franklin Co has been battle tested and playing well lately. I see this as a good match up and truly expect a good game with a close score.
Wont be king and we will find out! FC is my pick!
(11-15-2022, 07:56 PM)Fade Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2022, 10:28 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]If I have to eat some crow I will. I think W. East overrated. Now just how much, I’m not real sure. Not seen a lot of them, but their situation reminds me of Corbin last year. Pretty weak schedule, undefeated. Now the opponent they face has been through the ringer, played several potential state title teams. So tough competition for them is no stranger. They know what they will have to play like, energy and physical level, etc to compete with it. W East doesn’t IMO. Being at home will help them. But I can def see FC coming out victorious
In all polls I have seen,  they are no higher than 5th ranked. No lower than 8th. I think they are appropriately rated. They are in the final 8 playing in 4A so it seems justified. 

FC certainly capable of winning this game but East has experience, speed, and size to match up with them with so I don't see some blowout like that fraudulent spencer co team
Sorry Fade, you are absolutely correct and overrated was bad verbiage. I should have said, like Corbin last year, IMO they aren’t as good as they appear on paper. They are 4 in RPI. But their OWP is below .500, which could me either 1) they played some bad teams all year or 2) they played some good teams, but those teams had hard
schedules. But looking at their OOWP, it’s just .54, which to me means they played a light schedule. Only 3 teams theyve played had winning records. Wayne, Franklin Simpson, and Daviess co. If those are the best teams they’ve played, again just in my opinion I don’t think they’ve proved themselves yet. So the record can be misleading. But i could be wrong, won’t be the first time today. Might not even be the last. They could wipe everybody left, I don’t see it, but again it’s hard to judge yourself playing teams with losing records. If you made me bet. Im gonna take FC by 2 scores
Spencer might as well been running up a mountain and playing with no pads last week… each play ended looking like Gettysburg. This week won’t be the same for the Flyers. We will see what they are bs Warren East! Flyers win!!
Game Day!
(11-18-2022, 02:26 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry Fade, you are absolutely correct and overrated was bad verbiage. I should have said, like Corbin last year, IMO they aren’t as good as they appear on paper. They are 4 in RPI. But their OWP is below .500, which could me either 1) they played some bad teams all year or 2) they played some good teams, but those teams had hard
schedules. But looking at their OOWP, it’s just .54, which to me means they played a light schedule. Only 3 teams theyve played had winning records. Wayne, Franklin Simpson, and Daviess co. If those are the best teams they’ve played, again just in my opinion I don’t think they’ve proved themselves yet. So the record can be misleading. But i could be wrong, won’t be the first time today. Might not even be the last. They could wipe everybody left, I don’t see it, but again it’s hard to judge yourself playing teams with losing records. If you made me bet. Im gonna take FC by 2 scores

I don't see them whiping anybody left. All these games will be tough for East. I just know they are a competitive team and have a good amount of seniors and have outstanding skill position players. Especially at quarterback.  You are correct in terms of schedule though. Hard to have a solid read. As far as the game, I don't see anybody winning comfortably like that one way or the other. But if you made me bet I would take East by a score. I have never seen Franklin County play, I just watch the games online and from last week against Spencer. They remind me a lot of East honestly in terms of personnel and style. Now East doesnt have any single guy like Moorman so it will take a collective effort. Hoping for a fun game with no injuries

It is all about being right at the correct time, every team deals with injuries.   Spencer took a significant injury in week 10 and another in the first round that dramatically affected them.   Not saying they would have beaten Franklin but you need to be healthy and playing your best this time.   Franklin needs to be consistent and not hurt themselves with penalties if so they will be a tough out.
(11-18-2022, 11:04 AM)Fade Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't see them whiping anybody left. All these games will be tough for East. I just know they are a competitive team and have a good amount of seniors and have outstanding skill position players. Especially at quarterback.  You are correct in terms of schedule though. Hard to have a solid read. As far as the game, I don't see anybody winning comfortably like that one way or the other. But if you made me bet I would take East by a score. I have never seen Franklin County play, I just watch the games online and from last week against Spencer. They remind me a lot of East honestly in terms of personnel and style. Now East doesnt have any single guy like Moorman so it will take a collective effort. Hoping for a fun game with no injuries
Yea I can go with that. For me it’s just hard to judge because of their schedule. Never seen more than highlights from them though. FC has a ton of skilled players. Their line isn’t their strong point, but they aren’t bad either. Moorman is a beast. He hits that hole hard and fast. Getting less than 5 is a surprise for him. I hope it is a good game though.
(11-18-2022, 01:41 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2022, 11:04 AM)Fade Wrote: [ -> ]

Yea I can go with that. For me it’s just hard to judge because of their schedule. Never seen more than highlights from them though. FC has a ton of skilled players. Their line isn’t their strong point, but they aren’t bad either. Moorman is a beast. He hits that hole hard and fast. Getting less than 5 is a surprise for him. I hope it is a good game though.

Moorman, the Latter-Day-Saint, is going to have to carry them through the next two rounds. He's "Moor"  than capable.
(11-18-2022, 09:32 AM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Spencer might as well been running up a mountain and playing with no pads last week… each play ended looking like Gettysburg.  This week won’t be the same for the Flyers. We will see what they are bs Warren East! Flyers win!!

I understand you belief in Franklin but it must be asked how in the world did they lose 5 games?

(11-18-2022, 05:30 PM)HS_fballfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2022, 09:32 AM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Spencer might as well been running up a mountain and playing with no pads last week… each play ended looking like Gettysburg.  This week won’t be the same for the Flyers. We will see what they are bs Warren East! Flyers win!!

I understand you belief in Franklin but it must be asked how in the world did they lose 5 games?

Every team that beat them is still In the play offs, one beat trinity and st x, ones only
Loss is to Douglas, other two are 11-0.

Oh yea, and they played like crap, and got beat. Turnovers, Penalties, all the above.

I’m Just rooting for my team!

I would say if any team played Franklin Countys schedule, you could have some losses as well. They had some injuries and losing to Corbin, Woodford County, Ballard County I can see, then when its your Rival game and it being Central, they had beat Central 2 in a row and that hardly happens in that series. I would say if Warren East played the same schedule, they might have the same record.. Or which of those teams do you think Warren would have beaten?
Central game was most disappointing loss to me held stone to 60 yds but couldn’t get it going on o and gave up some long passes.
(11-18-2022, 06:48 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I would say if any team played Franklin Countys schedule, you could have some losses as well. They had some injuries and losing to Corbin, Woodford County, Ballard County I can see, then when its your Rival game and it being Central, they had beat Central 2 in a row and that hardly happens in that series. I would say if Warren East played the same schedule, they might have the same record.. Or which of those teams do you think Warren would have beaten?

I don't think he is speaking in terms of just warren east, but personally I feel Warren East would have atleast scored against Central and played them tighter. Just match up better. Thats just me though. Against the rest I agree they would have struggled. This is going to be a really good game tonight, I don't think you can look at Franklins losses on their schedule and determine the outcome of the game solely based on that. If Franklin played East's scheduled it would be a max of two losses. So its not like these two teams are playing the game on paper. Should be a dandy of a game tonight.
FC still had not figured out a lot at Central. But boy did we ever Stink it up. Warren East would have ran the clock on central probably.
Warren East just threw in the towel… Dane didn’t finish the game… schedule matters
Franklin County in a brawl! Shocking! Lol!
A brawl! Haha or something
would be easy to just not say anything, but wanted to say congrats to FC on their win! they earned it completely last night. East's shot flew out the window when their qb went out of the game down 14. thats not to say FC wouldnt have won anyway. But after that happened it was clear they werent going to put points up. I wont get in to the antics of the scrum, just believe it was one kid from east leaving the bench that made it ugly. hate it for both sides because games shouldnt end that way. Both coaches agreed there was nothing to be gained playing it out and i respect that. the game was over anyway.

I am a bowling green fan, am from the area. Theres not a very big warren East contingency online to inform others so thats why i took upon it here. East is very young and qb who is their best player is just a sophomore.

As far as the "dane not finishing comment" i wont touch that, the kid simply sprained his ankle and cold made it swell up on him and he could barely walk lol. its football. it happens, I dont think the schedule had anything to do with him getting injured.

This isnt about that though. This is about the Flyers playing well and deserving a victory. Which they got. They are very talented and well coached. Congratulations and best of luck moving forward
Fair enough. Wasn’t a shot at him. But. Fc was all over Him second half, kid will be a stud next year.
Good luck to your teams.