Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 43 Harlan 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2nd Quarter running clock, on to the next round for the Panthers.

Congrats to Harlan, solid season!!
Congratulations to the Panthers and Harlan is far better team than I thought and definitely has some athletes
Harlan is better than advertised.
I’d bet on them over a couple 1A teams still in the mix, but hey what do I know.
Another great defensive performance. No points on first team in 6 Class A games.
Keep it going next week. 2 running clock shutouts vs Paintsville in the same season would be nice.
Harlan had some nice players and good size for a 1A team but they only had I think 22 players dressed.
I’ve seen a couple Single A teams with 30+ players dressed but 15 of those couldn’t play dead in a western. I’ll be honest, this Harlan team would beat at least two of the remaining single A teams left in the East if they had solid coaching, and I’m not knocking Harlan’s staff. But their size and skill is better than 2 of the teams remaining in the East and I’d die on that hill.

You take that roster and give it to Pikeville’s staff for a season and I’d bet they’d have a legit shot at a championship.
I don’t care what anyone says. This game was 8-0 at the end of the first quarter. I knew Harlan was better then advertised and I HONESTLY believe they are underrated . Pikeville better come ready to play next week.
(11-12-2022, 02:02 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve seen a couple Single A teams with 30+ players dressed but 15 of those couldn’t play dead in a western. I’ll be honest, this Harlan team would beat at least two of the remaining single A teams left in the East if they had solid coaching, and I’m not knocking Harlan’s staff. But their size and skill is better than 2 of the teams remaining in the East and I’d die on that hill.

You take that roster and give it to Pikeville’s staff for a season and I’d bet they’d have a legit shot at a championship.

You give Pikevilles players to Harlan’s staff and you’d be saying the same thing backwards.
Oh well yeah I def like Pikeville’s roster but I wasn’t really comparing Harlan’s roster to Pikeville’s. I was comparing them to a couple of the other single A teams remaining that I’ve watched in person, and I think with the right coaching situation that they’re better than two of the remaining Eastern single A rosters. But hey what do I know, lol.
Harlan is probably the 4th/5th best team in Class A that’s for sure. But if u think Harlan’s staff hasn’t got the most out of these 22 kids u don’t know much football.
Nick Saban could have been coaching Harlan this season and the outcome wouldn’t have changed. Harlan outmanned at every position like all other 1A team will be vs Pikeville
(11-12-2022, 02:20 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well yeah I def like Pikeville’s roster but I wasn’t really comparing Harlan’s roster to Pikeville’s. I was comparing them  to a couple of the other single A teams remaining that I’ve watched in person, and I think with the right coaching situation that they’re better than two of the remaining Eastern single A rosters. But hey what do I know, lol.
I’ve seen a couple Single A teams with 30+ players dressed but 15 of those couldn’t play dead in a western. I’ll be honest, this Harlan team would beat at least two of the remaining single A teams left in the East if they had solid coaching, and I’m not knocking Harlan’s staff. But their size and skill is better than 2 of the teams remaining in the East and I’d die on that hill.

With comments like this, you obviously don’t know very much.
Harlan is much better than most give them credit for. Tremendous athletes and toughness on that team for such a small school.

Pikeville did what was needed and move on to next round!

Hail Pikeville!!!
(11-12-2022, 10:04 AM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2022, 02:20 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well yeah I def like Pikeville’s roster but I wasn’t really comparing Harlan’s roster to Pikeville’s. I was comparing them  to a couple of the other single A teams remaining that I’ve watched in person, and I think with the right coaching situation that they’re better than two of the remaining Eastern single A rosters. But hey what do I know, lol.

With comments like this, you obviously don’t know very much.
I’d have to agree with. I really don’t know very much. Seriously I’m about 1 lost brain cell away from being nonfunctional.
Haha MB is tops at keeping it real.

Harlan stats up:
55 passing, 54 on one great play by receiver who pinned the ball against his back while running to make the catch.
67 rushing, 37 and the TD by their freshman RB against 2nd team at the end of the game.

Another lights out performance by D. 84 yards or so, most on 1 play, no points.
Harlan had been averaging about 260 rushing a game I believe.
(11-13-2022, 04:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Haha MB is tops at keeping it real.

Harlan stats up:
55 passing, 54 on one great play by receiver who pinned the ball against his back while running to make the catch.
67 rushing, 37 and the TD by their freshman RB against 2nd team at the end of the game.

Impressive....

I'd pay $200 for a ticket to see Corbin-Pikeville on a neutral Field right now.
(11-13-2022, 04:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

Harlan stats up:

Impressive....

Not right now, after they bring home the hardware from Kroger.
(11-13-2022, 04:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2022, 04:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

Harlan stats up:

Impressive....

Not right now, after they bring home the hardware from Kroger.

There ya go.  And crown the winner the overall state champ.   

Corbin has a larger student enrollment.  Wouldn't that make us a comfortable favorite?   LOL