Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Playing conditions tonight?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all the rain hitting our area, how is everyone’s field holding up? I know many have went to turf but there are many who still have grass. What’s the pros and cons of both in the rain? Who has the advantage?
The turf field I think evens the playing field for everyone a grass field that is nothing but mud favors a big strong team and hurts a fast team or a team that throws the ball imo.
The fields, at least in eastern Kentucky , have improved so much thru the years. We played at some real mud holes in the day i.e. Vipperman at Belfry, Lawrence Co, Prestonsburg just to name a few. A bad field can neutralize some really great teams especially for a passing team.
Breathitt's field tonight is a little worse than I figured especially in the middle. Could be a factor if its close in the 4th.
Before so many teams getting turf, tonight's playing conditions are what upsets are made off. I miss those days.
Pikevilles turf is holding water and making it taught to keep feet