Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McLean County @ Owensboro Catholic 11/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This 2nd Round 2A matchup is a re-match from Oct 21st in which Catholic won 40 to 6.  

McLean is coming into the game at 9-2 with their 2 losses coming from Butler Co (8-3) and the afore mentioned game against Catholic.  They moved on to the 2nd round by knocking off the #2 seed Caldwell Co 15-7.

Catholic is coming in at 8-3 with all 3 losses coming to quality opponents in Daviess Co, Union Co, and CAL.  Catholic has been rolling lately with 3 straight running clock games.

Some have labelled OC as a potential state champion dark horse this year.  Does McLean have what it takes to pull a repeat of 2019 & upset Catholic or does Catholic continue on?
Catholic Rolls.
OC with a running clock, possibly in the first half
McLean will bring a big crowd to Steele Stadium Friday night. They will be ready to play. They will be well coached, play hard, and do what they do best, run the football. Mclean has a couple of really good running backs (Clayton, Cline and Baldwin) and the run the wing T really well. OC will have to be ready for McLean if they want to win. If McLean can control the football like they did against Hancock Co they may have a chance.

But I think OC has to many weapons on offense and I don't think McLean can stop them. Plus the OC defense held McLean to 158 years rushing and 32 passing the last time they played. McLean will have to do a lot better than that if they expect to win. I'll take OC 49-7.
The Aces absolutely did not get the best Cougars when they played earlier this season. I am not saying that to take away anything from OC - they may have still beaten even the best Cougar effort, but it was obvious that the Cougars didn't show up to play that night.

I'm obviously biased towards the Cougars but I do believe in them & I am hopeful that win or lose the Cougars will play their best ball & leave it all out on the field. I think the Cougars can win the game. But, win or lose the Cougar Nation is proud of how far this program has come in the last decade or so.
I’ll take Owensboro Catholic
35-14
I'll take O'Cath 50-6
This game is now going to be played at Steele Stadium on the campus of KWC.