Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro @ Shelby Valley 11/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Middlesboro will travel to Shelby Valley this Friday. 

Middlesboro (7-3)
Aug 19, 22 Hazard away (L) 24 - 42 
Aug 26, 22 Williamsburg away (L) 21 - 22 
Sep 2, 22 Garrard County home (W) 49 - 26 
Sep 9, 22 Lynn Camp away (W) 57 - 0 
Sep 16, 22 Harlan home (W) 21 - 20 
Sep 23, 22 Morgan County away (W) 48 - 0 Sorghum Bowl 
Sep 30, 22 Breathitt County away (L) 0 - 20 
Oct 7, 22 Leslie County home (W) 47 - 21 
Oct 28, 22 Pineville home (W) 41 - 38 
Nov 4, 22 Prestonsburg home (W) 42 - 30

Shelby Valley (9-2)
Aug 19, 22 Letcher County Central away (L) 48 - 52 
Aug 27, 22 Pike County Central at Pikeville (W) 59 - 7  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 2, 22 Floyd Central home (W) 36 - 0 
Sep 9, 22 North Laurel away (L) 12 - 27 
Sep 23, 22 West Carter home (W) 54 - 21 
Sep 30, 22 Prestonsburg away (W) 68 - 21 
Oct 6, 22 Martin County home (W) 47 - 34 
Oct 14, 22 East Ridge away (W) 62 - 20 
Oct 21, 22 Bath County away (W) 62 - 6 
Oct 28, 22 Hazard home (W) 28 - 27 
Nov 4, 22 Morgan County home (W) 55 - 0

Thoughts?
Shelby Valley wins this one. 

I believe it'll be a close one until late and Valley will pull away.
Pulling for Middlesboro. ……..But I really like this Shelby Valley team.

Shelby Valley 42
Middlesboro 21
Pulling for the Jackets because of family roots, but I feel like Shelby Valley has the edge at home.
Pulling for the Jackets...
Grigsby is unbelievable for Middlesboro.
I believe both defenses will struggle to stop the opposing offense so this one should be a shootout.

I will take Shelby Valley at home 42-34
Jackets find a way…

MHS - 35
SVHS - 34
This is going to be a good one but I am taking Valley
This will be a shoot out. Middlesboro will be a dangerous team. If they are healthy then they have a good shot here.
Shelby Valley to 10 wins...
Shelby Valley - 42
Middleboro - 28

Shelby Valley's defense seems to be getting better. The better defense will win this game.
It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Middlesboro wins this game. I think they’re more athletic and have the overall speed advantage. They aren’t as explosive as Valley, but they’re just as talented. It’ll be interesting to see how Valley does against a team with Middlesboro’s athleticism and speed.

I think it’ll a really fun game to watch and I’d almost bet it turns into a shootout.

I’m going to lean SV, but again wouldn’t be surprised to see Mboro win either.
I have seen both teams, but Middlesboro was without their QB. Is everyone healthy for this game?
Middlesboro has a few excellent players and a good coach but this year I just think Shelby Valley is better.

Close one but SV by 6
I think this has the possibility of being one of the better games in the area. Both teams are similar offensively, and both defenses struggle stopping the run. If Shelby Valley would have one advantage, it would be depth. I think Middlesboro is thin, especially up front, and I feel like Valley may have the edge in this area. I look for a lot of points being scored, and who ever limits their turnovers, will come out on top. I think Valley pulls away late and wins in a high scoring game.

Shelby Valley - 48

Middlesboro - 38
jackets are down a lineman on a already thin unit imo jackets still get it done bc of coaching jackets 44 shelby valley 42
Valley's defense is questionable IMO, but middlesboro dont have the offensive firepower to get the win
This one will be tricky game!!! Which ever team contains the QB will win. Should interesting because passing game May not be much factor if weather is supposed be as bad as they say going be. Who ever got better run game will win this one. Could be game of field position

SV-22
Middlesboro-14
Looking at the schedule, I see 3 common opponents: Hazard, Morgan Co, and Prestonsburg.

Shelby Valley:

Hazard (home) = win, 28-27
PBurg (away) = win, 68-21
Morgan (home) = win, 55-0

Middlesboro:

Hazard (away) = loss, 24-42
PBurg (home) = win, 42-30
Morgan (away) = win, 48-0

Both teams handled Morgan with ease.  But the Wildcats picked up a close win over Hazard, while MBoro lost to the Dogs by 18.  SV also blew out Prestonsburg by 47, while the Jackets held on to win by only 12.  So by this comparison, it would seem that Valley is clearly the better team.

But this matchup will be decided on the field, and a wet, slippery one at that.  I have to think this will affect Shelby Valley and their passing attack quite a bit.  Instead of Osborne and his receivers, the Cats may have to rely on RB Jayden Newsome, as well as Osborne's ability to run.

On a dry day, I would say that this would be a shootout.  But in these conditions, I can't imagine either team putting up a ton of points.  Let's go with the home team by a touchdown.

Shelby Valley 27, Middlesboro 20.
Middlesboro currently leads 14-7 at the half
14-14.... Osborne takes it in for a Valley touchdown.

Jayden Newsome with some big runs on the drive.
Grigsby hits Wilson for a long touchdown for M'boro...

8:48 left in the game... Jackets lead, 21-20.
Newsome and Bentley team up to drive right back down the field and regain the lead for Valley

28-21 Shelby Valley

Just over 3 mins remaining
Middlesboro takes over on their own 23 yard line...

Grigsby on the keep for 2 yards... 2 & 8 Jackets

They have all 3 timeouts remaining
2:45 clock running
Timeout Yellow Jackets... 2:31 remaining... Middlesboro facing a 3rd and long...
4th and 9 for Mboro.... Valley calls a timeout
First down Yellow Jackets...
3rd and 5 Mboro 1:32 remaining
Timeout Mboro.... 1:27 remaining... 4th and 5 for the Jackets

MHS has 1 timeout remaining
Pages: 1 2