Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 40 Whitley Co. 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WOW!
What a game!

This was a flat out brawl between these two teams. I have never seen so many flags in my life. There were at least 25 penalties called, probably more.

Banks had a decent game tonight despite some early fumbles. On the ground he rushed 9 times for 91 yards.

Dakota Brock also had a good game, along side Terry Tolson.

Caleb Frazier ran a LONG TD late in the 4th to seal the game for the Cougars.

There were a lot of missed field goals in this game tonight. It lasted nearly 3 hours.

Congratulations to the Cougars, and good luck vs Clay Co.TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Congrats Letcher Central!
Congrats Letcher Central
Congrats LC.
it truely was a great game between the two...

Congrates LCC on the win..
This was a poorly officiated game overall, both teams were on the wrong end of some bad calls the whole game.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:This was a poorly officiated game overall, both teams were on the wrong end of some bad calls the whole game.

I agree
LCC had more total yards of penalties.
but the penalties on Whitley county were at very crucial points in the game
Big win Cougars!! First Playoff victory in school history!
The refs were consistantly unconsistant. I can not say that the refs decided the ball game. They definitely called it poorly both ways. I have never seen so many unsportsman-like conduct calls. I thought most of the unsportsmanlike calls were unneccessary and broke the flow of the game.

I thought two of the unsportsman like calls were especially unusual. On the first a LCC player carrying the ball was called for an unsportman like conduct call for stiff arming a tackler although the tackler actually made the tackle. On the other Whitley was called for an unsportman like conduct call on a kickoff return for a hard block because it was several yards behind the ball carrier. Both of these calls very damaging and unnecessary.

I also noticed that one of the refs called blocking below the knee three of four times on blocks inside the box. Again he called it both ways, but I believe the call is incorrect. Blocking below the knee is legal inside the box.

All in all a very poorly called game.

Despite the poor refereeing, the game was won on the line. LCC just blew Whitley off the line in the second half. The other big difference was coaching.

Ole Hilliard just flat out put a dog stomping on Coach Black in the coaching department. LCC made big adjustments at half to come out strong in the second half. Whitley made changes for the worse replacing their big bruising backs with a couple of freshmen. Nice move boys.

On defense Whitley never did put in their best line backer #26, consequently LCC ran all over the line backing core in the second half. Coach Black may have been punishing #26's dad by not playing him, but in the end the dad definitely had the last laugh. #26 probably averaged 25 yards a carry tonight and he definitely would have made a difference if Coach Black had been smart enough to put him in the game.
Was the team in shotgun when they called blocking below the knees? If so, it is the right call as a O-Lineman cannot cutblock in a shotgun formation.
Sloppy first half by the Cougars. Whitley came to play. The flags did hurt the flow of the game. The officials looked like they were totally disorganized several times. LCC was more physical in the second half.

Good luck next week.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Was the team in shotgun when they called blocking below the knees? If so, it is the right call as a O-Lineman cannot cutblock in a shotgun formation.

As long as there is no hesitation (the linemen doesn't set up in pass protection and then cut) you can cut block in the shotgun formation. Trust me, I've asked every official I know and they all give me the same answer.
congrates cougars.... Now go out and have a great week of practice to set up for the tigers.....
Both teams ran out of the shotgun quite abit, so that may have been the case. My understanding of the rule is that cutblocking in the box is legal. I have not seen it called like that all year.

Another call that I have seen an awful lot of this season (much more than in the past) is blocking in the back. I have noticed different refs call it differently. Some refs call any contact to the back a penalty . Some reserve the call for actually blows or shoves to the back. What is the actual rule.
LCC's boys need to come loose, full of juice, and be ready for use......