Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: First Round of Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone who is a number’s junkie give us an average margin of victory and list the FOUR seeds that won a first round game?

I know this has been argued extensively in the playoff format thread; but I think the answer to those two questions will provide excellent data points to consider.
I’m more disappointed in the users of this forum for not accepting this challenge than I am in myself for being too lazy to do it!!!!  

Where are the data nerds????
I personally get sick of the playoff talks over and over and over. There is nothing going to change the current system and I’m tired of people bitching about it. Doesn’t matter if the average score is 100 points …..nothing is gonna change
I’m gonna prove I’m right and all “real men” on this site will see the light when I’m done!

Remember in Young Guns when Billy said-“Charlie, if you don’t start whipping some a$$; we’re all gonna hang!”???

Charlie finally got fired up and fought John Kenney and the Murphy Men with all his might.

What was the final result for Charlie?

Mic drop
Nobody is forcing anybody to watch first round playoff games. If you don't want to watch them, just something else for that Friday. If you don't want to watch blowout games in the second round, then use your imagination and do something else that Friday night too. Just jump in and start paying attention whenever it suits you. I just wish people would quit complaining and start doing something that they enjoy and let the rest of us watch playoff games in peace.
I’ve taken teams to these joke games before. It sucks. But for your information, Sir- I did do something I enjoyed last night. I went Coon hunting. If it rains next Friday……

I’m watching Young Guns II!

Bahahahahahaha love the free banter and Liberty we have here and in America; enjoy your trophy.
(11-05-2022, 04:45 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve taken teams to these joke games before.  It sucks.  But for your information, Sir- I did do something I enjoyed last night.  I went Coon hunting.  If it rains next Friday……

I’m watching Young Guns II!

Bahahahahahaha love the free banter and Liberty we have here and in America; enjoy your trophy.
If you don't like my opinions, then you are free to ignore them, just as you are free to ignore first round playoff games. I am not the only member who gets sick of all of the complaining...every...single,,,season. Congratulations for not having to take teams to blowout first round playoff games any more. Hopefully, the guys driving the buses these days don't share your attitude.
Salty is no fun!!! Booooo

Don’t “get sick” of reading someone’s opinion. Then, you are letting them control your mind and physical well-being.

Schools weren’t built so we could hire drivers. We hire drivers because schools have KIDS. My opinions are just that- opinions; same as yours are. I just try to think of what’s best for the kids. We may have to agree to disagree.

But don’t let other people make you sick, Bro.

And I’ll watch Outlaw Josey Wales and be inspired as to what an over matched outnumbered underdog is capable of…
(11-05-2022, 04:56 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Salty is no fun!!!  Booooo

Don’t “get sick” of reading someone’s opinion.  Then, you are letting them control your mind and physical well-being.

Schools weren’t built so we could hire drivers.  We hire drivers because schools have KIDS.  My opinions are just that- opinions; same as yours are.  I just try to think of what’s best for the kids.  We may have to agree to disagree.

And I’ll watch Outlaw Josef Wales and be inspired as to what an over matched outnumbered underdog is capable of…
I just enjoy reading original opinions. This one has been run into the ground and nothing has changed, nor is anything likely to change. If schools cannot afford the diesel to transport players to a playoff game and they are unwilling to commit the resources to fielding better teams, then they should drop football altogether.

A recycled opinion, paired with a plea for somebody else to do the math is just not that impressive, IMO, so I will bow out of this thread. Good luck getting somebody to provide data to support your opinion.  Big Grin
Now, that’s more like it!  That was fun, HOOT!  You are okay!!!

And you are 100% correct about one thing; just one!  If schools aren’t willing to commit the resources to being good; they should drop the sport.  Just fielding a team mentality is a whole lot like communism.

Also, nice try!  BUT, you are not shaming me into doing all that math.
(11-05-2022, 04:56 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Salty is no fun!!!  Booooo

Don’t “get sick” of reading someone’s opinion.  Then, you are letting them control your mind and physical well-being.

Schools weren’t built so we could hire drivers.  We hire drivers because schools have KIDS.  My opinions are just that- opinions; same as yours are.  I just try to think of what’s best for the kids.  We may have to agree to disagree.

And I’ll watch Outlaw Josey Wales and be inspired as to what an over matched outnumbered underdog is capable of…

Don't even try him. He takes life so seriously. Declining badly in his later years, it seems.

As far as the first round games, I agree with you. They are really no fun for anyone involved. I spoke to one of a few handfuls of HC fans who showed up last night. She seemed to be not having a good time, late in the third quarter. She was there because of her kid but indicated that she would have been fine if the game had not have been played. I know it's a small sample size but I bet a number of fans and parents( probably kids, too) feel the same way.
I feel ya! I haven’t even had to use any JEDI mind tricks here….fish in a barrel
Enough arguing. First Round is over anyway.