Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County @ Lawrence County 11/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These two meet again, Greenup County snuck out of Louisa with a 17-14 win the first time after a Bulldog fumble on the 1 yard line with under a minute to go. This will be a battle!
Toss up game. Hard to call.
Coach Short will find a way! Who said EC would out coach him last week?

Put that quote in your coaches’ office mirror, Coach, and use it to find a way!!!
Mouseketeers will move on
“Oh Boy!” In Mickey Mouse voice…..another doubter Dogs!!!!
Greenup does it again.

Greenup County 28
Lawrence County 21
Lc 35 gc 14
This is a tough game to pick. How are the injuries for these teams? I know Lawrence lost Gillispie for the season, so there's no way to recover from that huge loss, but are they full strength otherwise? I know Greenup's leading receiver just came back over the past 2 games after missing a few weeks. Are they full strength otherwise? I know both are hard hitting teams that will give a lot of effort. The injury report will be key.
Lawrence got several players back last week outside of Gillespie, they are good to go!

I’ll take the Dawgs at home
For this being one of the better matchups, it’s awful quiet. What’s everyone think about this one?
Greenup 21 - Lawrence 17. Zach Moore gets another win before hanging up the whistle.
With rain in the forecast, don’t expect much passing in this one. The team that executes running and takes care of the football wins this one. It should be a very physical game.
Loving the Musketeers this year. I hope this season springboards them to success in the future but this chapter ends in Louisa. To be honest, I think the Bulldogs have had the better season with Greenup being the one game they would love to have back. Well....they have it....and they won't let it slip away this time. Bulldogs 26-12.
With the weather going to be bad, I like the way the Bulldogs run the football. They are built to win in weather like this. Dawgs revenge loss from earlier in season.
Seems like both teams are "mudder" teams so this one will probably be determined by who hangs onto the ball in what appears to be less than ideal conditions. How does the Lawrence field hold up to a Noah's Ark rainfall we are going to get today?
It will be nasty for sure, drainage works but the way the field is, it will hold water in places. They’ve needed to either turf it or re-do it completely for many years.
Lawrence Co, field has one of the largest crowns on it in the area, but it still has a couple of places that water settles on. I just wish Louisa had a radio station that carried the action. It's very sad thing for Louisa, I remember my grandparents that wasn't able to go to the games but they could tune in to the local station just waiting to hear my name, and when they did I heard about it all week. Our teams needs that support, I would love to see the school/town get another station. Good luck and praying for an injury free game on both sides. Go DAWGS
Update??
14-7 Muskies at the half.
14-7 GC after 3.
(11-11-2022, 11:09 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]14-7 GC after 3.
Who with the ball
GC has the ball.
14-7 5:39 4th
Greenup 4th and inches on lC 15 yard line with just over 4 minutes to go.
Greenup gets the 1st down.
3:35 4th
21-7 GC 2:35 4th
LC fumble and GC Covers, Greenup ball at LC 4 and they score 28-7 2:21 4th