Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Todd County Central @ Mayfield 11/04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Todd County Central will travel to Mayfield this Friday. 

Todd County Central (5-5)
Aug 19, 22 Trigg County away (L) 26 - 42 
Aug 26, 22 Fort Campbell home (W) 33 - 26 
Sep 1, 22 Webster County away (W) 56 - 35 
Sep 9, 22 Hopkins County Central away (W) 38 - 35 
Sep 16, 22 McLean County away (L) 13 - 42 
Sep 23, 22 Monroe County home (W) 30 - 0 
Sep 30, 22 Owensboro Catholic away (L) 37 - 47 
Oct 14, 22 Butler County home (L) 21 - 27  (overtime) 
Oct 21, 22 Hancock County home (W) 16 - 14 
Oct 29, 22 Green County home (L) 21 - 54

Mayfield (10-0)
Aug 19, 22 Graves County away (W) 36 - 0 
Aug 26, 22 Hopkinsville home (W) 36 - 0 
Sep 2, 22 Paducah Tilghman home (W) 16 - 14 
Sep 9, 22 McCracken County away (W) 49 - 26 
Sep 16, 22 Calloway County away (W) 62 - 7 
Sep 23, 22 Fort Campbell home (W) 50 - 7 
Sep 30, 22 Caldwell County home (W) 49 - 7 
Oct 14, 22 Ballard Memorial away (W) 50 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Murray away (W) 42 - 10 
Oct 28, 22 Madisonville-North Hopkins home (W) 50 - 10

Thoughts?
Alright, I get hammered by friends for being a (half glass empty ) fan, so I’m gonna make them happy,, Mayfield puts a running clock on TCC.
Mayfield could be in trouble in this one. Need a couple of more days to think about my prediction
(10-30-2022, 01:23 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Mayfield could be in trouble in this one. Need a couple of more days to think about my prediction
Woah
Mayfield cruises to Round 2...
Running clock first half. 10th one in 11 games.
Talk about a weak schedule this year for mayfield…………….Hello Mysonis55
(10-31-2022, 11:41 AM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Talk about a weak schedule this year for mayfield…………….Hello Mysonis55
It wasn’t a week schedule, the only game mayfield scheduled that they shouldn’t have was Calloway county. They definitely need to drop that game even tho Calloway is in a higher class, that win will rarely if ever help mayfield because Calloway is so bad, consistently. The only (problem) in doing that is they are going to have to travel 3 or 4 hours for a (quality) opponent, which I am all for. Just like they did when they played corbin at Lindsay wilson college . Now that’s a game that would help their Rpi if they win, maybe even if they loose. Mayfield schedules the same 4 (big) schools they do every year it’s just that all 4 of them have had bad years this year and they are all 4 usually pretty good. Mayfield will rarely have the SOS that say beechwood or Lexington Christian will have because there is just not near as much quality competition in this area. Having said that, if paducah TILGHMAN, Graves county, McCraken county, and Hopkinsville would of had just NORMAL records, Mayfield would be ranked 2nd in RPI, and their SOS would have been a lot higher
Mayfield's best win is against a 4-6 PD team that they beat 16-14. Mayfield has only played two teams with a winning record and they have played two teams that haven't won a game. The combined record for their opponents is 37-64. Tell me again about how Mayfield has put a running clock on everyone.
(10-31-2022, 04:29 PM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: [ -> ]Mayfield's best win is against a 4-6 PD team that they beat 16-14.  Mayfield has only played two teams with a winning record and they have played two teams that haven't won a game.  The combined record for their opponents is 37-64.  Tell me again about how Mayfield has put a running clock on everyone.
They have, all but 2 games. Trust me, mayfield hates it that several teams they play are having down years. If you think they are weak, spit out who you are for, and we’ll see how they stack up when they play each other

(10-31-2022, 11:41 AM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Talk about a weak schedule this year for mayfield…………….Hello Mysonis55
It’s pretty much the same schedule we have each year, give or take a game here and there. Some of you guys are insinuating that mayfield scheduled weak this year and that’s rediculous, they cannot be to blame that their normal opponents are having down years. That ( weak) schedule has prepared them for a few state championships and about as many runner ups. In 2A, or 1A, only beechwood can match or better Mayfield’s end result. So y’all keep hating, we probably won’t win it all this year, the road to Lexington is FAR harder than the east side has it, but Mayfield’s record speaks for itself and we pretty much play the same teams every year.
First of 57 missed it. We actually have had a running clock in all but 1 game this year.

Next, ace, that 4-6 PT team was a much much stronger team when we played them than now. They had some losses to injury. They also are notorious for falling hard after losing to Mayfield. They somehow regain it in the playoffs. This may be the case again.

Next, not only will Mayfield put a running clock on TCC this week, they will on next weeks opponent as well.

After that, we may have a game or two that we only win by 2-3 touchdowns. Then at state, it should be a game.
(10-31-2022, 04:26 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]
It wasn’t a week schedule, the only game mayfield scheduled that they shouldn’t have was Calloway county. They definitely need to drop that game even tho Calloway is in a higher class, that win will rarely if ever help mayfield because Calloway is so bad, consistently. The only (problem) in doing that is they are going to have to travel 3 or 4 hours for a (quality) opponent, which I am all for. Just like they did when they played corbin at Lindsay wilson college . Now that’s a game that would help their Rpi if they win, maybe even if they loose. Mayfield schedules the same 4 (big) schools they do every year it’s just that all 4 of them have had bad years this year and they are all 4 usually pretty good. Mayfield will rarely have the SOS that say beechwood or Lexington Christian will have because there is just not near as much quality competition in this area. Having said that, if paducah TILGHMAN, Graves county, McCraken county, and Hopkinsville would of had just NORMAL records, Mayfield would be ranked 2nd in RPI, and their SOS would have been a lot higher
I get it. We pretty much have the same schedule as last year except pikeville. 10-0 last year got us 3rd. This year 10-0 gets 1st. It’s hard to judge two years in hs football in Ky. Then you have mayfield is so far away with not many solid teams around in the west. Plus being a 2A school. A lot of bigger schools it’s a lose lose thing. Outside of prepping for playoffs anyways. I know central travels to belfry. I’d like to see a good mayfield offense go against a good central D
(10-31-2022, 09:45 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
I get it. We pretty much have the same schedule as last year except pikeville. 10-0 last year got us 3rd. This year 10-0 gets 1st. It’s hard to judge two years in hs football in Ky. Then you have mayfield is so far away with not many solid teams around in the west. Plus being a 2A school. A lot of bigger schools it’s a lose lose thing. Outside of prepping for playoffs anyways. I know central travels to belfry. I’d like to see a good mayfield offense go against a good central D
Hard to judge this offense cause as several have noted, they’ve only been tested once. I was talking to a few other fans Friday night and one of them said this years offense is not as good as 2019 ( which I totally agree). I think if mayfield gets to OC they will have their hands full getting out of there with a win.
Providing 24 is healed, OC won’t be too big a challenge.
(10-31-2022, 10:29 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2022, 09:45 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
Hard to judge this offense cause as several have noted, they’ve only been tested once. I was talking to a few other fans Friday night and one of them said this years offense is not as good as 2019 ( which I totally agree). I think if mayfield gets to OC they will have their hands full getting out of there with a win.
That’s the problem with playing teams like they did this year. Just like we had last year. I had a bad feeling most of the year. Teams get complacent going against smaller and slower guys. It’s like a panic button goes off if the guy across from you is better or the same. They get accustomed to playing at that lower level. Hopefully that won’t happen to mayfield. But it’s def hard to judge how good your team is.
(10-31-2022, 11:54 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: [ -> ]Providing 24 is healed, OC won’t be too big a challenge.
Well. It was obvious Friday night he wasn’t ready to be back. Guess we’ll just have to disagree again. I think mayfield will have their hands full with OC even if JU JU is 100%

rookie57
(10-31-2022, 11:54 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: [ -> ]Providing 24 is healed, OC won’t be too big a challenge.
Well. It was obvious Friday night he wasn’t ready to be back. Guess we’ll just have to disagree again. I think mayfield will have their hands full with OC even if JU JU is 100%

history has shown you have been correct more than me, so, hope it is so this time as well.
OC would have to win first two rounds then, in all probability, beat LCA to even have a shot at Mayfield. But, if that happens, Mayfield will have to travel to Owensboro to play the Aces. I'll have to agree with 57 and say Mayfield will have their hands full with OC even if JU JU plays. OC shut down Carbon from Owensboro (89 yards on 22 carries) and Parm from Daviess County (75 yards on 23 carries).Should be a great game if both make it that far.