Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leslie County @ Martin County 11/04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leslie County will travel to Martin County this Friday. 

Leslie County (5-5)
Aug 19, 22 Martin County away (L) 19 - 41 
Aug 26, 22 Clay County away (L) 32 - 42 
Sep 2, 22 Williamsburg away (L) 30 - 32 
Sep 9, 22 Floyd Central away (W) 20 - 14
Sep 23, 22 Fairview home (W) 52 - 12 
Sep 30, 22 Morgan County home (W) 37 - 0 
Oct 7, 22 Middlesboro away (L) 21 - 47 
Oct 14, 22 Knott County Central away (W) 43 - 7 
Oct 21, 22 Breathitt County home (L) 20 - 40
Oct 28, 22 Harlan home (W) 21 - 18

Martin County (6-4)
Aug 19, 22 Leslie County home (W) 41 - 19 
Aug 26, 22 Greenup County away (L) 6 - 43 
Sep 2, 22 Fleming County away (L) 14 - 21 
Sep 9, 22 Knott County Central home (W) 41 - 0 
Sep 23, 22 Bath County away (W) 46 - 0 
Sep 30, 22 East Ridge home (W) 57 - 22 
Oct 6, 22 Shelby Valley away (L) 34 - 47 
Oct 14, 22 West Carter home (W) 48 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Prestonsburg away (W) 27 - 20 
Oct 28, 22 East Carter home (L) 15 - 35

Thoughts?
Gosh I hope the Eagles pull this one off…. Unfortunately hoping hasn’t gotten us very far this season.

Similar score to the first time they played.

MC- 42
Eagles- 21
#5 Hensley for the eagles didn't play 1st game. I don't see a player that Martin has that can match his caliber. Leslie will have to stop the run game or id expect a shootout. Leslie's D will have to make big stops this week.

Leslie 38
Marin 28

Leslie County is beginning they can win these games……………..So I believe they can win this game………Upset Alert

Leslie County 35
Martin County 28
What's the status of Mills? I know Martin County will be without Rufus, but if they're down Mills for this game and without Rufus then I think this game is going to be much closer than the previous meeting. I still expect Martin County to pull the win out, but Leslie has the size and ability to pull the upset.

Cards win, 32-28.
(10-30-2022, 09:04 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]#5 Hensley for the eagles didn't play 1st game. I don't see a player that Martin has that can match his caliber. Leslie will have to stop the run game or id expect a shootout. Leslie's D will have to make big stops this week.

Leslie 38
Marin 28

I would think Martin will key in on Hensley this week and prepare for him. Hopefully he has a good game …. The eagles will need him to be productive if they want a shot at winning this one.
This game well be a running clock With Mills being healthy and the best athlete on the field Leslie will have a short night on the field 49-7
(10-30-2022, 09:04 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]#5 Hensley for the eagles didn't play 1st game. I don't see a player that Martin has that can match his caliber. Leslie will have to stop the run game or id expect a shootout. Leslie's D will have to make big stops this week.

Leslie 38
Marin 28

Would kinda like to see Leslie win this one and with Rufus out for Martin their chances improved. He's tough on both sides of the ball. But to act like Hensley is going to beat them on his own is crazy. He had 2 yards receiving against Breathitt. A lot of Leslie's stat building came against very weak teams. That said, I wish them luck.
Leslie has the tools to pull off an upset.

LC 24
MC 20
Gonna be a better game than people think. Hensley didn’t play the first game. And the game was a little closer than the score appeared.

Leslie has to limit explosive runs to have a chance.

If it was at Leslie I would probably pick them by 7
But on the road
LC 28
MC 26
Hensley didn't play the entire second half vs Breathitt 1st of all. And i never once said Hensley will beat them by himself. Lol. Hensley will be a matchup nightmare for them along with the rest of Leslie receiving core. (If you double one Wyatt the other one is just a good and explosive.)

The game will be won if Leslie can limit big plays on defense, which they shut down Harlan Ind run game last week. So it should be interesting ?

But yes Hensley is the best athlete on the field with ease. He can play college football, basketball, or baseball if he chooses. Lol that's not even an argument.
Martin County in a game that’s closer than the 1st meeting.
(11-01-2022, 01:41 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]Hensley didn't play the entire second half vs Breathitt 1st of all. And i never once said Hensley will beat them by himself. Lol. Hensley will be a matchup nightmare for them along with the rest of Leslie receiving core. (If you double one Wyatt the other one is just a good and explosive.) 

The game will be won if Leslie can limit big plays on defense, which they shut down Harlan Ind run game last week. So it should be interesting ?

But yes Hensley is the best athlete on the field with ease. He can play college football, basketball, or baseball if he chooses. Lol that's not even an argument.
Leslie gave up 251 rushing yards and 2 rushing td's to a mediocre Harlan team so I am not sure we shut down anything. Hopefully we show up ready to play Friday or it will be a long game. Go Eagles!!
(11-01-2022, 01:41 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]Hensley didn't play the entire second half vs Breathitt 1st of all. And i never once said Hensley will beat them by himself. Lol. Hensley will be a matchup nightmare for them along with the rest of Leslie receiving core. (If you double one Wyatt the other one is just a good and explosive.) 

Well, let's not re-write history. Hensley went out with 2 minutes left in the "third" quarter. But who knows, maybe he would have doubled his yardage to 4 if he had played in the 4th? He's a decent player and I'm not saying he couldn't play some sport at a small college. But, a decent corner with some athleticism will hold him in check. I don't have a dog in the fight but seeing both teams, gotta give the edge to Martin.
Just to clear the air, Hensley didn't see 1 target vs breathitt. Not sure if it was the coaches,WR, QB, or O-line fault but i can assure you if you throw a jump ball in the end zone he will come out with it. Go watch the kid highlights.

And you can't always look at just numbers when it comes to small high schools. Yes leslie gave up yardage but held them on like 7 4th down stops. Help Harlan Ind to one of those lowest scores this season, 18.They were averaging around 35 PPG.

Will they do this vs Martin, who knows only time will tell. They will have to if the wanna come out with a W.

Status on Mills? IMO will be the other best athlete on the field. Which ever Defense can keep Hensley or Mills in check and take care of the ball will be victorious
(11-01-2022, 03:25 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]Just to clear the air, Hensley didn't see 1 target vs breathitt. Not sure if it was the coaches,WR, QB, or O-line fault but i can assure you if you throw a jump ball in the end zone he will come out with it. Go watch the kid highlights.

And you can't always look at just numbers when it comes to small high schools. Yes leslie gave up yardage but held them on like 7 4th down stops. Help Harlan Ind to one of those lowest scores this season, 18.They were averaging around 35 PPG.

Will they do this vs Martin, who knows only time will tell. They will have to if the wanna come out with a W.

Status on Mills? IMO will be the other best athlete on the field. Which ever Defense can keep Hensley or Mills in check and take care of the ball will be victorious
That is not true, we may have slowed it down but we have not shut anything down all season. Those were good 4th down stands but we still gave up 251 yards on the ground to a mediocre Harlan team.

As for number of targets for Hensley, any chance that he did not get the ball thrown to him because he was covered? Just a thought...
I didn't say anything about all season? ?‍♂️ I quoted the Harlan game. And Leslie held Harlan scoreless after the 1st quarter. Idk what you go off but that's a damn good defensive performance to hold a team scoreless 3 quarters.

I don't think he was covered "all night long" to obtain zero targets v breathitt.... come on we don't have Ramsey out there playing defense. And when he gets the ball in double coverage he still usually comes up with it. Just go ask the 2 kids from Harlan that are committed to play at EKU already, he mossed them all night long when the ball gets thrown his way... 3 them thangs... ?
Martin County - 40
Leslie County - 20
(11-01-2022, 04:19 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't say anything about all season? ?‍♂️ I quoted the Harlan game. And Leslie held Harlan scoreless after the 1st quarter. Idk what you go off but that's a damn good defensive performance to hold a team scoreless 3 quarters.

I don't think he was covered "all night long" to obtain zero targets v breathitt.... come on we don't have Ramsey out there playing defense. And when he gets the ball in double coverage he still usually comes up with it. Just go ask the 2 kids from Harlan that are committed to play at EKU already, he mossed them all night long when the ball gets thrown his way... 3 them thangs...  ?
Breathitt had Sperry on him and the coach probably knew he wasn't going to "Moss" him.
(11-01-2022, 04:19 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't say anything about all season? ?‍♂️ I quoted the Harlan game. And Leslie held Harlan scoreless after the 1st quarter. Idk what you go off but that's a damn good defensive performance to hold a team scoreless 3 quarters.

I don't think he was covered "all night long" to obtain zero targets v breathitt.... come on we don't have Ramsey out there playing defense. And when he gets the ball in double coverage he still usually comes up with it. Just go ask the 2 kids from Harlan that are committed to play at EKU already, he mossed them all night long when the ball gets thrown his way... 3 them thangs...  ?
Once again…. Our run defense has been nonexistent this year. You said we “shut down” Harlan’s running game….your words not mine and 
That is not true. 

I admire your faith in Hensley and I believe we’ve had this discussion before on a different thread, Leslie’s offense has only looked good against the bottom tier teams on their schedule. 

when we have played the better teams on our schedule, our offense has looked stagnant (minus Williamsburg)… don’t believe me than go look at our offensive stats from the middlesboro and breathitt games.
(11-01-2022, 02:55 PM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, let's not re-write history. Hensley went out with 2 minutes left in the "third" quarter. But who knows, maybe he would have doubled his yardage to 4 if he had played in the 4th? He's a decent player and I'm not saying he couldn't play some sport at a small college. But, a decent corner with some athleticism will hold him in check. I don't have a dog in the fight but seeing both teams, gotta give the edge to Martin.
C’mon now Slim, everyone knows your dog in the fight is #8 for the blue and white team.  It’s no big secret and that’s fine but don’t act like you can be non-biased on this board.
(11-01-2022, 07:35 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2022, 02:55 PM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't have a dog in the fight but seeing both teams, gotta give the edge to Martin.
C’mon now Slim, everyone knows your dog in the fight is #8 for the blue and white team.  It’s no big secret and that’s fine but don’t act like you can be non-biased on this board.
Why would a Breathitt supporter care at all who wins this game? I certainly don't, therefore no dog in the fight.
Went back and watched Martin Co vs P-burg and I think this game will be closer than the first meeting. 

After watching Martins secondary react to the few passes p-burg threw, I think the Eagles will move the ball and score points on Martin. 

The X factor for this game is going to be will LC find a way to stop Martin on a drive or two. LC is going to want this game to be a shootout and not a defensive battle.

As for LC's defense, I am no coach but it seems obvious to me that LC needs to stack the box and try and get Martins offense off the field, but once again that involves LC's defense providing some kind of resistance to the run. If Martin is able to sustain long drives and eat away at the clock than it will be a long night for Leslie. 

With that being said, I have been hard on the Eagles all season but I am still hopeful they will show up to play Friday and will make this a game. I am still not confident enough to predict a win for the Eagles but I think they will have their chances and if they are able to capitalize on those opportunities then they could very well leave Martin Co. with a win.

I think coach Melton and staff will have a good game plan for Friday. 

New prediction

Martin Co- 42
Leslie Co- 41