Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frederick Douglass 37 Boyle County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
(10-28-2022, 10:40 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Final.

Fred Doug is the real deal.
Way to go Douglass!
Congrats Douglass, heck of a football team!
Wow. I didn’t expect this. Honestly i thought boyle had a good shot at winning.

Were their injures tonight? Some of the players I’ve seen boyle play before wasn’t out there?
Congratulations to Freddy D
But what does this mean for Corbin's RPI!?!?!?
Boyles QB went out 2nd qtr with an injury. Came out in jersey and crutches. Not sure it mattered, FD was on a mission, they're legit!
(10-28-2022, 10:59 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]But what does this mean for Corbin's RPI!?!?!?

If Scott County loses, Corbin will lock down the #1 RPI  and will likely have the following games the next four weeks:

vs  Harlan County

vs   Letcher County Central

vs   Johnson Central

vs   Spencer County

vs  Boyle @  Kroger Field
First of all Boyle got took out behind the woodshed tonight Congrats to Douglas they were just better in all phases of the game, I don’t see them having any problems winning 5A they are as good as advertised just hope Sage Dawson’s injury isn’t serious.
(10-28-2022, 11:01 PM)toolaidback Wrote: [ -> ]Boyles QB went out 2nd qtr with an injury. Came out in jersey and crutches. Not sure it mattered, FD was on a mission, they're legit!
Ahhh man!! You never know though. A major player goes out like that and more than that is effected. But heck with the game, it didn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things, just hope the kid is good. If he come back on crutches hopefully something minor like a sprain and he can get back quick!!

I missed about half the game and am going back to watch it. Freddy D just dominated the LoS. And there’s no shame in that. They looked like EKU on that line. But when you have that on both sides of the ball, it’s hard to get anything going. Maybe a couple rolling passes or quick outs, screens maybe? They just triple teamed harkless and the DT was just left unblocked and came straight through. What can you do??? FD just had way more at just about every spot, that’s saying sometbing against boyle. Again, no shame in that. They would against 95% of teams in KY. Probably higher. FD was big, super fast, and very
very physical! I’ve only seen two teams that “out physical’d” boyle. I liked watching them. Every play, even on the backside the corners or safety’s were right in someone’s face. I could do without the “extra curricular” stuff. But excited to watch. Boyle will still benefit from this game. It’s hard to get better going against someone that’s slower, smaller, etc. than you. Only con for boyle in this game is injuries
(10-28-2022, 11:14 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]First of all Boyle got took out behind the woodshed tonight Congrats to Douglas they were just better in all phases of the game, I don’t see them having any problems winning 5A they are as good as advertised just hope Sage Dawson’s injury isn’t serious.
ahh most would give up, they DIDNT!
Frederick Douglass was the Best team I have watched this year! Very talented team!

Congratulations Fredrick Douglass!!
Fredrick Douglas was obviously the much better team. Hopefully Boyle County can find a way to play better from here on out. If not, it will be a short playoff season.
(10-29-2022, 12:36 AM)rick2517 Wrote: [ -> ]Fredrick Douglas was obviously the much better team.  Hopefully Boyle County can find a way to play better from here on out.  If not, it will be a short playoff season.
Ahh. I didn’t give FD enough credit before, then I watched them. I don’t think you are either. But that’s just my opinion as well.
Boyle County got THUMPED pretty good! If Dawson is out for any extended period of time, the road to Kroger Field just got alot bumpier. Hope the young man is not seriously injured.
Frederick Douglass is clearly the class of their class this year and perhaps the entire state. I hope they can come through and win the title this year. It’s always good to see former 16th region greats like Nathan McPeek succeed.
I saw a FD team last night that was very well prepared. Exact opposite of last year when they thought they were just going to show up and win the ball game. The flipped the script on Boyle from last year.

They took it to BC from the opening snap and did not quit- hats off to them!

Prayers for Sage Dawson- Hope he is able to recover quickly.

On a positive note, Boyle lives to see another day and i honestly believe they will bounce back and be ready to roll in the playoffs. 4A playoffs will be insane.
I thought about it hard last night and I am going to say Frederick Douglass now needs a rematch with St X. because when they played, the current QB was not in that game. I am going to say the way Douglass is playing right now, they may very well be the best team in the state in 2022. Dang. I am still impressed. They was solid at every position and honestly looked very well coached in all phases of the game.
FD is the REAL DEAL! Boyle just got absolutely dominated up front and at every position for that matter. I don’t see FD having any problems at all winning 5A. Hopefully Dawson can return at some point, but I don’t believe we will see him back unfortunately.
(10-28-2022, 10:50 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. I didn’t expect this. Honestly i thought boyle had a good shot at winning.

Were their injures tonight? Some of the players I’ve seen boyle play before wasn’t out there?

Boyle dealing with significant injury issues but they are still going to win 4A. Douglass is just that good. I think they would compete in 6A.

(10-29-2022, 06:02 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Frederick Douglass is clearly the class of their class this year and perhaps the entire state.  I hope they can come through and win the title this year.  It’s always good to see former 16th region greats like Nathan McPeek succeed.

Which 16th Region school is McPeek from?
(10-29-2022, 02:24 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2022, 10:50 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. I didn’t expect this. Honestly i thought boyle had a good shot at winning.

Boyle dealing with significant injury issues but they are still going to win 4A. Douglass is just that good. I think they would compete in 6A.

(10-29-2022, 06:02 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Frederick Douglass is clearly the class of their class this year and perhaps the entire state.  I hope they can come through and win the title this year.  It’s always good to see former 16th region greats like Nathan McPeek succeed.

Im not sure Boyle can fix the offense in 2 weeks James, but no doubt they are the team to beat untill they are beaten. But losing a starting QB isn't a patch that you fix in 2 weeks because you just lost one of the 3 parts of the 3 headed monster. But Bodner looked good honestly back there the more reps he got. 

The QB position is the 1 position on the field that just isn't a plug and play.......other positions yes, but not the Qb.
(10-29-2022, 09:27 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I thought about it hard last night and I am going to say Frederick Douglass now needs a rematch with St X. because when they played, the current QB was not in that game. I am going to say the way Douglass is playing right now, they may very well be the best team in the state in 2022.  Dang. I am still impressed. They was solid at every position and honestly looked very well coached in all phases of the game.

I was thinking the same thing.  I very well think Douglass may be the state's best team.
I don't think it's known for sure that Sage Dawson it out is it? If it is, I haven't noticed anything posted online about it.

If he is out, Boyle has other options and two practice games to polish it up.

The Rebels will be fine, especially at home.
[/quote]

He played his HS ball at Russell and Coached at Fairview.
(10-29-2022, 09:27 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I thought about it hard last night and I am going to say Frederick Douglass now needs a rematch with St X. because when they played, the current QB was not in that game. I am going to say the way Douglass is playing right now, they may very well be the best team in the state in 2022.  Dang. I am still impressed. They was solid at every position and honestly looked very well coached in all phases of the game.
Yea he played in that game he transferred from Madison Southern, he just didn't start. Most Douglas fans I have talked to still think the QB that started against STX is better. Douglas has always been very well coached, not sure why people think they haven't. STX has about 8 Linemen that they rotate just as big and athletic as Douglas and Douglas can't push them around like other teams. STX in my opinion is the best team in the state by about 3 TD's.
But... St X won by just 5 over Trinity , who lost at home to Ballard, who lost to Scott County, who got reamed by Douglass 41-0.

I think Fred Doug could play with X . But what the hell do I know? I drive a Mercury and haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express for years. :)
(10-31-2022, 12:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]But... St X  won by  just 5 over Trinity , who lost at home  to Ballard, who lost to Scott County, who got reamed by Douglass 41-0.

I think Fred Doug could play with X . But what the hell do I know?  I drive a Mercury and haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express for years.  Smile

Probably a 200 Mercury on a 21 Foot Triton   Smile .....With Red Flags on both sides......