Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel Forfeits Game to South Laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From their game September 22nd in which North Laurel had won 43-0, has now been changed to a 1-0 win by South Laurel. KHSAA website says "Forfeit (Self Reported Ineligible, original score 43-0 North Laurel). 

This now makes South Laurel, North Laurel, and Whitley County all 1-3 in district and RPI will decide which team misses the playoffs. Very interesting!!
What in the wide wide world of sports?   Woah
I'm sure they only cheated like low down dirty dogs for one game only. lol
Played a kid ineligible for grades or attendance?
Where's the rest of the story? is it a top secret? Smile
It's already shows the 1-0 S. Laurel win on the KHSAA web site. North Laurel is locked in the 3rd seed I believe. The question for the 4th seed will now come down to S. Laurel's game with Grant Co. (very winnable) and Whitley Co. plays Danville. I would say the advantage for the 4th seed goes to Whitley Co. since they are already up .06441 in the RPI I'm not sure even if S. Laurel wins and Whitley Co. loses they can makeup that much ground.
(10-27-2022, 10:43 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]What in the wide wide world of sports?   Woah

Larkeyville...  

Not surprised at all.
^ North play a transfer from south Laurel 2 weeks after transferring. Lol!!
(10-27-2022, 11:09 AM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]^ North play a transfer from south Laurel 2 weeks after transferring.  Lol!!

KHSAA needs to do something about you cheaters. lol
Remember, forfeits are factored into the RPI jusst like regular wins and losses.

Corbin gains 106 RPI points ( 0.00106 ) on Boyle County and 40 (0.00040) on Lex Cath . As close as the final result is gonna be it could matter.

Thanks, Coach Larkey !!!
(10-27-2022, 11:28 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Remember, forfeits are factored into the RPI jusst like regular wins and losses.

Corbin gains  106  RPI points ( 0.00106 )  on Boyle County  and  40 (0.00040)    on Lex Cath .  As close as the final result is gonna be it could matter.

Thanks, Coach Larkey !!!
I’m brain dead this morning. Exactly why would their forfeit matter to us? OOWP? 

man I forgot they are a 5 team district
(10-27-2022, 11:38 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2022, 11:28 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Remember, forfeits are factored into the RPI jusst like regular wins and losses.

Corbin gains  106  RPI points ( 0.00106 )  on Boyle County  and  40 (0.00040)    on Lex Cath .  As close as the final result is gonna be it could matter.

Thanks, Coach Larkey !!!
I’m brain dead this morning. Exactly why would their forfeit matter to us? OOWP? 

man I forgot they are a 5 team district

Yes,  the OOWP was affected.
https://www.13thregionmedianetwork.com/?p=4698&fbclid=IwAR3_eKqCFFw7JAg60SOTE5jfRpWcK03j_c3VZI0yokf1hGB8HOOKNkPA44Y

Here is the article.

North Laurel’s 43-0 victory over crosstown rival South Laurel on Sept. 22 is no more.

The Jaguars had to forfeit the matchup after North Laurel High School self-reported the use of an ineligible player leading to the forfeit.

The player that was self-reported entered the game in the fourth quarter and played six plays after North Laurel built a 43-0 lead.

So what does the loss do?

Now North Laurel (5-4), Whitley County (2-7), and South Laurel (1-8) each have identical 1-3 records against district opponents with only two playoff spots available.

The Jaguars had locked up the No. 3 seed before the game was forfeited, so now the RPI will determine who will advance to the Class 5A playoffs.

Currently, North Laurel’s RPI is .54472 while Whitley County’s is .44236, and South Laurel possesses a .37795 RPI with one week to play.

The forfeit also snaps the Cardinals’ losing streak of eight games.
Did Coaches or Administration know he was ineligible?
Why was the kid ineligible? They were up 43-0 and the kid played 6 snaps? Something seems off
Like I said one day they’re playing for a state championship, the next day they’re crying, red @ssed, and pointing fingers….
Just jogging through really quick. Wouldnt thenforfeit hurt our RPI more than boyles and Lex caths? They are part of our OOWP because of Pulaski. I can’t find anything connecting boyle or Lex cath to NL outside if maybe one team. But I did go through it really quick

Thanks, Coach Larkey !!!

Pretty certain that Jason Chappell is the coach at North Laurel, I don’t think Coach Larkey had anything to do with playing an ineligible player
His reach extends our visibility. Haha
(10-27-2022, 01:28 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Just jogging through really quick. Wouldnt thenforfeit hurt our RPI more than boyles and Lex caths? They are part of our OOWP because of Pulaski. I can’t find anything connecting boyle or Lex cath to NL outside if maybe one team. But I did go through it really quick
I don’t really think it will affect Corbin because Pulaski and Whitley play both North and South so while North gets a loss South gets a Win, given that all of these teams are 5A the value for that win is just 1. This is to the best of my understanding.
(10-27-2022, 01:45 PM)Summer boys Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2022, 01:28 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Just jogging through really quick. Wouldnt thenforfeit hurt our RPI more than boyles and Lex caths? They are part of our OOWP because of Pulaski. I can’t find anything connecting boyle or Lex cath to NL outside if maybe one team. But I did go through it really quick
I don’t really think it will affect Corbin because Pulaski and Whitley play both North and South so while North gets a loss South gets a Win, given that all of these teams are 5A the value for that win is just 1. This is to the best of my understanding.

This forfeit helped Corbin tremendously as every point will is needed. It could be the difference between 1st and 2cd place......
Corbin's RPI went up slightly after the forfeit was registered while Boyle's and Catholic's went down slightly.

I haven't had time to go through it yet or to do the math.

(10-27-2022, 01:36 PM)Fan of many Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks, Coach Larkey !!!

Pretty certain that Jason Chappell is the coach at North Laurel, I don’t think Coach Larkey had anything to do with playing an ineligible player

You're right. What in the hell was I thinking ?  Lark moved back to Rock, where he's doing a sterling job.  I am apt to blame the former NL coach if my toast burns.
An ineligible player like that is on the AD. Who is the AD at North?
I’m still wondering if the coach or AD knew he was ineligible
(10-27-2022, 12:27 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.13thregionmedianetwork.com/?p=4698&fbclid=IwAR3_eKqCFFw7JAg60SOTE5jfRpWcK03j_c3VZI0yokf1hGB8HOOKNkPA44Y

Here is the article.

North Laurel’s 43-0 victory over crosstown rival South Laurel on Sept. 22 is no more.

The Jaguars had to forfeit the matchup after North Laurel High School self-reported the use of an ineligible player leading to the forfeit.

The player that was self-reported entered the game in the fourth quarter and played six plays after North Laurel built a 43-0 lead.

So what does the loss do?

Now North Laurel (5-4), Whitley County (2-7), and South Laurel (1-8) each have identical 1-3 records against district opponents with only two playoff spots available.

The Jaguars had locked up the No. 3 seed before the game was forfeited, so now the RPI will determine who will advance to the Class 5A playoffs.

Currently, North Laurel’s RPI is .54472 while Whitley County’s is .44236, and South Laurel possesses a .37795 RPI with one week to play.

The forfeit also snaps the Cardinals’ losing streak of eight games.
I want to hear the rest of the story Smile
(10-27-2022, 01:21 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said one day they’re playing for a state championship, the next day they’re crying, red @ssed, and pointing fingers….
sneaky snakes. lol
Well the rest of the story won’t ever be told.
(10-27-2022, 01:37 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]His reach extends our visibility. Haha

LOL
Did they just now find out he was ineligible and decide to self report? Smile
(10-27-2022, 09:43 PM)Fan of many Wrote: [ -> ]Well the rest of the story won’t ever be told.

Paul Harvey's dead just when we need him.
Pages: 1 2