Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Padding stats!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hear there is a group reporting to KHSAA on a couple teams for padding stats, wonder if there is anything that can be done? I mean it’s not like it really affects anything unless it threatens a record or something, a few schools are really bad for it, for example, their RB rushes for 60-70 more yards then they actually get, or their QB goes 19-21 passing in a game he had multiple incomplete passes, or even defense stats, reporting more tackles for a certain kid..   I think without naming schools, or kids, you get the idea.
This was brought up earlier in the year by Granny Bear as another school here in the mountains was possibly doing the same thing....When you teach a lie especially to a kid by doing something like this, then what will that kid do when they are older and in a similar situation.....I call it manipulation or just flat out lying... It happens more than some want to know or admit......
KHSAA stats are not reliable in some instances. They had Paintsville #1 in rushing and passing defense. Turned out Paintsville had only reported rushing and passing yards given up one or two times. Plus anytime you have self-reporting a few will cheat. That’s just a fact of life.
I have a friend who is a partner in a very prestigious law firm in Birmingham. He said it best: “we all have “facts”. My job is to convince 12 people that my facts are better than the other guy’s!”

Teams do this all the time. Honestly, I think some do it, ignorantly. They just hand the stat book to Ole Bub, JR’s dad, and he rounds up and ciphers to the best of his ability. But he was willing to do it to be seen on the sideline on Friday night and feel “important”. Head Coach didn’t have time to correct or check them because he had to teach five classes; do his own bus requests; find a helmet that fits JR’s brother, because he forgot his at home. Plus, all his assistants didn’t have time. They were lucky to make practice after getting off work.

I’m cracking myself up here…..
Yea. I just don’t understand it. We okayed a team a couple weeks ago and you can watch the game, clearly multiple incomplete passes and they had him for 2, and when speaking to other teams parents and watching some other games it had happened multiple time with this team and kid, sad part is the kid has to know it also and it makes him think it’s ok. Something needs to be done in my opinion, the proof is right there on film lol
(10-23-2022, 04:46 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]Yea. I just don’t understand it.  We okayed a team a couple weeks ago and you can watch the game, clearly multiple incomplete passes and they had him for 2, and when speaking to other teams parents and watching some other games it had happened multiple time with this team and kid, sad part is the kid has to know it also and it makes him think it’s ok.  Something needs to be done in my opinion, the proof is right there on film lol
It's hard to stand out in the yard and complete 19 out of 21. Seriously, just send film to KHSAA and they will be caught.
Bub was prolly putting in a chew of baccer when that happened, and besides ; “them passes hit them boys right in the hands. It ain’t our Qb’s fault they didn’t catch them!!!”
There is a school I started questioning 4 years ago because of big numbers on their stats, but wasn’t winning. They have found some success now but are still reporting embellished numbers. Their total offense will be approximately 100 to 125 yards more than what was actually gained per game. It infuriates me for the kids who get their stats honestly. And no, I don’t have a kid that plays except for her powder puff games ?.

I do keep stats and have for a number of years. If what I wrote down is off by 1 yard when the ball is spotted, I will erase it and correct it. I just don’t believe there is any excuse with all the technology and excellent cameras we have today for this to be happening. I am old fashioned though myself and still use a pencil and a self made stat sheet. I walk up and down the sidelines so I can see exactly where the ball is spotted on each play. From there it is simple addition or subtraction.
Some of the tackles stats are the most laughable things I’ve ever seen lol
(10-23-2022, 04:50 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 04:46 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]Yea. I just don’t understand it.  We okayed a team a couple weeks ago and you can watch the game, clearly multiple incomplete passes and they had him for 2, and when speaking to other teams parents and watching some other games it had happened multiple time with this team and kid, sad part is the kid has to know it also and it makes him think it’s ok.  Something needs to be done in my opinion, the proof is right there on film lol
It's hard to stand out in the yard and complete 19 out of 21. Seriously, just send film to KHSAA and they will be caught.
Threw 2 interceptions lol or those 2 probably wouldn’t have been considered incomplete.  They know who they are
Happens in baseball and softball to.
I don’t know how 1 team can have 4 players in the top 12 of tackles when they beating their opponents so bad.
(10-23-2022, 05:41 PM)Nygfan106wins Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know how 1 team can have 4 players in the top 12 of tackles when they beating their opponents so bad.
If a daddy does stats or a coach wants extra attention brought to his program, they find ways to make those stats look better.   There is 2 teams really bad for it, ones in pike county, the other down 80 between Hayden and London. ?

(10-23-2022, 05:56 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 05:41 PM)Nygfan106wins Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know how 1 team can have 4 players in the top 12 of tackles when they beating their opponents so bad.
If a daddy does stats or a coach wants extra attention brought to his program, they find ways to make those stats look better.   There is 2 teams really bad for it, ones in pike county, the other down 15 between Hayden and London. ?
Some of them are just crazy
I wonder why Clay County played the starters after halftime when they had the running clock? The game was way out of hand and I wasn't aware that Clay County played the starters the whole second half after a first half running clock?
I can’t remember who was with me, but we put some thumbnails up a season or two ago that had some major irregularities. Mostly like people were saying, it was rushing yardage and tackles. No I get it’s HS. You might be off by one or two. But Corbin ran for example 40 plays. And the other teams total tackles were like 60 haha. Now that’s not including a non-solo tackle. That’s the total for the entire game. So how can you have more tackles than plays.

To be honest I don’t even remember what team it was. But people had suspected them for the entire season of doing it. And the proof was there. I think the KHSAA eventually looked into it, but I don’t know the out come. But their rushing yardage was the same thing. I remember it being one of those games where you pretty much just smash the other team. But yet somehow their RB finished with 120 yards when our defensive stats showed they didn’t get 100 team yards. Hahah.

But….. I’m pretty sure there might have been some “calculation” problems with one of our players last year. So I can’t say too much about other teams doing it. But like Bull or someone else said, you’re teaching kids to lie,
Cheat, or knowingly mislead folks. I’m thankful all of my coaches had integrity! Sports can mold peoples mind and morales. And not all the time, but if you see a kid acting a fool during the game, just look up because his parents are doing it too.
Ok. So someone brought this to my attention. And I just looked closely at the game they had with us. But… someone explain to me if I’m just being a nine head missing something obvious or someone’s “math” is way off.

Corbin ran exactly 50 plays.
Opponent “recorded” 106 tackles.
36 tackles were solo.
So that leaves 14 plays to account for 70 tackles. Which avg’s 5 players per tackle,
Per those 14 plays??

Hahah. Corbin’s rushing attack is pretty good. But so is our blocking. Are they counting assists as tackles our RBs broke? Or he caused or ball carrier to change directions and it slowed him down? Hahah. I mean when I seen this post, I was thinking “okay they maybe adding a few completions, or tackles, etc”. But this is almost ridiculous!
Guys, I find your posts very interesting and I hated to delete them, but you cannot name a student athlete. Please consider making your posts again without including the name. Smile

Now, I had a complaint wayyyyy back when I was coaching basketball. I made that complaint known to the KHSAA and had proof to accompany my letter. I then had a letter from the KHSAA stating that while they conceded the action happened, they were NOT an enforcing entity. The letter stated that they merely enforced the rules and regulations made my coaches BUT if one was broken, they were not a legislating entity and could not enforce the rules.

I kept that letter for many many years; actually thought I still had it, but I can't find it anywhere. I carried it with me on many trips to ballgames hoping to throw it in someone's face if a complaint was ever lodged against me. I never got the opportunity to do that.
(10-24-2022, 10:08 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I find your posts very interesting and I hated to delete them, but you cannot name a student athlete.  Please consider making your posts again without including the name.  Smile

Now, I had a complaint wayyyyy back when I was coaching basketball.  I made that complaint known to the KHSAA and had proof to accompany my letter.  I then had a letter from the KHSAA stating that while they conceded the action happened, they were NOT an enforcing entity.  The letter stated that they merely enforced the rules and regulations made my coaches BUT if one was broken, they were not a legislating entity and could not enforce the rules.

I kept that letter for many many years; actually thought I still had it, but I can't find it anywhere.  I carried it with me on many trips to ballgames hoping to throw it in someone's face if a complaint was ever lodged against me.  I never got the opportunity to do that.
Wow that’s crazy. The letter, not the player names. That’s why people do it. They know nothing is gonna happen.
that kid that plays for that yeller and black team don't pad stats! I've only really heard of one school doing it around these parts. But then I'm a grown man and don't get upset when a kid gets a little attention so i just brush it off. I'll take the result of the game at the end of the day, you can't fake that. Interesting post though.
(10-24-2022, 08:50 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. So someone brought this to my attention. And I just looked closely at the game they had with us. But… someone explain to me if I’m just being a nine head missing something obvious or someone’s “math” is way off.

36 tackles were solo.
So that leaves 14 plays to account for 70 tackles. Which avg’s 5 players per tackle,
Per those 14 plays??

Hahah. Corbin’s rushing attack is pretty good. But so is our blocking. Are they counting assists as tackles our RBs broke? Or he caused or ball carrier to change directions and it slowed him down? Hahah. I mean when I seen this post, I was thinking “okay they maybe adding a few completions, or tackles, etc”. But this is almost ridiculous!
I know the team being referenced here, and they do this every game. There have been time where there have been the same amount of solo tackles as total plays ran by the other team. I believe this team is Pulaski County.
(10-23-2022, 04:52 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Bub was prolly putting in a chew of baccer when that happened, and besides ; “them passes hit them boys right in the hands.  It ain’t our Qb’s fault they didn’t catch them!!!”
Now that is FUNNY!   Big Grin
Happens in every sport. In the past couple of years King Kelly Coleman had one of his records broken due to this. That’s when it hurts sports the worst. When it affects a record that’s stood for so many years.
It's because dad is doing the stats in most cases...
(10-24-2022, 12:31 PM)Footballfan1995 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 08:50 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. So someone brought this to my attention. And I just looked closely at the game they had with us. But… someone explain to me if I’m just being a nine head missing something obvious or someone’s “math” is way off.

36 tackles were solo.
Per those 14 plays??

I know the team being referenced here, and they do this every game. There have been time where there have been the same amount of solo tackles as total plays ran by the other team. I believe this team is Pulaski County.
Close to the same colors, wrong name