Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard @ Shelby Valley 10/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hazard will travel to Shelby Valley this Friday. 

Hazard (6-3)
Aug 19, 22 Middlesboro home (W) 42 - 24 
Aug 26, 22 Harlan County away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 2, 22 Breathitt County away (L) 27 - 29 
Sep 9, 22 Letcher County Central home (W) 52 - 50 
Sep 23, 22 Ashland Blazer home (W) 14 - 7 
Sep 30, 22 Somerset away (W) 30 - 13 
Oct 7, 22 Bardstown (L) 0 - 27 
Oct 14, 22 Sayre home (W) 25 - 21 
Oct 21, 22 Pikeville away (L) 7 - 52

Shelby Valley (7-2)
Aug 19, 22 Letcher County Central away (L) 48 - 52 
Aug 27, 22 Pike County Central at Pikeville (W) 59 - 7  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 2, 22 Floyd Central home (W) 36 - 0 
Sep 9, 22 North Laurel away (L) 12 - 27 
Sep 23, 22 West Carter home (W) 54 - 21 
Sep 30, 22 Prestonsburg away (W) 68 - 21 
Oct 6, 22 Martin County home (W) 47 - 34 
Oct 14, 22 East Ridge away (W) 62 - 20 
Oct 21, 22 Bath County away (W) 62 - 6

Thoughts
I am taking Hazard in this one
SV is famous for padding their stats vs bad teams and crapping the bed when they play somebody good. Hazard drilled them last year but maybe being at SV might help. SV terrible at defense but Hazard struggling. Hard game to call but if Hazard loses they are dead in the water.
SV had a coach a few years back who padded the stats big time. You could cross reference with what their opponents reported and they always INFLATED their rushing stats by 75-150 yards per game.

Stats are for “me guys”!
I'm gonna go with Valley in a shootout.

Hazard 44
Shelby Valley 48
Going with Valley in this one. VALLEY BOYS-34
                                          UPSTARTS     -28
I’ll take Valley by two scores.

SV- 35
Pups- 21
How healthy is Shelby Valley? Im not sure on Hazard, but I believe they are banged up some.
I just remembered lol I listened to some of this game last year. SV had a crazy # of penalties, I’m thinking like 30 and I’m not exaggerating. So there may be some payback in store. BTW I really like the guys on WSGS in Hazard that call games. Especially Shawn. Very knowledgeable and low key and never get excited. If you can connect to 101.1 or get them online I recommend listening this Friday. They may finally get riled up if Hazard is getting jobbed.

I’m too old school to pick SV against any decent team but Hazard is on upset alert.

Hazard 82
SV 79

Over/under
Penalties 38
Personal fouls 13
Unsportsmanlike conducts 9
Ejections 3
Fights 6.5
I predict this will be high scoring and I'm going with Shelby Valley
Stats bring up a lot of questions.
Hazard bounces back and gets the W by 14
(10-23-2022, 07:44 PM)Hambley Wrote: [ -> ]Stats bring up a lot of questions.
Yes and most against very bad teams. Been like this for several years.
?
Shelby Valley wins, 42-28.
38-30 Shelby Valley
Any video link to this one?
Mountain Top will carry this game.
(10-26-2022, 08:35 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: [ -> ]Mountain Top will carry this game.

Thanks..
What’s the latest on the Smith kid from Hazard? I sure hope he’s going to be able to finish his season. Hate to see any kids hurt especially Seniors.
(10-27-2022, 11:23 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]What’s the latest on the Smith kid from Hazard? I sure hope he’s going to be able to finish his season. Hate to see any kids hurt especially Seniors.

Bleacher rumor is he is out this game.
Interesting matchup.  Both teams have similar records, although Hazard has played the tougher schedule.  Since starting district play, Valley has had several blowouts, the exception being a competitive win over Martin Co.  So they probably needed this game more than the Bulldogs.

There is only one common opponent on their schedules.  Valley lost on the road to Letcher by 4, in a game SV led big in the first half.  Hazard beat the Cougars at home by 2.  Both games were absolute shootouts.

I would say that at least on paper, it looks like a pretty even matchup, especially with it being at Robinson Creek.  This is probably the best team Valley has had since 2018, so if there is going to be a year to beat Hazard, this is it.

I'll say Valley wins in a high-scoring game, 41-35.
I’m taking Valley in a shootout just for RPI help lol.
Game Day!
Takeing Valley in this one

This is more of a huge game for Hazard as far as RPI is concerned. Hazard has more to lose than SV does in this game
On paper both tems look equal. Now for Hazard rushing wise can Johnson provide the punch and can SV keep him contained. What is the status on the injuries for Hazard from last week game ? Can Pelfery provide the air power to his recivers.
Fov Valley can Hazard contain the Newsome kid rushing the ball and is Russ on his game throwing it.
We will see tonight
Taking Valley in this one in what i think will be a pretty good ball game
Go Valley
Think Hazard wins by keeping the ball on the ground and keeping Valleys offense off the field but turnovers could be the key to the game. I just don’t see valley stopping Hazard’s running game but if they can then Valley could come out with the W
If Hazard wins this game very good possibility they go back to #1 rpi and would force Pikeville/Raceland to play round 3 which would be great for Hazard because that would mean they would avoid Pikeville or Raceland until Lexington and one of them 2 would be eliminated without ever having to play them. Big for SV too. They want to move up to avoid going to Beechwood round 3.
I don’t think Hazard passes Pikeville with a win a win. We will find out tonight though.
Beechwood is Class A? Beechwood is 2A I’m pretty sure. Beechwood could challenge Pikeville for the Ring. Hope they still 2A.
Pages: 1 2