Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic @ Scott County 10/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lexington Catholic will travel to Scott County this Friday. 

Lexington Catholic (8-1)
Aug 19, 22 Ryle home (W) 27 - 21 
Aug 26, 22 Henry Clay home (W) 48 - 6 
Sep 2, 22 Covington Catholic home (L) 6 - 7 
Sep 9, 22 Pleasure Ridge Park home (W) 42 - 19 
Sep 16, 22 Lexington Christian home (W) 42 - 6 
Sep 23, 22 Tates Creek away (W) 41 - 0 
Oct 7, 22 Boyle County home (W) 28 - 27 
Oct 14, 22 Bourbon County home (W) 49 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Anderson County away (W) 63 - 8

Scott County (8-1)
Aug 19, 22 Franklin County at Great Crossing (Birds Nest Stadium) (W) 20 - 17  BGO Battle of Elkhorn Creek 
Aug 26, 22 Lafayette home (W) 43 - 6 
Sep 9, 22 Bryan Station home (W) 21 - 20 
Sep 16, 22 Paul Laurence Dunbar away (W) 48 - 27 
Sep 23, 22 Frederick Douglass home (L) 0 - 41 
Sep 30, 22 Great Crossing home (W) 43 - 0 
Oct 6, 22 Grant County away (W) 55 - 0 
Oct 14, 22 Montgomery County away (W) 56 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Ballard home (W) 22 - 13

Thoughts?
I’ll take Scott County for the win I believe they’ll be too physical for Catholic.
I see Lexington Catholic in a air raid.....

Lexington Catholic 35
Scott County 28
(10-23-2022, 09:47 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I see Lexington Catholic in a air raid.....

Lexington Catholic 35
Scott County 28

Catholic wont have enough time of possession to score 35 points.  McKee will stall ball all game to keep Catholic offense off the field.
(10-23-2022, 10:05 AM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 09:47 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I see Lexington Catholic in a air raid.....

Lexington Catholic 35
Scott County 28

Catholic wont have enough time of possession to score 35 points.  McKee will stall ball all game to keep Catholic offense off the field.

Smile They scored 28 on a good Boyle County team. Scott County ain’t Boyle County….
(10-23-2022, 10:32 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Lexington Catholic 35
Scott County 28

Smile They scored 28 on a good Boyle County team. Scott County ain’t Boyle County….
I think Scott Co defense is the best part of there team they have a D1 type player at all three levels on Defense and don't let the Douglas game fool you. Douglas is just that good and Scott's offense only got one first down the whole game they have only been scored on once in the last 4 games. Heard Catholic RB is out for the year, but not for sure on that should be a great game.

(10-23-2022, 11:02 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]

Lexington Catholic 35
Scott County 28

I think Scott Co defense is the best part of there team they have a D1 type player at all three levels on Defense and don't let the Douglas game fool you. Douglas is just that good and Scott's offense only got one first down the whole game they have only been scored on once in the last 4 games. Heard Catholic RB is out for the year, but not for sure on that should be a great game.
The main thing to me is that both teams just make it out of the game with any serious injuries, both could make deep runs in the playoffs.

Lexington Catholic 35
Scott County 28

Lexington Catholic 35
Scott County 28

The main thing to me is that both teams just make it out of the game without any serious injuries, both could make deep runs in the playoffs.
Lexington Catholic didn't beat Boyle with the run and Boyle had a D1 on that line as well on defense.. I honestly thought Lexington Catholics line blocked well for the QB because in the second half, Boyle couldn't do anything about it..

But not having the running back could be a major blow to the offense and then again, they may have someone who can step right in, next man up type of thing.. But to me Lexington Catholic is a passing team, and if they still have that, they are still dangerous...

Both games should be dandys
If Walker Hall does not play, then that hinders the LC offense as he is one of the better backs in the area. Against Anderson County, Catholic had 5 4 starters out plus Hall on offense. The key to the game for Catholic will be whether Dawhare, the LB, is available to play. He was injured against Bourbon County. He is about 6'3' 215 lb and very effective stopping teh run between the tackles.

If you enjoy watching the battles in the tranches - the one to watch will be Schlarman, the OC for Catholic, versus Keller the NG for Scout County. Last season, Keller got the better of Schlarman who was a sophomore at the time.

Catholic has the better QB and kicker - Catholic 20 - Scott County 17.

Catholic 24 - Scott County 21. .
I hope that I am wrong but I think that Scott County will dominate the time of possession and win by a couple of touchdowns.
(10-23-2022, 12:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Lexington Catholic didn't beat Boyle with the run and Boyle had a D1 on that line as well on defense.. I honestly thought Lexington Catholics line blocked well for the QB because in the second half, Boyle couldn't do anything about it..

But not having the running back could be a major blow to the offense and then again, they may have someone who can step right in, next man up type of thing.. But to me Lexington Catholic is a passing team, and if they still have that, they are still dangerous...

Yes agree, Lex Cath puts so much stress on a Defense with there Offense very good spacing.
(10-23-2022, 01:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]I hope that I am wrong but I think that Scott County will dominate the time of possession and win by a couple of touchdowns.

I hope you're not wrong.
(10-23-2022, 12:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Lexington Catholic didn't beat Boyle with the run and Boyle had a D1 on that line as well on defense.. I honestly thought Lexington Catholics line blocked well for the QB because in the second half, Boyle couldn't do anything about it..

Boyle only rushed 3 in the LC game and Tommy was double teamed all night long I don’t think McKee will use the 3 man front approach I think he’ll pressure the h?ll out of Catholic’s QB.

(10-23-2022, 01:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]I hope that I am wrong but I think that Scott County will dominate the time of possession and win by a couple of touchdowns.

I agree.

I’ve read elsewhere that Catholic has possibly lost their starting RB for the season if so that’s going to hurt them big time.
(10-23-2022, 03:49 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 12:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Lexington Catholic didn't beat Boyle with the run and Boyle had a D1 on that line as well on defense.. I honestly thought Lexington Catholics line blocked well for the QB because in the second half, Boyle couldn't do anything about it..

Boyle only rushed 3 in the LC game and Tommy was double teamed all night long I don’t think McKee will use the 3 man front approach I think he’ll pressure the h?ll out of Catholic’s QB.

(10-23-2022, 01:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]I hope that I am wrong but I think that Scott County will dominate the time of possession and win by a couple of touchdowns.

I agree.

I’ve read elsewhere that Catholic has possibly lost their starting RB for the season if so that’s going to hurt them big time.

I agree with you Jack and what I don't understand is why Boyle didn't do that? Second, Lexington Catholic looked good on offense once they established the passing game and honestly I see them doing this the rest of the year.. I do agree that they will go after the QB but a smart coach will also throw where the blitz is coming from because no one is there....Catholic might be better than expected in this game because Frederick Douglass exposed Scott County as well through the air...So either Frederick Douglass is better than advertised or Lexington Catholic is......The spread that Catholic ran is about as good as I have seen.. I would love to see Corbin run the same type of spread with Kade Elam throwing all over the field, because when you get to see him in person, you will see why I like the kid so much, he is one to keep a eye on...

But I don't see Scott County being as good as Boyle and for Franklin County to play with them early when Franklin was healthy....I just don't see them winning this game, but it is at Scott County and being at home might be the trick...
(10-23-2022, 04:48 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree.

I agree with you Jack and what I don't understand is why Boyle didn't do that? Second, Lexington Catholic looked good on offense once they established the passing game and honestly I see them doing this the rest of the year.. I do agree that they will go after the QB but a smart coach will also throw where the blitz is coming from because no one is there....Catholic might be better than expected in this game because Frederick Douglass exposed Scott County as well through the air...So either Frederick Douglass is better than advertised or Lexington Catholic is......The spread that Catholic ran is about as good as I have seen.. I would love to see Corbin run the same type of spread with Kade Elam throwing all over the field, because when you get to see him in person, you will see why I like the kid so much, he is one to keep a eye on...

But I don't see Scott County being as good as Boyle and for Franklin County to play with them early when Franklin was healthy....I just don't see them winning this game, but it is at Scott County and being at home might be the trick...
I agree with most of what you think, I see Lex.Cath winning  in a close game, but I no that Scott plays/starts a lot of Sophomore's so am sure they have gotten much better since the Franklin/Douglas game's. It's all about match ups, hard to compare scores I think.
Catholic is gonna smoke some Cardinal hind end.
(10-23-2022, 04:48 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree.

I’ve got a feeling that Boyle made Catholic look better than what they really are but on the flip side Catholic found a way to beat Boyle time will tell but I believe Boyle’s second half play calling had more to do with the outcome of that game than Catholic did.
(10-23-2022, 06:39 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree.

I’ve got a feeling that Boyle made Catholic look better than what they really are but on the flip side Catholic found a way to beat Boyle time will tell but I believe Boyle’s second half play calling had more to do with the outcome of that game than Catholic did.
I agree, during that 28-7 run that occured during Qrs 2- 4, Boyle made Catholic look really good.
(10-26-2022, 06:30 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 06:39 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree.

I agree, during that 28-7 run that occured during Qrs 2- 4, Boyle made Catholic look really good.

I maybe wrong about my previous post but time will tell and if I was wrong I’ll be the first to admit it ?
(10-22-2022, 11:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Lexington Catholic will travel to Scott County this Friday. 

Lexington Catholic (8-1)
Aug 19, 22 Ryle home (W) 27 - 21 
Aug 26, 22 Henry Clay home (W) 48 - 6 
Sep 2, 22 Covington Catholic home (L) 6 - 7 
Sep 9, 22 Pleasure Ridge Park home (W) 42 - 19 
Sep 16, 22 Lexington Christian home (W) 42 - 6 
Sep 23, 22 Tates Creek away (W) 41 - 0 
Oct 7, 22 Boyle County home (W) 28 - 27 
Oct 14, 22 Bourbon County home (W) 49 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Anderson County away (W) 63 - 8

Scott County (8-1)
Aug 19, 22 Franklin County at Great Crossing (Birds Nest Stadium) (W) 20 - 17  BGO Battle of Elkhorn Creek 
Aug 26, 22 Lafayette home (W) 43 - 6 
Sep 9, 22 Bryan Station home (W) 21 - 20 
Sep 16, 22 Paul Laurence Dunbar away (W) 48 - 27 
Sep 23, 22 Frederick Douglass home (L) 0 - 41 
Sep 30, 22 Great Crossing home (W) 43 - 0 
Oct 6, 22 Grant County away (W) 55 - 0 
Oct 14, 22 Montgomery County away (W) 56 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Ballard home (W) 22 - 13

Thoughts?
This is crazy to think about because Douglas smashed Scott County a couple weeks ago. Scott County is #2 in the 5A RPI so if they beat Lex Cath. and Boyle beats Douglas could Scott pass them? It really wouldn't matter because I do not think anyone in 5A can hang with Douglas, but I just thought that was interesting, assuming STX beats Bowling Green.
Douglass did the same thing to Scott Co last year and the LexCath / SC game was 41-40..... It's all about matchups
Game Day!