Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan @ Leslie County 10/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Harlan will travel to Leslie County this Friday. 

Harlan (7-2)
Aug 19, 22 Berea home (W) 28 - 22  First Priority Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 East Ridge at Belfry (W) 22 - 16  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 2, 22 Unaka (Elizabethton), TN away (W) 36 - 0 
Sep 16, 22 Middlesboro away (L) 20 - 21 
Sep 23, 22 Sayre home (W) 50 - 42 
Sep 30, 22 Phelps away (W) 50 - 0 
Oct 7, 22 Williamsburg away (L) 16 - 26 
Oct 14, 22 Lynn Camp home (W) 54 - 8 
Oct 21, 22 Pineville home (W) 42 - 20 

Leslie County (4-5)
Aug 19, 22 Martin County away (L) 19 - 41 
Aug 26, 22 Clay County away (L) 32 - 42 
Sep 2, 22 Williamsburg away (L) 30 - 32 
Sep 9, 22 Floyd Central away (W) 20 - 14 
Sep 23, 22 Fairview home (W) 52 - 12 
Sep 30, 22 Morgan County home (W) 37 - 0 
Oct 7, 22 Middlesboro away (L) 21 - 47 
Oct 14, 22 Knott County Central away (W) 43 - 7 
Oct 21, 22 Breathitt County home (L) 20 - 40

Thoughts?
Will be a good game. I think Leslie may pull the upset off. 38-30
If Leslie is going to pull one off this needs to be it! Leslie 28 Harlan 20
I think the Eagles pull it off in a nail biter. 

Eagles- 35
Dragons- 34
It's possible, but you should note that Harlan lost by one AT Middlesboro and could have won with a two-point conversion at the end.
Talking about athletes earlier in the Middlesboro thread. Harlan's WIll Austin (No. 2) is exceptional.
??
(10-23-2022, 09:55 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]Will be a good game.  I think Leslie may pull the upset off.  38-30
I would hardly consider it an upset. I would think Leslie would be the favorite at home.

(10-23-2022, 09:55 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]Will be a good game.  I think Leslie may pull the upset off.  38-30
I would hardly consider it an upset of Leslie won. I would think at home they would be favored.
[/quote]
I would hardly consider it an upset. I would think Leslie would be the favorite at home.

Harlan is a 15-point favorite, according to RPI.
DIdn't you think Leslie would beat Middlesboro also?

First, I would hardly consider RPI a way to make someone a favorite, it’s not very accurate. And what does Mboro have to do with it. Lol. But if you think Harlan is a 15 points better than Leslie. I’d take that bet all day everyday. Who has Harlan beat??

Harlan is a 15-point favorite, according to RPI.
DIdn't you think Leslie would beat Middlesboro also?
[/quote]
Yeah, that is probably a little high, but it is what the KHSAA uses for the playoffs, or at least they did last year if I remember correctly.
Harlan beat Sayre and Pineville and played Mboro within one point, which is my point when you compare to the Leslie score.
Harlan doesn't throw it as well at Middlesboro, so you have a shot if you can stop the run.
This want be no upset game………Leslie County is supposed to win this one 2A vs 1A

Leslie County 42
Harlan 34
Harlan Ind has the lowest male enrollment of any football playing school in KY. They have less than 2 dozen players. Leslie is definitely the favorite and should overwhelm little ole Harlan, especially at their brand new stomping grounds. I would think comfortably..... I thought the same about Harlan vs East Ridge
LC needs to win this one and get a little confidence back. 2 out of the last 3 weeks have been disappointing losses for the Eagles. 

I hope Coach Melton can keep them focused and they come ready to play this week.  Go Eagles!