Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fredrick Douglas @ Boyle County 10/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and predictions
Boyle at home is a hard place to win and I think this can be the best game of the final week of the regular season. Big playmakers all over the field in this one...
This one is going to be a good one. Predictions is coming soon. Lol!!
30 seconds later.

Boyle County 42
Frederick Douglass 35
I'm going with a lower score

Boyle 28
Frederick Douglass 27
I probably shouldn’t touch this one….. but there’s a lot of stuff I shouldn’t do. I don’t dislike Boyle like I don other teams. I guess it’s the people I know from there, on here, and win or lose they have class. We’ve both won a game and lost a game and each team left it on the field. With that said, I can’t lie and say I’m rooting for BC in this one. #1
RPI is on the line, home field, and the easiest path for a title.

Past results are tricky in this one. FD hasn’t played anyone with the exception of Scott
County. Which I’m still not entirely sold on. Either they’ve improved tremendously, or they’ve had some fluke games, or something. They barely escaped Franklin co and Bryan station. And that led me to believe they were all 3 pretty even. Got killed by FD, but then beat a Ballard team who has knocked out some great teams. Honestly they are hard to read. But regardless FD smoked them.

Boyle has played a played a pretty decent schedule too. Knocking out BG who has a good team. And Henderson. I think boyle has played the harder schedule and is better prepared for a game like this. But it’s hard to gauge just how good FD is. While boyle is better prepared in this game, does FD have the talent to make that a non factor? Boyle also shows up for big games, while FD has a tendency to choke. Honestly I can see this going either way. If FD has the talent that everyone says they do, then they should win by a couple scores. But if people are basing them off of their schedule and possibly a little overrated, I believe boyle will come out on top. They did it last year when FD had a D1 wide out and the supporting cast. Has anyone seen FD in person?
1) Can Frederick Douglass slow down Quisenberry. Doubtful, no one has all season and I doubt FD will on Friday.
2) Can Frederick Douglass offense consistently move the ball against Boyle's defense. Doubtful.
3) Overall, Douglass is the more well rounded team but Boyle plays with purpose and will have the best player on the field.
4) FD is at a real disadvantage by having to play all the Fayette County schools and as a result they don't get significantly better during the season.
It is difficult to maintain any level of intensity during the regular season when your entire schedule consists of "homecoming level" competition.

Boyle 42 - FD 21

This is not one of Boyle's dominant team as in the last 4 or 5 years, but they are well coached and are more than capable of running the table (as long as Quisenberry stays healthy)

If Boyle does win another Championship, does it ring hollow knowing that your teams' 2 best players were not even enrolled at Boyle County as Freshmen ? Honest question.
As they do most every year, Freddie has as good a group of athletes as anyone in the state. But you remember when you were a little guy and your mom got mad at you and put you to bed without supper. You were so upset that you sh!t the bed. That made mom even more irate and she busted your dirty little tail again. Well, what you did as a little kid foreshadowed what you'd see decades later when you watched Frederick Douglass play a bigtime football game. That's right, little Freddie, you'll sh!t the bed again!!!

Boyle wipes the field with sh!tty little Freddie's.
Douglass 35-21
(10-22-2022, 10:14 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]1) Can Frederick Douglass slow down Quisenberry. Doubtful, no one has all season and I doubt FD will on Friday.
2) Can Frederick Douglass offense consistently move the ball against Boyle's defense. Doubtful.
3) Overall, Douglass is the more well rounded team but Boyle plays with purpose and will have the best player on the field.
4) FD is at a real disadvantage by having to play all the Fayette County schools and as a result they don't get significantly better during the season.
It is difficult to maintain any level of intensity during the regular season when your entire schedule consists of "homecoming level" competition.

Boyle 42 - FD 21

This is not one of Boyle's dominant team as in the last 4 or 5 years, but they are well coached and are more than capable of running the table (as long as Quisenberry stays healthy)

If Boyle does win another Championship, does it ring hollow knowing that your teams' 2 best players were not even enrolled at Boyle County as Freshmen ? Honest question.

Nope doesn’t bother me at all I sleep just fine at night.
The 9-0 #1 RPI ranked team in 5A the Broncos of Frederick Douglass will travel down to take on the 8-1 #2 RPI ranked in 4A Rebels of Boyle County. The Broncos will be looking to avenge their worst loss since their inaugural season. Last season Douglass came into the game the same way they are this season at 9-0 and was smacked in the mouth early and often by the Rebels where they were down 27-0 with over 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. The remaining almost 25 minutes of the game was played at 7-7 with the final score being 34-7 Boyle win.

Both teams went on to successful runs in the state playoffs with Douglass going all the way to the state championship game for the 2nd time in 3 seasons losing to a very good South Warren team 38-26. They outscored their opponents in the first 4 games of the state playoffs by a combined 177-27 score. The Rebels of Boyle County did it one better they steamrolled through the 4A playoffs in one of the most dominating runs in recent history on their way to yet another state championship they won their 5 games to the championship by a combined 234-68 total.

This is a good game for both teams to have before starting their run in the state football playoffs the next week. Douglass is as talented as they have been overall in the brief history especially on the defensive side of the ball. The Rebels are once again very strong and have a very good chance to win yet another state title. The 4A is very good at the very top with 3 or 4 very good teams. On the 5A side I think a lot of people was not to sure of the strength and depth of the teams this season but as it has went on this season I feel many now think that it is the strongest overall class of the 6 classes. I still think that St. X is the best team in the state but it is starting to show based on scores the past few weeks that the 5A teams can hold their own with anyone in the state. This is a much needed game in the case of Douglass due to the restrictions they have on their scheduling each season. I am looking forward to this one. One thing with it being the last game of the season I hope no matter the outcome both teams finish the game with no injuries and head into the playoffs at full strength. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30pm.

[/quote]

Great answer @jack Lambert! Haters will hate we hear it all as well here in Lexington when you have a good tradition and win parents who have the means and have talented kids what them in the best situation to be able to succeed. Best of luck Friday! I at least hope it is a better game than last year. lol
Let's just hope both teams finish the game with no injuries. With the playoffs up next, it's too late in the season to overcome injuries.
Boyle’s been plagued by injuries all year, I agree with you I hope both teams come out of this game injury free.

(10-23-2022, 11:10 AM)rick2517 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's just hope both teams finish the game with no injuries. With the playoffs up next, it's too late in the season to overcome injuries.
Frederick Douglass should win this game fairly easily but I doubt that they will. With every big game that FD loses, my doubts about their current coaching staff grow and I know that I am not alone. They need to win this game and win the 5A title to silence the skeptics like me.
(10-22-2022, 11:15 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2022, 10:14 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]1) Can Frederick Douglass  slow down Quisenberry. Doubtful, no one  has all season and I doubt FD will on Friday. 

Boyle 42 - FD 21

If Boyle does win another Championship, does it ring hollow knowing that your teams' 2 best players were not even enrolled at Boyle County as Freshmen ? Honest  question.

Big Grin  I bet you do Jack and I absolutely don’t blame you…
(10-22-2022, 09:28 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]30 seconds later.

Boyle County 42
Frederick Douglass 35

(10-22-2022, 09:31 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going with a lower score

Boyle 28
Frederick Douglass 27

You two need to listen to Dougie!!!

FD 42
BC 36
(10-23-2022, 12:18 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Frederick Douglass should win this game fairly easily but I doubt that they will. With every big game that FD loses, my doubts about their current coaching staff grow and I know that I am not alone. They need to win this game and win the 5A title to silence the skeptics like me.
Easily?? 

Care to share your thought process with us after making a claim like that?

I won’t say your wrong because you could very well be correct but I figured this game would go down to the wire and wouldn’t be an easy win for either team. 

just curious on your thoughts after reading your take on the game.
Should be a great game. Gonna go with Douglas by 10
The more I watch of Boyle the more I don’t see this game being close. They will be dominated up front and FD’s skill will match their skills speed. Not sure how they will score more than 7, at very tops 14.
Unfortunately for FD, they are getting BC a few weeks after a disappointing loss. That means BC isn't losing again. This will be the place to be Friday night and the Rebels are going to win.
This could be the best game on the schedule for Friday night but I am going with Boyle County at home
I agree that this is the best game on schedule for Friday!!
I think the the key to beat Boyle is you must be able to throw the ball around like Catholic did and also stack the box and make Boyle have to throw the ball, if they do that Douglas will win. Boyles depth could also be factor, numerous players and lineman going both ways. Douglas 28-21
Does anybody know if this game will be shown online and if so, where?
(10-23-2022, 06:10 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2022, 09:28 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]30 seconds later.

Boyle County 42
Frederick Douglass 35

(10-22-2022, 09:31 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going with a lower score

Boyle 28
Frederick Douglass 27

You two need to listen to Dougie!!!

FD 42
BC 36
I try to help people, and they will never listen.
When Douglass proves they won't crap the bed in big games againt bigtime opponents, I'll be a believer. In the meantime, I expect them to Bungalize the primetime moment.
OSH, I thought about it and I’m with ya. They prove themselves first and I’ll start believing. Plus I think they might be a tad overrated,
To accompany with boyle is coached very well and has played a tougher schedule. I’m
Going with boyle but a close one
Haddix's army- 28
Freddy D- 24

If this wasn't at Boyle than I'd go with FD.
One thing that may affect Douglass more than anything this makes the 2nd year in a row that due to the KHSAA hosting the girls and boys state soccer semi-finals and finals at Frederick Douglass they have to come in and practice at 6:00am today and tomorrow morning due to this.
Oh wow!! Good point Bball. I always thought anything that effects your normal routine messes with ya. Sometimes it’s a positive, but majority, nope.
Pages: 1 2