Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 52 Perry County Central 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Congratulations Black Bears!!!

Bears with 4 interceptions.
(10-21-2022, 11:26 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]Final.

3 of those hit the reciever in the chest and bounced to the defense.  Losing #10 for Perry early really hurt the commodores.  They have been bitten by the injury bug worse then any team around.  Good win for Harlan either way, Perry’s defense could not stop them!!
This is a shocking score. Perry has went all to pieces last couple of weeks
Congratulations Harlan County!!
Harlan County comes to Corbin first round, correct? Or are they still doing the play your own district in the first two rounds this year?
This one surprised me!

Congrats Black Bears!
(10-21-2022, 11:39 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]

3 of those hit the reciever in the chest and bounced to the defense.  Losing #10 for Perry early really hurt the commodores.  They have been bitten by the injury bug worse then any team around.  Good win for Harlan either way, Perry’s defense could not stop them!!
And then bounced so high, they became "jump balls"!!

(10-22-2022, 12:21 AM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a shocking score. Perry has went all to pieces last couple of weeks
I was shocked too.  We seem to have two different teams all year long.

(10-22-2022, 08:49 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]This one surprised me!

Congrats Black Bears!
Nobody knows which team will show up, but I'm glad for the Seniors for them to have good victory!

They were talking on the radio last night about some nonsense that I have NO clue about, but it appears that we will play Corbin first in the playoffs.  That don't make sense to me, but I don't make the rules!
Basketball season in Commodore land.
(10-22-2022, 09:28 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]

And then bounced so high, they became "jump balls"!!

(10-22-2022, 12:21 AM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a shocking score. Perry has went all to pieces last couple of weeks
I was shocked too.  We seem to have two different teams all year long.

(10-22-2022, 08:49 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]This one surprised me!

Congrats Black Bears!
Nobody knows which team will show up, but I'm glad for the Seniors for them to have good victory!

They were talking on the radio last night about some nonsense that I have NO clue about, but it appears that we will play Corbin first in the playoffs.  That don't make sense to me, but I don't make the rules!
If they went back to cross disricting in playoffs like they should have stayed with all along, Corbin and HC will meet in round 1. 
dist7 1 Corbin vs district 8 4 HC

3 of those hit the reciever in the chest and bounced to the defense.  Losing #10 for Perry early really hurt the commodores.  They have been bitten by the injury bug worse than any team around.  Good win for Harlan either way, Perry’s defense could not stop them!!

Perry’s defense actually gave up 0 points in the second half after halftime adjustments. Perry cut the score to 10 and the defense provided 3 stops, in a row. Offense couldn’t produce points.  Combs was a hit to Perry’s offense, for sure, but it’s just hard to win with 5 offensive turnovers and no points.
Congratulations Black Bears! I picked against you when I had a feeling you would win.
(10-22-2022, 10:13 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Black Bears! I picked against you when I had a feeling you would win.
I am glad to see Harlan County win and clinch a playoff spot. Well done!
(10-22-2022, 10:08 AM)thebigfundamental Wrote: [ -> ]

3 of those hit the reciever in the chest and bounced to the defense.  Losing #10 for Perry early really hurt the commodores.  They have been bitten by the injury bug worse than any team around.  Good win for Harlan either way, Perry’s defense could not stop them!!

Perry’s defense actually gave up 0 points in the second half after halftime adjustments. Perry cut the score to 10 and the defense provided 3 stops, in a row. Offense couldn’t produce points.  Combs was a hit to Perry’s offense, for sure, but it’s just hard to win with 5 offensive turnovers and no points.
Playing 5-6 freshman and sophomore’s die to injuries.  Hard to win 4A.  Anyone that knows anything about Perry’s team knows just how beat up they are, Gibson, combs, wooton, Gayheart, just to name 4 upper class men that are out and replaced with freshman and sophomore’s, those turnovers you mentioned where basically freshman and sophomores dropping passes that hit there hand and bounced to the defense.  Again, no one has been hit harder then Perry with injuries, not making excuses although it’s a legit excuse lol. But again nice win for Harlan, Perry will be fine next year, they return a ton of kids!!!
That’s very surprising has perry just checked out?
(10-22-2022, 10:44 AM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2022, 10:08 AM)thebigfundamental Wrote: [ -> ]

Playing 5-6 freshman and sophomore’s die to injuries.  Hard to win 4A.  Anyone that knows anything about Perry’s team knows just how beat up they are, Gibson, combs, wooton, Gayheart, just to name 4 upper class men that are out and replaced with freshman and sophomore’s, those turnovers you mentioned where basically freshman and sophomores dropping passes that hit there hand and bounced to the defense.  Again, no one has been hit harder then Perry with injuries, not making excuses although it’s a legit excuse lol. But again nice win for Harlan, Perry will be fine next year, they return a ton of kids!!!
Gibsons been out since game 3, Gayheart’s missed 2 games, and Combs went down last night.  Injuries have certainly held them back, but Perry has always made the adjustments necessary to still play with the rest.

Wooton, Cornett, and Robinson have also sat out for ejections, but at the end of the day last nights game shouldn’t have been a win or go home situation for Perry.  Letcher, Harlan Co, and Clay were all very winnable games and within reach (despite injuries), but personal fouls, turnovers, and poor decisions got the best of them, in critical situations, on both sides of the ball.

(10-22-2022, 11:21 AM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]That’s very surprising has perry just checked out?
Defense came out flat, but offense was alright. Second half defense made corrections and gave up 0 points, but the offense couldn’t convert.

I wouldn’t necessarily say they’ve checked out, but they have been beating themselves.
Harlan definitely has been a crazy team to figure out. They have looked absolutely awful in a couple of games but they also beaten 2 good teams in Perry and Knox. Beating the 2 seed in Corbins district Knox In a blowout 45-18 is crazy. It looks like top to bottom district 8 is better than district 7 through the regular season. I think it is very possible that district 8 could win 3 of the 4 first round playoff games.
When could Corbin and Boyle meet up?
(10-22-2022, 03:55 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Harlan definitely has been a crazy team to figure out. They have looked absolutely awful in a couple of games but they also beaten 2 good teams in Perry and Knox. Beating the 2 seed in Corbins district Knox In a blowout 45-18 is crazy. It looks like top to bottom district 8 is better than district 7 through the regular season. I think it is very possible that district 8 could win 3 of the 4 first round playoff games.

To my understanding Knox would be the 3 seed they lost to Corbin and Wayne.

1 Corbin 4 Harlan
2 Wayne 3 Clay
3 Knox 2 Letcher
4 Lincoln 1 Johnson
I've NEVER seen Perry County check out. I don't think they were in sync much of the night.....this is from me listening to the game; I did not go. Plus I think their QB had an off night. Everybody has an off night every now and then, I'm not talking bad about him at all.

In the second half, HC could move the ball just about anytime they wanted to UNTIL they got to the red zone. I don't know what would happen to them, but they couldn't throw it in the ocean second half.
(10-22-2022, 05:07 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I've NEVER seen Perry County check out.  I don't think they were in sync much of the night.....this is from me listening to the game; I did not go.  Plus I think their QB had an off night.  Everybody has an off night every now and then, I'm not talking bad about him at all.

In the second half, HC could move the ball just about anytime they wanted to UNTIL they got to the red zone.  I don't know what would happen to them, but they couldn't throw it in the ocean second half.
He threw 3 tds and also ran for 2. Still not a bad night.  Just didn’t have combs, Gayheart out there.  Hard to do a lot with backups.
I didn't know about his receivers. I heard that he only threw 6 interceptions the entire season, then there were 4 in this game alone.
Congrats , Black Bears , on winning a trip to Corbin in two weeks.
What is going on in Perry county?
I think injuries and player ejections Tailback. Mark knows how to win. Has his whole career. Not much you can do with 3 or 4 guys out every game. Every team they play is competitive.