Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood without Berger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can Beecwood 3peat without their stud, do everything Mitch Berger? Sounds like this kid was a star on and off the field. I say they can ( not neassarily will) but the road just got a lot tougher. I can compare it to when Mayfield lost their stud reciever and defensive back kade Neely in 2019 in the first half against Somerset, the cardinals had a lot of talent that year but losing him killed Mayfield.
(10-21-2022, 01:40 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]Can Beecwood 3peat without their stud, do everything Mitch Berger? Sounds like this kid was a star on and off the field. I say they can ( not neassarily will) but the road just got a lot tougher. I can compare it to when Mayfield lost their stud reciever and defensive back kade Neely in 2019 in the first half against Somerset, the cardinals had a lot of talent that year but losing him killed Mayfield.

The 2019 Mayfield comparison could be how it plays out, or maybe it will be like Somerset in 2019 who lost their best player halfway through the season and still went on to win it all. Beechwood has time to get their feet underneath them and find their new identity.
I’ve watched Beechwood play a few times this season and the loss of Berger will hurt a lot. He was their main weapon on offense and was a monster on defense too. Beechwood still has some quality players and aren’t out of the conversation for making a run. Antonio Robinson is a player that I could see picking up some of the load on the Beechwood offense. That kid is very dynamic and I was really surprised that he wasn’t used more offensively but with the injury of Berger Beechwood may have to now.
(10-21-2022, 01:40 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]Can Beecwood 3peat without their stud, do everything Mitch Berger? Sounds like this kid was a star on and off the field. I say they can ( not neassarily will) but the road just got a lot tougher. I can compare it to when Mayfield lost their stud reciever and defensive back kade Neely in 2019 in the first half against Somerset, the cardinals had a lot of talent that year but losing him killed Mayfield.
Agree Rookie and lossing Jax Rogers is almost the same as losing Berger ffor Beechwood.Sorry for Jax and sorry for the Berger kid would be fun to watch them battle on the field!!!
(10-21-2022, 02:21 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]

The 2019 Mayfield comparison could be how it plays out, or maybe it will be like Somerset in 2019 who lost their best player halfway through the season and still went on to win it all. Beechwood has time to get their feet underneath them and find their new identity.
Well, I would argue that losing your best player IN THE STATE CHAMP, is harder to overcome than losing him halfway into the season and having 6 or so games to make adjustments for his absence

(10-21-2022, 04:02 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]
Agree Rookie and lossing Jax Rogers is almost the same as losing Berger ffor Beechwood.Sorry for Jax and sorry for the Berger kid would be fun to watch them battle on the field!!!
Absolutely
(10-21-2022, 04:19 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2022, 02:21 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, I would argue that losing your best player IN THE STATE CHAMP, is harder to overcome than losing him halfway into the season and having 6 or so games to make adjustments for his absence

(10-21-2022, 04:02 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]
Absolutely

For sure, which is why I think Beechwood is probably in a little better shape.