Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Mayfield have any chance of going to the # 2 spot in RPI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Considering the schedule left for the top 4 or 5 teams, mayfield currently ranked third, even if they win out with Murray tonight and 4A Madisonville next week can they reclaim the # 2 spot? I think beechwood has number 1 locked up.
Sure. Even if OCATH wins over McLean, as they should, a loss to E Town next week puts Mayfield in at number 2.
I'd say it rides on the McLean Co vs Owensboro Catholic game tonight. If OC wins then Mayfield could end up at #2 but if MC wins they should lock in at #2 as long as they also take care of Hopkins Central next week.
(10-21-2022, 12:15 PM)WHO'S NEXT? Wrote: [ -> ]Sure. Even if OCATH wins over McLean, as they should, a loss to E Town next week puts Mayfield in at number 2.
I hope your right, of course mayfield still has to take care of business with Murray, who has managed to beat us twice in the last 2 years, ( ain’t gonna happen this year) and a very good Madisonville club

(10-21-2022, 12:39 PM)#GoCougs Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say it rides on the McLean Co vs Owensboro Catholic game tonight.  If OC wins then Mayfield could end up at #2 but if MC wins they should lock in at #2 as long as they also take care of Hopkins Central next week.
Been wrong before but I think OC WINS this game, what worries me are they are a HAIR behind mayfield and if they beat McLean at # 2 I’m afraid that will push them ahead of the cardinals. Then if they beat 3A Elizabethtown and we beat Madisonville I don’t think that will push mayfield to second

We gotta pray Elizabethtown beats OC
I'm a McLean guy so I believe in the Cougars to get the win tonight but I'm biased & it'll be a tough one. But you're right, if MC does lose to OCath tonight then you'd need Elizabethtown to beat OC to get to the #2.
(10-21-2022, 02:24 PM)#GoCougs Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a McLean guy so I believe in the Cougars to get the win tonight but I'm biased & it'll be a tough one. But you're right, if MC does lose to OCath tonight then you'd need Elizabethtown to beat OC to get to the #2.
I agree, your team has had a great year and no disrespect intended, I have to hope they lose tonight, I think you can understand that, if McLean wins out I don’t see anyway mayfield goes to number 2

(10-21-2022, 02:30 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2022, 02:24 PM)#GoCougs Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a McLean guy so I believe in the Cougars to get the win tonight but I'm biased & it'll be a tough one. But you're right, if MC does lose to OCath tonight then you'd need Elizabethtown to beat OC to get to the #2.
I agree, your team has had a great year and no disrespect intended, I have to hope they lose tonight, I think you can understand that, if McLean wins out I don’t see anyway mayfield goes to number 2
UNLESS, if several of the teams Mcclean has beaten loses, and several of the teams in higher classes mayfield has beaten win,,, we’ll that possibly could change things
Or if Mayfield loses to Madisonville North Hopkins, then what??? If both OC and Mayfield win out then it will be really close as to who gets the #2 seed. I'm not smart enough to do the RPI math (to many variables) so I'll just wait and see.
0ne plays 4 and 2 plays three ill take our chances at either spot to beat the best you got to beat the best and i think Mayfield can run the gauntlet if they have too!!!
(10-21-2022, 03:12 PM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: [ -> ]Or if Mayfield loses to Madisonville North Hopkins, then what???  If both OC and Mayfield win out then it will be really close as to who gets the #2 seed. I'm not smart enough to do the RPI math (to many variables) so I'll just wait and see.
Me either, that’s why I started the thread, hoping others with more knowledge on the RPI could shed some light.

(10-21-2022, 02:30 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]
UNLESS, if several of the teams Mcclean has beaten loses, and several of the teams in higher classes mayfield has beaten win,,, we’ll that possibly could change things

Sorry, that last post was accidentally submitted on this thread.
OC with a big win against McLean!  They move to # 2 in RPI with Mayfield at #3.  I don't think Mayfield can catch OCath if both win out.  Although, if Metcalf and LCA win out I think LCA will move ahead of Metcalf in the RPI ratings.  That would mean LCA would travel to Mayfield and Metcalf would travel to Owensboro in the 3rd round if they all advance.
This RPI crap sucks,, EVERYONE knew mcclean county was waaaay overrated! And, just because of OWP, a 6-3 team, OC, is rated above a 9-0 team!
Not a fan of RPI but it is what it is. And I don't remember anyone complaining about RPI after week 6 when Mayfield was #1 in RPI. One can complain about OC 6-3 record but who has Mayfield played? Their best win is against a 4-5 PT team that they beat 16-14. OC beat Owensboro when they were ranked #2 in 5A , who's only other loss is to #1 6A St X 28-14. OC losses are to a pretty good 6A Daviess Co. team, the #1 undefeated 3A CAL team and the #2 undefeated 3A Union Co. team. Let Mayfield play OC schedule and there is no way they are 9-0. Probably 6-3 or 5-4 IMHO.
(10-24-2022, 11:01 AM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of RPI but it is what it is.  And I don't remember anyone complaining about RPI after week 6 when Mayfield was #1 in RPI.  One can complain about OC 6-3 record but who has Mayfield played? Their best win is against a 4-5 PT team that they beat 16-14.  OC beat Owensboro when they were ranked #2 in 5A , who's only other loss is to #1 6A St X 28-14.  OC losses are to a pretty good 6A Daviess Co. team, the #1 undefeated 3A CAL team and  the #2 undefeated 3A Union Co. team.  Let Mayfield play OC schedule and there is no way they are 9-0. Probably 6-3 or 5-4 IMHO.
Well, for starters I have never felt mayfield should of been rated # 1, as for all your other points, they are a valid argument

Looks like that argument will be settled in round 3, as to where at is still undetermined. I think it will be at OC because I think they will beat Elizabethtown and I think mayfield will beat Madisonville.
If OC beats Etown I think they will remain at #2. If Mayfield, LCA and Metcalf win then I think LAC moves ahead of Metcalf because they play a 6A school and Metcalf plays a 1A school. If that happens that would set up a 3rd round LCA trip to Mayfield and Metcalf would travel to OC????
Bump
Chalk says 3rd round LCA at Mayfield and Metcalfe Co at OC. There is a small chance this could flip even with both LCA and OC winning but very small. Obviously this advantage to OC.
(10-24-2022, 11:49 AM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: [ -> ]If OC beats Etown I think they will remain at #2.  If Mayfield, LCA and Metcalf win then I think LAC moves ahead of Metcalf because they play a 6A school and Metcalf plays a 1A school.  If that happens that would set up a 3rd round LCA trip to Mayfield and Metcalf would travel to OC????
 Baring any surprises, I think mayfield travels to OC 3rd round, and the winner of that game will be at home against LCA
How do you see that happening? This is the way I see it playing out. Please let me know if I'm wrong. If everyone wins out this week, the last week of the regular season and the there are no upsets in the 1st and 2nd rounds then OC would be #1 seed, Mayfield #2 Seed, and then the #3 and #4 seeds would travel to OC and Mayfield. I see LCA moving to the #3 seed (because they play 6A Henry Clay and Metcalfe plays 1A Kentucky Country Day this week) and Metcalfe would be the #4 seed. IF that happens then Mayfield would host LCA and OC would play Metcalfe at home.
Yes, Mayfield is 9-0 but the schedule is weak with Graves, McCracken, Caldwell, & Murray all having down years. Why they would add Calloway as a non-district is beyond me when they have Ballard Memorial and Fort Campbell as locked district games.
(10-25-2022, 11:23 AM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: [ -> ]How do you see that happening?  This is the way I see it playing out.  Please let me know if I'm wrong.  If everyone wins out this week, the last week of the regular season and the there are no upsets in the 1st and 2nd rounds then OC would be #1 seed, Mayfield #2 Seed, and then the #3 and #4 seeds would travel to OC and Mayfield.  I see LCA moving to the #3 seed (because they play 6A Henry Clay and Metcalfe plays 1A Kentucky Country Day this week) and Metcalfe would be the #4 seed.  IF that happens then Mayfield would host LCA and OC would play Metcalfe at home.
Well, I think there is some cross bracketing in there, hell I don’t know. I like the ILD SYSTEM myself where at the end of the regular season , YOU KNEW, Your team would be home till the championship if it was your year, then the meant year you would be home to the semis’s if your team kept winning. I just know I don’t want to have to go to OC or LCA,, ANY ROUND,, Peeiod!

Sorry about the mis spelled words