Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can the Pats Go 16-0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was having this discussion last night with a friend. What are the chances that the Pats really go undefeated? They are the best team in the NFL this season, but the argument came to when they play the Giants in NY the last week of the season. By this time they will already have home field locked up throughout the playoffs and the Giants will more than likely be fighting to get one of the last spots. Will New England sit their starters for this game and not risk injury or will they go for the perfect season? Should be a great game. Then again, this is far in the future and they could have lost by then.

Who else might they lose to?
Looking at the Pats schedule, the team I believe stands in their way is the Pittsburg Steelers. If they get past them, I don't see no reason that the Pats can't go 16-0.
Hornet Nation Wrote:Looking at the Pats schedule, the team I believe stands in their way is the Pittsburg Steelers. If they get past them, I don't see no reason that the Pats can't go 16-0.

Excatly, What I was gonna say!
Hornet Nation Wrote:Looking at the Pats schedule, the team I believe stands in their way is the Pittsburg Steelers. If they get past them, I don't see no reason that the Pats can't go 16-0.
they wont. Pittsburgh will make that their statement game. And New England will finish 15-1. Which wont be the first time Pittsburgh has been the only blemish on a teams record. The '84 49ers went 15-1, losing to my beloved Steelers 20-17 (the Steelers would finish 9-7 that year)..
I think they could if everyone stays healthy and focused. But you guys are right, Pittsburgh is the only team left on their schedule that I think could beat em.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:they wont. Pittsburgh will make that their statement game. And New England will finish 15-1. Which wont be the first time Pittsburgh has been the only blemish on a teams record. The '84 49ers went 15-1, losing to my beloved Steelers 20-17 (the Steelers would finish 9-7 that year)..

Pittsburgh does have a good team this year, easily the class of the division, but I can't see them beating New England, especially in Foxboro. The second-best team in the NFL couldn't even get it done, and it was at their home place, so I don't see anyone else being able to knock them off.
Beef if it's good with you man we should make this one a poll? Would be interesting to see how many Y's and N's there would be.
The way I look at it, the Steelers have the only secondary that can slow them down ( if any one besides the Colts can). But Buffalo is playing good and some experts on ESPN are calling for an upset in that game, but I don't see it. Another thing that helps the Patriots is the fact they play in the easiest division in the NFL with the Bills at 4-4, Jets 1-8, and Dolphins 0-8. They have the struggling Eagles and Ravens on their schedule who cant find the endzone. Besides the Steelers the Giants are the only other team with a winning record left to play. The Giants pash rush could cause some problems but the Giants struggle on offense too. But there is still a long season to go.
I think the point about possibly resting their starters in NY is a good one. Going undefeated would be nice. But I guarantee you the top priority for Belichick is winning the Super Bowl. And if it means losing a meaningless game at the end of the season by playing some back ups.......that would be fine.

If New England brings their A game, there isn't a team in the NFL can beat them and that includes Pittsburgh. Teams like New England don't have letdowns. They know where they want to go and they know how and what it takes to get there.