Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher County Central @ Johnson Central 10/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Letcher County Central will travel to Johnson Central this Friday. 

Letcher County Central (6-2)
Aug 19, 22 Shelby Valley home (W) 52 - 48 
Aug 26, 22 David Crockett (Jonesborough), TN away (L) 0 - 35 
Sep 2, 22 Pike County Central home (W) 48 - 0 
Sep 9, 22 Hazard away (L) 50 - 52 
Sep 16, 22 Breathitt County home (W) 32 - 21 
Sep 23, 22 Perry County Central away (W) 49 - 32 
Sep 30, 22 Harlan County home (W) 45 - 6 
Oct 7, 22 Clay County home (W) 59 - 18

Johnson Central (6-2)
Aug 19, 22 Lafayette away (W) 37 - 8 
Aug 26, 22 Fern Creek (W) 55 - 19 
Sep 2, 22 North Laurel away (L) 14 - 15 
Sep 10, 22 Ironton, OH away (L) 21 - 32 
Sep 16, 22 Waverly, OH home (W) 54 - 7 
Sep 30, 22 Clay County away (W) 56 - 20
Oct 7, 22 Perry County Central home (W) 52 - 7 
Oct 14, 22 Harlan County away (W) 43 - 0

Thoughts?
This one is a mystery to me. I’m pretty sure Johnson central will win………but by have many……..21 or 6

Johnson Central 42
Letcher Central 21
Johnson 43 letcher 14
Johnson Central's defense has been solid all season long. Letcher County may score a couple of touchdowns, but JC's running game should put the game away in the 3rd quarter, if not sooner. Last year's regular season game was the closest ever between the two teams and JC won 48-18.
Letcher been a second half team all season. Let’s see if that holds true in this one.
Might be a game for a half but all JC in the end.

Johnson Central 41
Letcher - 17
Johnson central-37
Letcher central-13
Johnson Central 49
Letcher Central 21
Would like to see LCC make a game out of it but don’t think they are there yet.

JC 47
LCC 14
(10-16-2022, 01:52 AM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]Letcher been a second half team all season. Let’s see if that holds true in this one.
If LCC gets off to a slow start against JC, then they will be trying to come back with a running clock. I think LCC will hold its own early but JC's depth will wear them down.
JC seems to be getting better each week, I think LCC has the pieces to make a run at JC, but I think JC wins going away. 42-21. I will be there to watch this one.
A lot of points to a little points.
Johnson Central
Watching some of Johnson Central’s games they look to be playing there best football of season right now. Still surprised they lost to an average North Laurel team and a school as small as Ironton. I believe Letcher has a good team this year and has improved every week but just don’t see this young cougar team being able to keep up with Johnson Central.
Johnson Central 49
Letcher 7
I think Johnson Central will win but I don't the margin of victory. Johnson Central is going to control the clock and the tempo in this one by winning upfront but LLC is capable of scoring quickly with their athletes.

A margin for this game is stumping me.... Ah hell, I'll give it a shot. 

JC- 28
LCC- 7
If that’s the score. JC might have more problems than they want to admit. But I don’t think nit will be. Probably more in the 49-14 range, IMO.
(10-17-2022, 11:03 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]If that’s the score. JC might have more problems than they want to admit. But I don’t think nit will be. Probably more in the 49-14 range, IMO.
Yeah, you're probably right. I do not know much about LCC other than the last time I picked against em, I ate crow.
Eagles keep rolling
Letchers offense all season has been that big Oline dominating the line of scrimmage and a dynamic runner in Jonah Little. I don’t think you can play with Johnson central that way. If LCC wants to have any shot to keep the game close Little is going to have to throw the ball really good. If LCC can be balanced they would be really hard to stop.
Don't be surprised if Johnson Central holds Jonah Little to under 50 yards rushing. Somebody else will need to step up their game for Letcher County to take some pressure off of Little or the game will be a blowout. Little has thrown 7 interceptions vs. 10 touchdown passes, so if LCC relies too much on him for their offense, JC's defense may score a TD or two.
(10-17-2022, 11:53 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2022, 11:03 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]If that’s the score. JC might have more problems than they want to admit. But I don’t think nit will be. Probably more in the 49-14 range, IMO.
Yeah, you're probably right. I do not know much about LCC other than the last time I picked against em, I ate crow.
They use to have a good QB. Don’t know if they still have him. But he was doing pretty good even against JC, LCC just didn’t have the defense or the depth to even make it close or a game then.
(10-17-2022, 05:59 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Letchers offense all season has been that big Oline dominating the line of scrimmage and a dynamic runner in Jonah Little. I don’t think you can play with Johnson central that way. If LCC wants to have any shot to keep the game close Little is going to have to throw the ball really good. If LCC can be balanced they would be really hard to stop.
Ain’t that the truth!!! Jc owns that style. You play their game, you might as well not play. Not seen a lot of them this year, but the last 3 teams have all been the same type. Big up front. Usually 2 strong backs and a quick little booger haha. I like their mentality of yea you know what we’re gonna do, STOP IT! The only bad thing about that is, you always have to have the personnel, which it seems that’s never a problem. And if a team does figure it out and can stop it, not much you can do to adjust other than maybe some blocking schemes.
Running clock in 3rd quarter
(10-17-2022, 11:56 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2022, 11:53 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
They use to have a good QB. Don’t know if they still have him. But he was doing pretty good even against JC, LCC just didn’t have the defense or the depth to even make it close or a game then.
Carson Adam’s moved LCC up and down the field against Johnson Central especially in first game but JC offense was just to much.JC scored kicked to Letcher and got a scoop and score and the blow out was on.
JC
JC by a bunch
letcher can score some points to keep it within the 35 points of a running clock but johnson central will win score at will and never be a real close game 49-22
Will this game be on TV or streamed anywhere?
(10-20-2022, 09:20 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Will this game be on TV or streamed anywhere?
Johnson Central livestream will stream the game for about $10, which is about the same for a by month subscription. So, for a few cents more than $10, including taxes, you can watch JC play Letcher County Central and Belfry, along with a few episodes of the Coach Jesse Peck show.
I look for this to be a closer game than most expect. I believe Johnson Central will pull away in the second half, but Letcher has a good enough offense to put up some points on the Golden Eagles. I think Johnson Central's defense will prevail in the end, but it will surprise me if they put a running clock on Letcher. Johnson Central wins 48-35.
Pages: 1 2