Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Casey County 34 Hart County 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Casey County has it's way on offense and controls the clock through out the game.  Defense turns Hart over on downs 1 time, recovers 1 fumble and intercepts 2 passes on the night.  With Taylor putting a beatdown on Glasgow, this win guarantees Casey County's first ever district championship!  I don't talk about our players or team very much, but I have to say, QB Ethan Willoughby is having an awesome season.  He threw for 212 yards and 4 tds, ran for 131 yards and 1 td, kicked 2 extra points, made an interception, and recovered the onsides attempt by Hart at the end of the game!  This may seem small to some programs, but it's literally the biggest thing that has ever happened to Casey's program!  Contragratulations Rebels!!!
Great prep and excellent gameplan put in by Coach Stonebraker. If not for the one interception thrown by Casey (Coach going for the jugular and just a slightly under thrown ball) Casey probably locks this one up slightly earlier. Hart County is a good football team, I'd say, in fact, a very good football team. Casey got the breaks they needed and had the only real stops of the game on defense. Casey only turned the ball over once on downs that I know of and that was when coach brought in a heavy package and one kid simply missed a single block that would have sprung the back for at least the 2 yards needed. So it was a great coach call. That was also with Casey having a 2 score lead and milking the clock so not a really convincing stop. Coach Stonebraker has built a very solid program that does NOT have 4.4 speed kids coming out of the woodwork. He does NOT have 6'5" 290 pound athletic lineman at every position, and he most certainly does not have kids transferring their kids over from another county and giving their dad a made up school teaching or administrative position...He just takes the kids who've worked their ass off in youth league and middle, then adds in kids he recruits out of our own hallways, many who've not played before yet he turns them into a legit skilled football player in just 2 years in some cases. Take Casey's big tall Tight End kid who plays outside linebacker. That kid was a rodeo kid and a basketball player. Stonebraker has turned him into at least a solid NAIA football player, possibly even higher level if he works hard until he leaves high-school. Anyways, I know no one cares but a few. But if only the right thing is done and Coach stays to help us when the talent level does drop off, just so he can hold us together through the inevitable down years we may have coming. Hell, this year we were predicted to finish 0-10...
As a former district rival of Casey, Redhound nation is proud of the Rebs and offers hearty congratulations. Well done guys!!! Long overdue and well deserved!!!
(10-15-2022, 02:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]As a former district rival of Casey, Redhound nation is proud of the Rebs and offers hearty congratulations. Well done guys!!! Long overdue and well deserved!!!
Much appreciated OSH! I may throw some Haddix jabs in there from time to time on here but every person at Corbin I've ever been around has been nice to me and we've been over there many many times to watch you guys play other than our own game. Appreciate the congrats and I personally am hoping you guys get to the big one this year and maybe sneak a little humble pie into Boyle.
(10-15-2022, 02:37 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2022, 02:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]As a former district rival of Casey, Redhound nation is proud of the Rebs and offers hearty congratulations. Well done guys!!! Long overdue and well deserved!!!
Much appreciated OSH! I may throw some Haddix jabs in there from time to time on here but every person at Corbin I've ever been around has been nice to me and we've been over there many many times to watch you guys play other than our own game. Appreciate the congrats and I personally am hoping you guys get to the big one this year and maybe sneak a little humble pie into Boyle.

I do believe we will see Mr Haddix return "home " in about six weeks.  I hope it's not a happy homecoming for him.
(10-15-2022, 02:44 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2022, 02:37 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]

I do believe we will see Mr Haddix return "home " in about six weeks.  I hope it's not a happy homecoming for him.
Go Hounds! I do know one of your legends moved back to Miami earlier this year. That man still bled Corbin red. Worked with him, or relieved him a couple of years at work and he was still a mountain of a man.
This was my game of the week. Glad I was able to attend. Great game by the Rebels! Offensive display by Coach Stonebraker as the Rebels moved the ball with ease.
Coach Stonebreaker is as good as they come.