Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County 34 Covington Scott 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
I figured Boyd would roll in this one. They’ll destroy Rowan next week as well for the district. Their program is on the rise. Congrats to the Lions.

What does the Boyd playoff path look like?
(10-14-2022, 11:41 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]I figured Boyd would roll in this one.  They’ll destroy Rowan next week as well for the district.  Their program is on the rise.  Congrats to the Lions.

What does the Boyd playoff path look like?
Looks like Boyle County in round #2.
Ouch- sucks for the Lions! Enjoy ascending from the decrepit concrete while you can BC.
I’m glad to see I wasn’t wrong about my opinion of this Boyd County team when they got Collins back. The guy caught the first TD pass and got an interception in their game last night. Difference maker. Boyd would be undefeated had he played from the season’s start. Any team meeting the Lions in the playoffs this season better be seriously ready. The Titanic of losing Boyd football seems to be slowly coming back to surface and turning around, and given their top notch facilities, look out. If the football team at Boyd starts to be “in style” and starts getting some more of the athletes that have chosen basketball and soccer over football for the past decade, Ashland better watch out.
Not to be Debbie Downer here, but they wouldn't have beaten Lawrence with Collins. Also, I watched Boyd's middle school team the other day. Unless they get a serious influx of talent with that group things are going to be ugly in Cannonsburg. They do have a great facility though, so maybe they'll start competing in the off-season Ashland metro rodeo for talent.
(10-15-2022, 11:50 AM)Gabby Johnson Wrote: [ -> ]Not to be Debbie Downer here, but they wouldn't have beaten Lawrence with Collins.  Also, I watched Boyd's middle school team the other day.  Unless they get a serious influx of talent with that group things are going to be ugly in Cannonsburg.  They do have a great facility though, so maybe they'll start competing in the off-season Ashland metro rodeo for talent.
"Not to be Debbie Downer here, but they wouldn't have beaten Lawrence with Collins." There's really no way to prove that statement since Collins didn't play. Just your opinion based on nothing.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. There’s no doubt in my mind they would be undefeated if Collins had played all season. Boyd football is on the upswing if they start winning (this year district is a good start), keeping their own players from going to Ashland, getting more of their athletes to commit to football rather than soccer (their soccer roster had like 50 players on it a few years ago), and then ultimately getting some of Ashland’s players. Their school and athletic facilities already blow Ashland away. Winning is all that’s left and they’re on their way. I have no idea what their middle school team is like, but hold them back and they’ll be fine once they add some talent through the years. That’s how it’s done.
IF Boyd were to lose the final game to Rowan, they would both be 3-1 in the district, would Rowan be the district champ?
(10-15-2022, 01:56 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]IF Boyd were to lose the final game to Rowan, they would both be 3-1 in the district, would Rowan be the district champ?
If it is a 2 way tie then that probably is the case. But if Scott beats Holmes and Rowan beats Boyd next week, they all 3 finish 3-1 in the district and don't have a clue how the tie-breakers would work. Boyd controls their destiny by being 3-0 though.
(10-15-2022, 02:04 PM)timocee Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2022, 01:56 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]IF Boyd were to lose the final game to Rowan, they would both be 3-1 in the district, would Rowan be the district champ?
If it is a 2 way tie then that probably is the case. But if Scott beats Holmes and Rowan beats Boyd next week, they all 3 finish 3-1 in the district and don't have a clue how the tie-breakers would work. Boyd controls their destiny by being 3-0 though.
Would RPI determine the seeds in that scenario? If not then what good is the system?
(10-15-2022, 02:24 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2022, 02:04 PM)timocee Wrote: [ -> ]
Would RPI determine the seeds in that scenario? If not then what good is the system?
I have no idea what the RPI is being used for. Boyd's football coach said that the win over Scott guaranteed Boyd would be in the top 2 in the district and would get a opening round home playoff game.

Boyd County made the ESPN top ten plays last night. With an interception made by Cameron Collins .