Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where Would Somerset Be Sittin Right Now in 2A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure most of ya know that Somerset chose to play in Class 3A this year. Just curious, where does everyone think they would be in the rankings in the 2A class.
Top 3
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Top 3

That's what I was thinkin. Corbin is #2 and look at what a game that was, Somerset vs. Corbin.
Somerset has 3 losses on the season, from the pollsters perspective Somerset would be in the 5-7 range right now. The Jumpers have no quality wins to hang their hat, and even their "quality" losses to 9-1 Corbin and 9-1 Pulaski County, displayed that the Jumeprs have ZERO defense. Metcalfe County is a decent team, but that early season shutout would be considered a "bad loss"

Although I think they may be better than coupel of the teams I will list, the Jumeprs could not coceivably be ranked ahead of:
NewCath- The clear cut favorite
Corbin- Beat the Jumpers heads up
Danville- Traditional pwoerhouse with quality wins under the belt, and both losses were quality losses
Green County- Undefeated, romped the team who shutout Somerset earlier
Redneck Wrote:I'm sure most of ya know that Somerset chose to play in Class 3A this year. Just curious, where does everyone think they would be in the rankings in the 2A class.

Below Corbin. Smile

Seriously, top 5.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Somerset has 3 losses on the season, from the pollsters perspective Somerset would be in the 5-7 range right now. The Jumpers have no quality wins to hang their hat, and even their "quality" losses to 9-1 Corbin and 9-1 Pulaski County, displayed that the Jumeprs have ZERO defense. Metcalfe County is a decent team, but that early season shutout would be considered a "bad loss"

The Jumpers has never been shutout this season. The Metcalfe loss was a 14-7 loss with if I remember correctly 2 TD's called back, that is if I remember correctly.

Somerset's D has gotten much better since the Pulaski game. Sure they gave up 600 yards of total offense to Corbin but you can clearly tell that the Jumpers D has more energy to them, we had the Corbin RB's wrapped up on quite a few of the Redhounds big plays but we just didn't finish the deal. Now the Pulaski game was just pathetic, no energy and nobody running to the ball.

Taylor County has a top-notch running back #41, and will murder defense if given the slightest amount of room. He had a good game against the Jumpers earlier in the year.

If both Somerset and Belfry makes it to Region, it will be a great game. It will be a shootout providing that both us and Belfry doesn't get upset.
i think top 5
You can say what you want about the Somerset vs Corbin score, and Somerset's D not doing anything, but IIRC Somerset put up 40+ on Corbin. Belfry only scored 21...
Sarrr Wrote:You can say what you want about the Somerset vs Corbin score, and Somerset's D not doing anything, but IIRC Somerset put up 40+ on Corbin. Belfry only scored 21...

And yet Somerset lost and Belfry won by 21.
Somerset would be 5-7 in 2A like someone already said. They wouldn't be one of the favorites in 1A either.
Meaty Wrote:Somerset's D has gotten much better since the Pulaski game. Sure they gave up 600 yards of total offense to Corbin but you can clearly tell that the Jumpers D has more energy to them, we had the Corbin RB's wrapped up on quite a few of the Redhounds big plays but we just didn't finish the deal. Now the Pulaski game was just pathetic, no energy and nobody running to the ball.

If both Somerset and Belfry makes it to Region, it will be a great game. It will be a shootout providing that both us and Belfry doesn't get upset.

I believe the figure was 713 total yards Somerset gave up to Corbin.

No..I don't think a Belfry/Somerset game would/will be a shootout. No need in conversing about a game that may or may not occur. But don't envision a Corbin/Somerset type game with Belfry. You can forget that.
Somerset would be in the top four in the 2a but if Belfry and Somerset play, Belfry can have fun trying to stop John Cole the boy is a beast and just makes play. Somerset will score at least 28 in the game and if their d can get one or two stops they win the game.
jb05 Wrote:Somerset would be in the top four in the 2a but if Belfry and Somerset play, Belfry can have fun trying to stop John Cole the boy is a beast and just makes play. Somerset will score at least 28 in the game and if their d can get one or two stops they win the game.

If Somerset and Belfry were to play 10 times this year, Belfry would win all ten of those games. John Cole could do what he wanted to against Belfry but Somerset couldn't stop any of Belfry's backs. Belfry would win this game by at least 3 touchdowns.
top 5 maybe at the 4 spot....
They would be in the middle of the pack of the 2A Top 10.
jb05 Wrote:...Somerset will score at least 28 in the game...

People said the same thing about Johnson Central, and look how many points they scored against our D.
Why did this turn into a Belfry/Somerset thread?
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Why did this turn into a Belfry/Somerset thread?
Seems like most of them do turn into something about Belfry LOLBig Grin
cobra67 Wrote:Seems like most of them do turn into something about Belfry LOLBig Grin

Lol so true.
johnson central doesnt have a playmaker like john cole on the edge. You can put 8 or 9 in the box to stop a running back but u can't put 3 or 4 on one reciever.
There's no need in discussing this until both teams advance. Belfry's got plenty on their plate with SC and to be perfectly honest.....Somerset needs to find a defense and get by their game.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:There's no need in discussing this until both teams advance. Belfry's got plenty on their plate with SC and to be perfectly honest.....Somerset needs to find a defense and get by their game.

Somerset beat Garrad 65-20 earlier in the year...
Meaty Wrote:Somerset beat Garrad 65-20 earlier in the year...

So you're implying they don't have to focus and prepare for Garrad Co? I don't care who you are....if you don't prepare and focus on the IMMEDIATE task at hand....you open yourself up for a defeat.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:So you're implying they don't have to focus and prepare for Garrad Co? I don't care who you are....if you don't prepare and focus on the IMMEDIATE task at hand....you open yourself up for a defeat.

How did you comprehend that I was implying anything? You said we had no defense and I was telling you what the score as the last time we played Garrad Co. and we shut them down. I am not implying anything along the lines of that, it is important that we come out and ready to play against everybody or like you said, we are opening ourself up for a defeat.

It doesn't mater how good you are, you have to be ready and prepared for the task at hand and that is exactly the message that Coach Cobb is relaying.
Meaty Wrote:How did you comprehend that I was implying anything? You said we had no defense and I was telling you what the score as the last time we played Garrad Co. and we shut them down. I am not implying anything along the lines of that, it is important that we come out and ready to play against everybody or like you said, we are opening ourself up for a defeat.

It doesn't mater how good you are, you have to be ready and prepared for the task at hand and that is exactly the message that Coach Cobb is relaying.

Instead of replying about an improving defense, etc,etc....you simply shot a score back. If I read more into it than you meant....then my apologies. Wink