Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville 35 Somerset 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This game surprised me, I thought Somerset would win this one. Danville Sophomore RB Demauriah Brown had 17 carries for 276 yards 5TDs.
Somerset is not good. 4 wins this year over mediocre teams.

No real reason to be as bad as they are. I saw another person post their head coach is fighting a sickness and hopefully he can return to the sideline because they need help. Hopefully whatever he’s dealing with isn’t serious.
Congratulations Admirals! I sure didn't think it would go this way. Happy for Coach Peach and the team.
I've heard Somerset coach is sick, prayers to him. Somerset will be back no doubt about it! I've heard some Somerset parents no happy about the direction of the football program. I could see some transfers happening next year! Guy Bailey is a stud BTW.
(10-08-2022, 01:15 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard Somerset coach is sick, prayers to him. Somerset will be back no doubt about it! I've heard some Somerset parents no happy about the direction of the football program. I could see some transfers happening next year! Guy Bailey is a stud BTW.

Not good for them. Small schools get hurt by attrition but they are hurting themselves if they don’t address the problems and solve them. Not sure who all would bolt from Somerset but a few of the kids leave and it’ll be tough to rebuild. 

Administration better step in before it’s too late.
I said if Danville had their guys they'd have a chance, but didn't they have suspended players? That's what makes this an upset. Danville nor Somerset either one are what they usually are.
I'm pretty surprised by this score after all Danville has been through.
Danville is still Danville congratulations
Danville just had the best player on the field in Brown. Danville had 3 starters out on defense that was suspended.
Good win for the ads!
DANVILLE to good of a program to be down long.
Finally the onslaught of miscues and penalties ends for the Admirals. Good win for the players and coaches.
This is what gets me about some programs. Somerset's Middle School program has been down the last few years, that eventually gets up to the high school....aka,.... you can see what's coming. So why is there such a surprise by this and a rash judgement to want coaches fired and such because that "downness" is now at the High School Level.
(10-08-2022, 10:41 AM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]This is what gets me about some programs.  Somerset's Middle School program has been down the last few years, that eventually gets up to the high school....aka,.... you can see what's coming.  So why is there such a surprise by this and a rash judgement to want coaches fired and such because that "downness" is now at the High School Level.

Apparently Coach Lucas has been struggling with illness all season and hasn't been able to be on the sidelines for several games. I know that the middle school coach had been struggling with cancer for a few years now. The twins that were on the state championship high school and middle school teams transferred to a prep school in Connecticut, last I saw they were both 4 star recruits in their class. Maybe all of that is just starting to take its toll on the program. Not anyone's fault, just terrible luck.
Danville and Somerset are both two good programs that will unfortunately have bad seasons here and there. But when they are good, they usually are really good. Both teams have won a state championship in the last 5 years.
Perhaps Danville had adddions by subtraction.
(10-08-2022, 10:14 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps Danville had adddions by subtraction.

That may be true. Hopefully they can build some momentum and play well to the end.
Seems Danville took the rivalry game as a way to reset their frame of mind. Let's see how the story ends.
The Peach lives to see another day!