Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ballard 14 Trinity 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Interesting
Trinity hasn’t won a game against Kentucky teams this year now as one poster put it this is a odd year
Bob Beatty was obviously a great coach, but was he that great or did he just know when to get out?
Ballard's defense flies around all over the field. If they had more fire power on offense they'd definitely have the makings of front runner. I believe defenses for T, X, Ballard, Male, Manual are collectively the best I've ever seen.
(10-10-2022, 10:18 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: [ -> ]Ballard's defense flies around all over the field. If they had more fire power on offense they'd definitely have the makings of front runner. I believe defenses for T, X, Ballard, Male, Manual are collectively the best I've ever seen.
So happy for the Ballard players and staff!

All the top Louisville 6A teams have good to great defenses. Each has their own issues on offense. The team that puts together a complementary game with O/D/ST will bring the hardware back to Louisville. I feel like these teams will beat up on each other and the team that scores ENOUGH will win out.
(10-08-2022, 07:16 PM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]Bob Beatty was obviously a great coach, but was he that great or did he just know when to get out?

Seeing rumblings online that the Shamrock faithful are not too happy with Coach Cobb up to this point. Whether it's the talent level or the other teams in Louisville just getting better I can't say. They've done well against out of state competition, but I don't know if that speaks to how much better 6A in Kentucky is this year or if those out of state teams that Trinity is playing are just not as good this year.
(10-08-2022, 05:39 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Trinity hasn’t won a game against Kentucky teams this year now as one poster put it this is a odd year
Thank you. I got slammed from my own fans and other teams for saying no one is really head and shoulders above the rest, outside if maybe 1A and possibly 5A.
(10-10-2022, 05:27 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2022, 07:16 PM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]Bob Beatty was obviously a great coach, but was he that great or did he just know when to get out?

Seeing rumblings online that the Shamrock faithful are not too happy with Coach Cobb up to this point. Whether it's the talent level or the other teams in Louisville just getting better I can't say. They've done well against out of state competition, but I don't know if that speaks to how much better 6A in Kentucky is this year or if those out of state teams that Trinity is playing are just not as good this year.

Nobody wants to replace a legend. You're better off being the guy to replace the guy replacing the legend. Cobb is in a no-win situation. 

I think Beatty knew when to get out. The emergence of CAL and a HOF coach and recruiter at X will surely take away from the talent pool Trinity enjoyed. 

Props again to Ballard on their season! Now that the monkey is off their backs, I hope to see more enjoyable games instead of the usual routs.
I bet Cowgill is laughing.