Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher 59 Clay Co 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Letcher completely dominated this one. This was the Jonah Little show tonight. Letcher was 1 point away from running clock before the half. Clays offense only scored 1 time on Letchers starting defense. Just a great performance by the cougars.
I expected more out of clays offense.

Is letchers defense better than they get credit for or is clays offense getting too much hype?
Dang it clay. Made me look like a fool. Again! Haha. Sticky I did too, I picked them to win, but I knew it wasn’t likely. I though maybe, their O would come out the gate flying. I knew their D wasn’t much.

But I don’t know, i still thought their offense was maybe a little above avg given what they scored on JC and the points they’ve put up on others. But I guess the others were a little weaker than i imagined. But you still gotta give clay some credit I guess, they’ve come a long way the past few years, They’ll continue to get better and better, but their D is going to have to come light years if they truly want to compete with anyone in 4A.
This was what i was afraid of, Clay never got off the bus. Hopefully they can regroup for a decent Perry Central team that had Letcher down by multiple scores in the first half.
(10-08-2022, 08:37 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]I expected more out of clays offense.

Is letchers defense better than they get credit for or is clays offense getting too much hype?
Letchers defense is very young and has got better every game.Clay didn’t have manny yard at all last night. Clays first touchdown was a kick return and there last touchdown was with on seconds left in the game against the freshman defense. Letcher could have won by 100 if they wanted. Little and that oline are really good.
(10-08-2022, 08:46 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Dang it clay. Made me look like a fool. Again! Haha. Sticky I did too, I picked them to win, but I knew it wasn’t likely. I though maybe, their O would come out the gate flying. I knew their D wasn’t much.

But I don’t know, i still thought their offense was maybe a little above avg given what they scored on JC and the points they’ve put up on others. But I guess the others were a little weaker than i imagined. But you still gotta give clay some credit I guess, they’ve come a long way the past few years, They’ll continue to get better and better, but their D is going to have to come light years if they truly want to compete with anyone in 4A.
Clay County has more problems than its defense. Any team in Johnson Central's district that doesn't have a decent running game stands very little chance of staying close to JC. Clay County's quarterback is very good and he is only a junior. He has two outstanding receivers too, but the Tigers ran for 10 yards against JC.

I don't know what Perry County Central's rushing yardage was last night against JC but they were blown out before they even made an effort to establish a running game. The game between JC and LCC should be an interesting one but in the past, teams that have relied heavily on one player to generate their offense have not fared well against the Golden Eagles. I look for LCC to try to establish a running game early against JC. Whether LCC gives JC a competitive game this season or not, I think that the program is on the right track to compete for district titles.
(10-08-2022, 11:01 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2022, 08:46 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Dang it clay. Made me look like a fool. Again! Haha. Sticky I did too, I picked them to win, but I knew it wasn’t likely. I though maybe, their O would come out the gate flying. I knew their D wasn’t much.

Clay County has more problems than its defense. Any team in Johnson Central's district that doesn't have a decent running game stands very little chance of staying close to JC. Clay County's quarterback is very good and he is only a junior. He has two outstanding receivers too, but the Tigers ran for 10 yards against JC.

I don't know what Perry County Central's rushing yardage was last night against JC but they were blown out before they even made an effort to establish a running game. The game between JC and LCC should be an interesting one but in the past, teams that have relied heavily on one player to generate their offense have not fared well against the Golden Eagles. I look for LCC to try to establish a running game early against JC. Whether LCC gives JC a competitive game this season or not, I think that the program is on the right track to compete for district titles.
Last year LCC moved the ball very well against JC but absolutely couldn’t stop there offense. Both teams traded scores the first 4 or 5 drives but JC was moving at such a high clip Letcher couldn’t keep up. Letcher only has 5 seniors this year they should be loaded next 2 years but they have to find a QB to replace Little. The sophomore class is really good.
The results would’ve probably been similar regardless but one play and one player paved the way for this outcome. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen one player do what they wanted at will. After Little had that big hit, as the quarterback…., early it seemed like what juice was there was gone for Clay. The Tigers had 3-4 near kick returns and one player was always waiting around midfield. Wagers almost had a couple and Carr was close. The same kid seemed to always make the big stop on defense. That OLine is good but there can’t be many players better than Little in SEKY. Very similar to Partin at Knox.
If you can't run the ball and can't stop the run, you will not beat decent to good football teams. True on every level. Is there someone in Clay who can coach defense? Teams usually take on the persona of their coach. Being soft and not physical comes from one person. Can't talk your way into having a good defense.
Little is pure dynamite with ball in his hands. It’s hard to believe with that team Letcher had last season that he barley touched the ball. I griped all year that he wasn’t playing RB last year. Letchers offensive is as good as you will see in the mountains.
Clay Co’s QB should enter the transfer portal and enroll at Breathitt.
Johnson Central will put running clock on LCC
(10-08-2022, 08:35 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Clay Co’s QB should enter the transfer portal and enroll at Breathitt.

Woah