Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bardstown 27 Hazard 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Pikeville- barring no major injuries will beat the living brakes off Hazard and Raceland. Probably, if they combined their rosters.
(10-07-2022, 10:42 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville- barring no major injuries will beat the living brakes off Hazard and Raceland.  Probably, if they combined their rosters.
Idk about raceland. But after watching Hazard struggle tonight, I definitely think Pikeville will put a running clock on them.

Hazards offense looked horrendous.
(10-07-2022, 10:42 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville- barring no major injuries will beat the living brakes off Hazard and Raceland.  Probably, if they combined their rosters.
Dude you gotta stop. Learn to enjoy football season. Why are you so worried about the end of the season? There is a ton of football to be played.
I have NO DOG in the fight. But I swear; I love getting the Pikeville-Raceland crews going and reading how every thread turns into the same debate. No offense meant; all in good fun!!!! That’s what this is about- right?
Really, really proud of the Tigers tonight. Tremendous performance under very difficult circumstances. First rate coaching getting reserves ready to play and executing a game plan.
This is an incredible win by Bardstown everything considered. Way to go guys!
Congratulations to Bardstown a great example in what a team can do when they lose some really good players to injury and others step up their play
(10-07-2022, 10:47 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
Idk about raceland. But after watching Hazard struggle tonight, I definitely think Pikeville will put a running clock on them.

I’ll agree it didn’t look great. The defense struggled all night though. Bardstown o-line put em on their heels and kept em there all night. Ran and did anything they wanted too. Tough loss to a good team. Congrats tigers. 
(10-08-2022, 08:21 AM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote: [ -> ]

I’ll agree it didn’t look great. The defense struggled all night though. Bardstown o-line put em on their heels and kept em there all night. Ran and did anything they wanted too. Tough loss to a good team. Congrats tigers. 
True. I figured hazard would struggle with speed. They missed a lot of tackles.

Hazards oline got whipped all night and A lot of dropped passes by hazard receivers.
It sounds like Bardstown has some really good depth and a solid coaching staff if their backups were able to take care of business like this. As for Hazard, this isn’t a great look. They got hammered by a team that lost several key players. Maybe they aren’t as good as I thought or maybe Bardstown is just that good? Either way I can’t see Hazard playing close with Pikeville in the regular season or in the playoffs this year.
(10-08-2022, 09:40 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like Bardstown has some really good depth and a solid coaching staff if their backups were able to take care of business like this.  As for Hazard, this isn’t a great look. They got hammered by a team that lost several key players.  Maybe they aren’t as good as I thought or maybe Bardstown is just that good?  Either way I can’t see Hazard playing close with Pikeville in the regular season or in the playoffs this year.

For some reason Hazard always seems to play 2-3 TDs better against Pikeville than anyone else. You can never count them out. But since both games will likely be at Pikeville it would be a huge upset. Hazard was very good last year and still only scored 6 total points in 2 games vs Pikeville.
(10-08-2022, 08:32 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2022, 08:21 AM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote: [ -> ]

True. I figured hazard would struggle with speed. They missed a lot of tackles.

Hazards oline got whipped all night and A lot of dropped passes by hazard receivers.

Very true. Saw a lot of trying to hit high in the shoulders and upper body. Bardstown to quick and strong for that. Was a few dropped and some overthrown receivers. Gotta get stuff like that out of the way or pikeville will have a running clock. I think hazard still a good team, just ran into a better one last night. 
Hazard could of made this game interesting if they punched it in when they was on the one. In which they did get it on the play but was called for a false start and it was a good call. Not to many flags thrown unlike in most games officiated in this area. Hazard really missed Landon Smith in this one. But his health for later on downs the road is important. Bardstown is dang good team with speed across the board at every position. Hazard held them to 27 there 3rd lowest total of the season. If they punch it in then it’s possible they hold them to the second lowest by just a point. Yes Bardstown has the injuries but they have depth and athletes. Max Johnson is fast, but there kids are as fast or faster. This game will only help hazard. Many people taking losing as negatives, but you learn more from losing than you do winning sometime. Hazards defense just couldn’t get the stops they needed but man did they live on the field.
Say what you will about Hazard, but throw the record books out for that Pikeville/Hazard match up. I have seen TERRIBLE Hazard teams beat Pikeville and terrible Pikeville teams beat Hazard. Definitely the one match up where I have seen the most upsets. Dangerous game to bet on.
Unfortunate that Bardstown, CAL, and PT are all in the West. They might be the top 3 teams in 3A this season and one of them is guaranteed to be out in the quarterfinals. I know that they've had the injuries but does Bardstown still have enough to win 3A?
I’m not sure why so many feel sorry for Bardstown. Injuries suck either way, but they still have athletes all over the field. They still had the best player on the field last night and will continue to have the best player on the field for the foreseeable future. However, I will say I did not expect them to be that physical of a team. Their balance of speed and strength makes them a front runner in 3A if you ask me. Just my opinion.
(10-08-2022, 02:40 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunate that Bardstown, CAL, and PT are all in the West. They might be the top 3 teams in 3A this season and one of them is guaranteed to be out in the quarterfinals. I know that they've had the injuries but does Bardstown still have enough to win 3A?
I think it will be tough. Proud though I am at how the team came together and prepared the reserves were, the stark reality is that it’s hard for us to throw, and that only takes you so far.
(10-08-2022, 02:19 PM)Hambley Wrote: [ -> ]Say what you will about Hazard, but throw the record books out for that Pikeville/Hazard match up. I have seen TERRIBLE Hazard teams beat Pikeville and terrible Pikeville teams beat Hazard. Definitely the one match up where I have seen the most upsets. Dangerous game to bet on.

I agree 100%