Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Steve Beshear To Be Next Governor of Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Democrat Steve Beshear defeated a scandal-plagued Republican incumbent Tuesday to become governor of Kentucky, pulling off a political comeback 20 years after last holding office.
Couldn't be happier!
I think its about time that a Democrat runs this great State of Kentucky.:letsparty
Here is the link...

http://www.wkyt.com/news
:letsparty I'm with you guys on this im glad we have a democrat running Kentucky :letsparty
Cards09 Wrote::letsparty I'm with you guys on this im glad we have a democrat running Kentucky :letsparty

Me Too!!! Wooo!! Congrats to Steve Beshear! :letsparty
blackcat_student Wrote:I think its about time that a Democrat runs this great State of Kentucky.:letsparty
Fletcher was the only republican in like 30 years?? But congrats Beshear,Sad .
Come on PT, No need to be sad. Congrats Beshear!!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Fletcher was the only republican in like 30 years?? But congrats Beshear,Sad .

He was in Frankfort for four years wasn't he? :p
Well this sucks for us Johnson Countians.
Redneck Wrote:Well this sucks for us Johnson Countians.
How so?
Woo hoo! GO BESHEAR!!
DevilsWin Wrote:How so?

Johnson County recieved millions of $ in grants thanks to Fletcher.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Fletcher was the only republican in like 30 years?? But congrats Beshear,Sad .

Yeah, that was probably the only time in the past 40 years that a Republican ran the state. I think the Democratic party has held the governor's office for way more than its fair share (I hate when one party dominates).

However, I do think Beshear will do a good job. Congratulations!
Redneck Wrote:Johnson County recieved millions of $ in grants thanks to Fletcher.
So you think Beshear says to **************** with Johnson Co? What is your basis for this argument?
DevilsWin Wrote:So you think Beshear says to **************** with Johnson Co? What is your basis for this argument?

His running mate is an open fruit for starters. Democrats have stayed away from Johnson Co. as well as any other county in EKY except Pike, and that was all because Patton was in office for a little while. Ernie shared the wealth and allowed many schools in our area to improve the learning environments for our youth to try to catch up with other parts of the state. Now if he is the last republican to be in office for a while, you have to wonder how far behind our kids will become compared to the rest of the state once again. I don't agree with everything that he has done, no one is perfect, but I feel that he was the better man for all of Kentucky not just 11/12ths of it.(If you are wondering where I got the 11/12ths from, its from the various districts used by the KYTC. District 12 is the one I am talking about. Johnson, Floyd, Pike, Letcher, Knott, Martin, and Lawrence Counties)
DevilsWin Wrote:So you think Beshear says to **************** with Johnson Co? What is your basis for this argument?

This is why I don't get into politics. What is it with some people? You get all excited over stupid stuff. I didn't say anything bad about Beshear now did I. I never said he wouldn't contribute to Johnson County. I was simply sayin that Fletcher helped our county out ALOT. All the money we were granted went towards the education of our youth and to road ways(which was badly needed).
GRIZZ Wrote:His running mate is an open fruit for starters. Democrats have stayed away from Johnson Co. as well as any other county in EKY except Pike, and that was all because Patton was in office for a little while. Ernie shared the wealth and allowed many schools in our area to improve the learning environments for our youth to try to catch up with other parts of the state. Now if he is the last republican to be in office for a while, you have to wonder how far behind our kids will become compared to the rest of the state once again. I don't agree with everything that he has done, no one is perfect, but I feel that he was the better man for all of Kentucky not just 11/12ths of it.(If you are wondering where I got the 11/12ths from, its from the various districts used by the KYTC. District 12 is the one I am talking about. Johnson, Floyd, Pike, Letcher, Knott, Martin, and Lawrence Counties)
My Grandfather was a Fierce Republican and he was from Johnson Co. Is Johnson Co an overwhelmingly Republican Co?
DevilsWin Wrote:My Grandfather was a Fierce Republican and he was from Johnson Co. Is Johnson Co an overwhelmingly Republican Co?

IMO it's pretty even.
Redneck Wrote:This is why I don't get into politics. What is it with some people? You get all excited over stupid stuff. I didn't say anything bad about Beshear now did I. I never said he wouldn't contribute to Johnson County. I was simply sayin that Fletcher helped our county out ALOT. All the money we were granted went towards the education of our youth and to road ways(which was badly needed).
Wait a minute. Nobody is getting excited. I just wanted you to explain your statement. I hope Beshear does what's best for Kentucky. I'm sure Johnson Co won't be written off the map because Beshear is the New Governater!Confusedhh:
DevilsWin Wrote:My Grandfather was a Fierce Republican and he was from Johnson Co. Is Johnson Co an overwhelmingly Republican Co?

Not really, like Redneck said its pretty much about even. Fact is, Ernie has done so much more for our county and area as a whole in his 4 years in office compared to what the democrats done in for however long they were in office. I am a current resident of Jefferson County and Ernie helps this county out just as much if not more than he has Johnson or any of the other 6 counties I listed. Things were picking up for District 12 and it was starting to develop into a pretty good economy, the schools were getting the technology they need and started rising to the top, and our roads were getting repaired and many new ones are currently being built. I'm afraid, like anyone else in those areas that have a general care for the region instead of elephants and donkeys, that the progress will start to slow and eventually cease to exist causing us once again to filter down to the bottom.
DevilsWin Wrote:Wait a minute. Nobody is getting excited. I just wanted you to explain your statement. I hope Beshear does what's best for Kentucky. I'm sure Johnson Co won't be written off the map because Beshear is the New Governater!Confusedhh:

I kinda got that feelin when you said "So you think Beshear says to **************** with Johnson Co?".
GRIZZ Wrote:Not really, like Redneck said its pretty much about even. Fact is, Ernie has done so much more for our county and area as a whole in his 4 years in office compared to what the democrats done in for however long they were in office. I am a current resident of Jefferson County and Ernie helps this county out just as much if not more than he has Johnson or any of the other 6 counties I listed. Things were picking up for District 12 and it was starting to develop into a pretty good economy, the schools were getting the technology they need and started rising to the top, and our roads were getting repaired and many new ones are currently being built. I'm afraid, like anyone else in those areas that have a general care for the region instead of elephants and donkeys, that the progress will start to slow and eventually cease to exist causing us once again to filter down to the bottom.
That sounds like Johnson Co has had a pretty good run lately and that's a good thing. Conversely there are plenty of other counties that need the same type of investment. Strange that you bring this stuff up because some of that money is what political pundits call Government Pork. I'm not one of those people but a lot of them are out there.
DevilsWin Wrote:That sounds like Johnson Co has had a pretty good run lately and that's a good thing. Conversely there are plenty of other counties that need the same type of investment.

It's not just Johnson County getting the help, its the whole area I've been talking about. Everyone is on the rise in those areas. There are a lot of other districts getting more help than us and they don't realize it because they have grown accustomed to it. Louisville was just granted a large amount of money to repair the 8-9 bridges that they are having problems with, the University was also given a large sum of money to close Eastern Parkway to enclose the campus, and so much more for this city as well as the surrounding counties. But when we got the amount of help that we did in the past 4 years it was like a new beginning and some of us are just worried its going to stop. That's all. Hopefully it won't though. Only time will tell.
Redneck Wrote:Well this sucks for us Johnson Countians.
it sucks for me, I know that..get ready for the liberal swarm thats gonna overrun this state..I absolutely hate the fact that Beshear and Mongiardo is going to be running this state..I cant stress that enough..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:it sucks for me, I know that..get ready for the liberal swarm thats gonna overrun this state..I absolutely hate the fact that Beshear and Mongiardo is going to be running this state..I cant stress that enough..

Why so?
alfus21 Wrote:Why so?
He's wayyyyy too liberal for me. His politics are basically "anything goes", which Im not a fan of. Fletcher done a lot for Letcher county, as well as the surrounding counties, and I know he done more for the KSP than anybody in a long time. My brother is a trooper, and said that you couldnt beat Ernie Fletcher (as far as helping with manpower, raises, etc)..I know Fletcher got in some trouble, but who hasnt? I'd rather have somebody who has guts about em, rather than have somebody who'll let anybody do anything they want. Im not downing the people who voted for Beshear, because at least they got out and voted, but Im saying, for me and my family, losing Fletcher will hurt. I'll get back on this later, lol...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:He's wayyyyy too liberal for me. His politics are basically "anything goes", which Im not a fan of. Fletcher done a lot for Letcher county, as well as the surrounding counties, and I know he done more for the KSP than anybody in a long time. My brother is a trooper, and said that you couldnt beat Ernie Fletcher (as far as helping with manpower, raises, etc)..I know Fletcher got in some trouble, but who hasnt? I'd rather have somebody who has guts about em, rather than have somebody who'll let anybody do anything they want. Im not downing the people who voted for Beshear, because at least they got out and voted, but Im saying, for me and my family, losing Fletcher will hurt. I'll get back on this later, lol...

Seems fair. I'll keep my opinions to myself on this subject, for now at least. I was just wanting to hear some reasoning as to why you were against this change. :thumpsup:
Fletcher being a Republician was voted out of office by his own party, the Republicians. The numbers speak for themselves. My wife works the poll booths every election and she said that the Republician votes that passed thru her made comments like "He is too close of buddies to George W Bush" "We dont trust him or J. Bunning". She said a couple even brought up the helicopter over the White HOuse thing. Johnson County is a Republician county, and they voted Democrate in that race. Thats sad when you cant trust your own party to back you, then he did the right thing, bow out gracefully and go. As far as the roads in Johnson County, come out here to Oil Springs and Flat Gap, they are as bad as they ever were.
Way to go Steve Beshear !!!

This sets off a new era in the Government. Kentucky has a Democrat governor again and soon a Democrat President
Pages: 1 2