Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ West Carter 10/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prestonsburg will travel to West Carter this Friday.

Prestonsburg (6-1)
Aug 19, 22 Betsy Layne home (W) 28 - 25 
Aug 26, 22 Magoffin County away (W) 26 - 18 
Sep 2, 22 Phelps away (W) 50 - 14 
Sep 9, 22 Powell County away (W) 42 - 26 
Sep 16, 22 Floyd Central home (W) 33 - 28 
Sep 23, 22 East Ridge away (W) 42 - 36 
Sep 30, 22 Shelby Valley home (L) 21 - 68

West Carter (1-5)
Aug 19, 22 Rowan County away (L) 0 - 24 
Aug 26, 22 Fleming County home (L) 7 - 25 
Sep 9, 22 East Carter home (L) 8 - 44 
Sep 16, 22 Raceland away (L) 7 - 67 
Sep 23, 22 Shelby Valley away (L) 21 - 54 
Sep 30, 22 Bath County away (W) 50 - 6

Series Per KHSAA
Oct 11, 2019 West Carter 19 Prestonsburg 0
Oct 9, 2020 West Carter 58 Prestonsburg 7
Nov 20, 2020 West Carter 36 Prestonsburg 6 2020 Class 2A 2020 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals
Oct 8, 2021 West Carter 41 Prestonsburg 20

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d

Thoughts?
Going with Prestonburg in this one
Hoping West can win but I have to go with Prestonsburg by a few scores.
This is a game that makes me nervous! I think the Blackcats are the better team, but my biggest question is, how do we bounce back from such a disappointing loss? Also, what is the status of Porter going forward, and if he doesn't play, what kind of impact will that have? Personally, if we come out ready to play and limit our turnovers, I don't see why we can't win by two or three scores. If we come out flat and are still hungover from last Friday's loss, we could be in trouble. I think our offense will pull us through, but the game will be closer than most expect.

Blackcats - 35

West Carter - 28
I believe that Prestonsburg will bounce back from last week and handle business.
Prestonsburg - 36
West Carter - 20
I honestly don’t know how this game will go. We just got absolutely destroyed by a Shelby Valley team that had their way with us. We had some early offensive success, but it’s hard to find many positives after the 1st quarter. I do believe that Prestonsburg has worked almost exclusively on defense this week. The rushing game will of course be our bread and butter, but this might be a game that we will have to complete a few more passes in.

West Carter is in a rebuilding year, but obviously this will be an emotional game for them. I’m kind of shocked this game is still happening, but it might be best for those kids from West Carter to focus on something besides the awful tragedy that happened. Coach Barker is one of my favorite coaches I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. He’s a tremendous leader, and I know he will have them ready and get the absolute best out of them.

God bless those kids, the families, and the entire community. I will be rooting for you the rest of the way!