Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County @ Letcher County Central 10/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clay County will travel to Letcher County Central this Friday.

Clay County (4-2)
Aug 19, 22 Knox Central away (L) 26 - 34  Knox Professional Pharmacy Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 Leslie County home (W) 42 - 32 
Sep 2, 22 Lynn Camp home (W) 40 - 0 
Sep 9, 22 Pike County Central home (W) 47 - 0 
Sep 23, 22 Harlan County away (W) 42 - 20 
Sep 30, 22 Johnson Central home (L) 20 - 56

Letcher County Central (5-2)
Aug 19, 22 Shelby Valley home (W) 52 - 48 
Aug 26, 22 David Crockett (Jonesborough), TN away (L) 0 - 35 
Sep 2, 22 Pike County Central home (W) 48 - 0 
Sep 9, 22 Hazard away (L) 50 - 52 
Sep 16, 22 Breathitt County home (W) 32 - 21 
Sep 23, 22 Perry County Central away (W) 49 - 32 
Sep 30, 22 Harlan County home (W) 45 - 6

Series Per KHSAA
Sep 16, 2005 Clay County 30 Letcher County Central 16
Sep 15, 2006 Clay County 44 Letcher County Central 30
Sep 14, 2007 Letcher County Central 40 Clay County 37
Nov 16, 2007 Letcher County Central 48 Clay County 37 2007 Class 5A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Sep 19, 2008 Letcher County Central 41 Clay County 14
Oct 16, 2009 Letcher County Central 52 Clay County 20
Oct 15, 2010 Clay County 29 Letcher County Central 16
Oct 11, 2019 Clay County 28 Letcher County Central 7
Oct 8, 2021 Letcher County Central 54 Clay County 18

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6b6a656543

Thoughts?
Tate Rice has a big game and leads the tigers to an upset on the road.
Someone can't stop the run !!
Letcher Central Rolls..
I think that Clay County will win this game if they can establish a running game early to go with their passing attack. It promises to be a shootout, if the weather is good. If it rains heavily, then I think that it would be to LCC's advantage.
Clay weak schedule this year playing Lynn Camp,pike central and Leslie county don’t help them in this one.

Letcher Central 42
Clay County 20
Letcher wins 35-21
This is a hard game to throw a prediction at. The Tigers normally do not play well at Letcher. The Cougars have a couple studs as well. But when Rice is given time, he can pick most defenses apart. Saylor and Wagers for Clay are two of the better receivers in the area. Probably favor Letcher at home but this could be a good one.
I think this one will be a shootout with very little defensive impact and that’ll favor Letcher.

Letcher- 49
Clay-35
Clay gave up 521 yds. rushing last week. Now going to Letcher. YIKES. Mikey Mike's could be in trouble.
(10-02-2022, 02:34 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]Clay gave up 521 yds. rushing last week. Now going to Letcher. YIKES. Mikey Mike's could be in trouble.
People keep sleeping on how good this Letcher Central offensive line is. This group has been dominant all season and usually by the start of 3rd quarter the opposing defense front has had enough. That’s why they have put up so manny 2nd half points this season. Little is a fantastic runner but just go back and look at long TDs where he wasn’t touched. I think Clay will put up some points on Letchers young secondary but I have Letcher winning this game by 3 scores.

Letcher 42
Clay 22
Give me the tigers in this one, I like clay to stop the run before Letcher stops the pass. Clay just has more weapons. Don't get me wrong #7 could be the best football player on the field but clay has 4 guys that are right there with him. Letcher hasn't stopped anyone this year and this will be the best offense they've went against up to this point. (shelby valley) doesn't have the receivers that clay does. As long as clay doesn't turn the ball over give me Clay 42 Letcher 30.
Click the link below to check out this weeks show and coverage of this upcoming game.

https://t.co/Xa6TmwZ72R

If that doesn’t work we are on Twitter. Just click the link below to listen

https://twitter.com/nobullsportstlk/status/1577700544394792961?s=46&t=N35bESuiGInn5KxRy1MXdw
(10-03-2022, 05:57 PM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]Give me the tigers in this one, I like clay to stop the run before Letcher stops the pass. Clay just has more weapons. Don't get me wrong #7 could be the best football player on the field but clay has 4 guys that are right there with him. Letcher hasn't stopped anyone this year and this will be the best offense they've went against up to this point. (shelby valley) doesn't have the receivers that clay does. As long as clay doesn't turn the ball over give me Clay 42 Letcher 30.
One thing that no one has talked about. OFFICIALS. No 13th for Clay and Letcher will have 14th. Just saying. I do think that Clay's weak schedule will be a factor.
(10-05-2022, 05:01 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2022, 05:57 PM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]Give me the tigers in this one, I like clay to stop the run before Letcher stops the pass. Clay just has more weapons. Don't get me wrong #7 could be the best football player on the field but clay has 4 guys that are right there with him. Letcher hasn't stopped anyone this year and this will be the best offense they've went against up to this point. (shelby valley) doesn't have the receivers that clay does. As long as clay doesn't turn the ball over give me Clay 42 Letcher 30.
One thing that no one has talked about. OFFICIALS. No 13th for Clay and Letcher will have 14th. Just saying. I do think that Clay's weak schedule will be a factor.
I think Clay has a good team especially o offense but I would be shocked if they come to Letcher and win Friday. The only thing I’m worried about is the slow starts Letcher has seemed to have all season. Letcher has been down at half big on almost all there key wins this season. A lot of that may just be how young Letcher is on that side of the ball playing only 2 seniors but whatever the reason they have only give up 7 points in the 2nd half the last 3 games.
Letcher will beat Clay like a dog.
Not seen a whole lot of Letcher other than highlights. But our water boy looks like John elway on those. But I’m taking the tigers. If they can score 20 some on Johnson central, logic tells me they can put more up this game. Their D is what makes me a little “iffy”. But i think they can score enough to overcome it.
(10-06-2022, 09:39 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2022, 05:01 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]
I think Clay has a good team especially o offense but I would be shocked if they come to Letcher and win Friday. The only thing I’m worried about is the slow starts Letcher has seemed to have all season. Letcher has been down at half big on almost all there key wins this season. A lot of that may just be how young Letcher is on that side of the ball playing only 2 seniors but whatever the reason they have only give up 7 points in the 2nd half the last 3 games.

I can honestly see this one going either way. It's hard to win at Letcher I just hope Letcher gets Clays best shot and things could be interesting. Should be a good game!
Letcher County 35-14

Clay County absolutely DOES NOT have more weapons. Letcher County will smoke their hind end.
(10-07-2022, 03:42 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Not seen a whole lot of Letcher other than highlights. But our water boy looks like John elway on those. But I’m taking the tigers. If they can score 20 some on Johnson central, logic tells me they can put more up this game. Their D is what makes me a little “iffy”. But i think they can score enough to overcome it.
I think the difference in schedule strength will show tonight. Letcher has beat 3 pretty darn good teams already this year. I was down on Letcher after barley beating Shelby Valley but that win is looking better and better as season goes on Valley is 5-2 now with other lose to North Laurel in a competitive game. Letcher has beat a undefeated Perry Central by 3 scores and a top 10 in 2A Breathitt by 2 scores and I not sure how anyone could watch that Hazard LCC game and not think that Letcher would beat them if they played again. Clay Co best win is I guess Leslie co. Clay hasn’t beat a good team all season
If Letcher can play a full game then they can beat Clay. Little is hard to stop. If I’m Clay I’m making them beat me in the air.
There’s no chance clay can beat letcher at letcher. Clay finally played their first real opponent last week and it seem the results.

Letcher by 28
(10-07-2022, 02:18 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2022, 03:42 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Not seen a whole lot of Letcher other than highlights. But our water boy looks like John elway on those. But I’m taking the tigers. If they can score 20 some on Johnson central, logic tells me they can put more up this game. Their D is what makes me a little “iffy”. But i think they can score enough to overcome it.
I think the difference in schedule strength will show tonight. Letcher has beat 3 pretty darn good teams already this year. I was down on Letcher after barley beating Shelby Valley but that win is looking better and better as season goes on Valley is 5-2 now with other lose to North Laurel in a competitive game. Letcher has beat a undefeated Perry Central by 3 scores and a top 10 in 2A Breathitt by 2 scores and I not sure how anyone could watch that Hazard LCC game and not think that Letcher would beat them if they played again. Clay Co best win is I guess Leslie co. Clay hasn’t beat a good team all season
You’re probably right. I just had a feeling clay might win this one. But absolutely they have not beat a good team yet. Mostly because the only one they’ve played is JC. But again, I agree SoS is important in these games, pretty much most games. And it could come back to haunt them. You’re logic greatly outweighs my gut feeling in picking them, haha. But still I’m gonna go with the underdog and hopefully they make me look like a genius or really luck!! Hah
Letcher will win this one by 3+ TDs. Clay won't be able to stop Jonah Little.
Letcher all day
Letcher is better plus the refs will help them win this cat fight.lol
(10-07-2022, 03:35 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2022, 02:18 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]
You’re probably right. I just had a feeling clay might win this one. But absolutely they have not beat a good team yet. Mostly because the only one they’ve played is JC. But again, I agree SoS is important in these games, pretty much most games. And it could come back to haunt them. You’re logic greatly outweighs my gut feeling in picking them, haha. But still I’m gonna go with the underdog and hopefully they make me look like a genius or really luck!! Hah
Until we see the game you have as much a chance to be right as I do. I have seen Letchers secondary play completely awful so anything is possible. The all sophomore group seems to be getting better as the season goes but definitely capable of giving up a bunch of points tonight