Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ron Paul's Chances
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He seems to be nowhere on the map in the Republican race, but what are his chances for winning? People seem to be getting behind him. He just set the record for most money raised in a day -- $4.2 Million.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308404,00.html

I think his best chance will be to go into the general election as an independent. But then that would hurt the Republican's chances of winning a lot. What are your thoughts about this guy? I haven't been able to keep up with the politics much but and going to get into it heavily when I get home on Dec. 1.
Beef Wrote:He seems to be nowhere on the map in the Republican race, but what are his chances for winning? People seem to be getting behind him. He just set the record for most money raised in a day -- $4.2 Million.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308404,00.html

I think his best chance will be to go into the general election as an independent. But then that would hurt the Republican's chances of winning a lot. What are your thoughts about this guy? I haven't been able to keep up with the politics much but and going to get into it heavily when I get home on Dec. 1.

I think if you really want to know his chances for winning you need to quit getting info from Fox News, lol. I remember after they held the republican debate, they asked people to text in and vote for who they think won. When the results showed that Ron Paul was getting a of lot votes, I believe he was second, ahead of their beloved giuliani, they stopped showing the results, and blamed it on "Paulites" repeatedly voting. When in fact you could only vote once.

It seems to me a lot of his views really differ from his party, especially his views on the war, he is very outspoken against it and constantly criticizes this adminstration for feeding us false information. His Foriegn policy views in general are a complete contrast to the majority of his party. I believe like you, that his best chance for winning would be to run as an independent. This adminstration has really dampered the image of Republicans to a lot of americans. And voting another Republican from Texas wouldnt go over well with most of the country.
He is the most popular cadidate amongst Republican Web Bloggers and voters participating in online polls.

He has raised the 3rd largest amount of $$$$ amongst the Republican candidates.
Vote Ron Paul 08 !!!!!!!!!!!
Ron Paul is the only real conservative out there. He makes me think of Reagan/Goldwater. He's just more outspoken.

Anyone who has done any research into Reagan and Goldwater will know that they are definately liberterians.