Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class of 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are some of the best sophomores we'll see on the mound and in the field this spring?
Allen Central will return 5 of last seasons starters from the class of 2010. Chris Stumbo, Chad Nelson, Justin Jackson, Logan Crowder and Hunter Crowder.
Here are some names that keep coming up in conversations I have with , supposedly, baseball guys in the know:

Matthew Dye 2B/SS/P – Harrison Co
Taylor Potter SS/P - Montgomery Co
Gus Sherrow P - Woodford Co
Trevor Gott P/SS - Tates Creek
estill has got some good sophomores comin up this yr that played jv..last yr....as in taylor fagin with a good bat and lots of speed...also they got kyle clowers..with a good bat but his best spot is on the mound...blake crowe..with an awesome glove..and speed...tyler williams..with a good glove and a pretty good bat
knott central has a good sophomore in the mullins kid.... i don't have any stats but the kid can play
socks3341 Wrote:Here are some names that keep coming up in conversations I have with , supposedly, baseball guys in the know:

Matthew Dye 2B/SS/P – Harrison Co
Taylor Potter SS/P - Montgomery Co
Gus Sherrow P - Woodford Co
Trevor Gott P/SS - Tates Creek
I thought he was a FR? But no matter what he is, he is an unreal talent.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I thought he was a FR? But no matter what he is, he is an unreal talent.
I feel like I know the name. He happen to be on the Southeast Lex Ripken team that advanced to, I believe, the World Championship game a couple years ago? His dad a coach on that team, if I am thinking correctly?

Nevermind, I jus googled the name, and yeah, that is him. Dang, kid sounds like something special. One thing I noticed was he was named to 13 and under Travel baseball All-American team in '06.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I feel like I know the name. He happen to be on the Southeast Lex Ripken team that advanced to, I believe, the World Championship game a couple years ago? His dad a coach on that team, if I am thinking correctly?

Nevermind, I jus googled the name, and yeah, that is him. Dang, kid sounds like something special. One thing I noticed was he was named to 13 and under Travel baseball All-American team in '06.
Yea, he played with KBC (Kentucky Baseball Club) They just basically manhandled teams at Memorial. I've talked to him a few times and he's pretty cool. But with that KBC team they had it was unfair to the others lol.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Yea, he played with KBC (Kentucky Baseball Club) They just basically manhandled teams at Memorial. I've talked to him a few times and he's pretty cool. But with that KBC team they had it was unfair to the others lol.

If I'm not mistaken Sherrow and Potter played on the 14u KBC team.

Your right, that 13u team was just loaded.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I thought he was a FR? But no matter what he is, he is an unreal talent.

No sir, he is a sophomore. He has a late BD that allows him to play summer ball as a year behind his grade and Yes, you right he is an unreal talent!!!!
Austin Lyons from Paintsvill.
Pburg started a Freshman last year - Tyler hall. He's been a pretty solid player coming up through the ranks.
schs has some pretty gud soph. centerfielder cody slone started since he's been an 8th grader- matt slone started 2nd last year
Carper and Stapleton East Carter
Sherrow Woodford Co
Also Mason @male
Miller @ Pack Lawrence Co
Gott @ Tates Creek
Hockman@ PRP
Sturgeno @ Owensboro
AC has a Handfull of Sophmores that will make some noise.
Logan Crowder:2007 Season-.460 BA,9 SB,38 Strike Outs
Chad Nelson:2007 Season-.386 BA, 2 HR,25 RBI, 15 Strike Outs
Them are the two that really come to my mind.. But I look for Logans Twin Brother Hunter to make some noise. He is a starting catcher who has a rocket arm.
Austin lyons from paintsville has some great talent. He throws the ball hard for just being a sophmore. He is good all around player.

Nick Vance from Johnson Central is also another great talent on the mound. If im corect he had a win Against a very good LC team last year. He is going to be a good player.
Knockoutking Wrote:AC has a Handfull of Sophmores that will make some noise.
Logan Crowder:2007 Season-.460 BA,9 SB,38 Strike Outs
Chad Nelson:2007 Season-.386 BA, 2 HR,25 RBI, 15 Strike Outs
Them are the two that really come to my mind.. But I look for Logans Twin Brother Hunter to make some noise. He is a starting catcher who has a rocket arm.

He couldn't have hit .460. That would have led everybody in hitting in the 15th, if i'm wrong(kimball)let me know, and he wasn't listed anywhere in the region stats I looked at at the end of the season last year.
OMG Wrote:He couldn't have hit .460. That would have led everybody in hitting in the 15th, if i'm wrong(kimball)let me know, and he wasn't listed anywhere in the region stats I looked at at the end of the season last year.

I don't think Logan hit .460 last season. I think it was actually .406 at some point in the season. Not sure where he ended the season at though.

I have the April 27 edition of the Big Sandy News, at the time Shane Allen of MCHS was leadng the 15th region at .524. L. Crowder was hitting .370 at that time.
ea and im Basing mine on this MAY 25th issue i have and it has Crowder Batting a .460 in 7th.. Rodebaugh was leading at this time with a .580 so if anything Crowder finished the season with above a .400
Knockoutking Wrote:ea and im Basing mine on this MAY 25th issue i have and it has Crowder Batting a .460 in 7th.. Rodebaugh was leading at this time with a .580 so if anything Crowder finished the season with above a .400
Sounds good to me!!
Knockoutking Wrote:ea and im Basing mine on this MAY 25th issue i have and it has Crowder Batting a .460 in 7th.. Rodebaugh was leading at this time with a .580 so if anything Crowder finished the season with above a .400

That still doesn't mean he's one of the best hitters. Like I said before your best hitters generall come from your better teams because of their opponents. Generally their BA is the highest because they play the best teams in the state year after year but still manage to hit around .400. Those are your best hitters.
OMG Wrote:That still doesn't mean he's one of the best hitters. Like I said before your best hitters generall come from your better teams because of their opponents. Generally their BA is the highest because they play the best teams in the state year after year but still manage to hit around .400. Those are your best hitters.
Well Bub im basing my opinions on the BSN like it or not. Its called an Opinion for a reason. You Have yours and I have mine. But nowhere in the BSN did i see anymore Freshman hit as good as Crowder.. Just because he was out hitting your favorites last season doesn't mean you have to dog on him,Give the boy some credit because not many Freshman Can have a .400 + Batting average to end the season...
Knockoutking Wrote:Well Bub im basing my opinions on the BSN like it or not. Its called an Opinion for a reason. You Have yours and I have mine. But nowhere in the BSN did i see anymore Freshman hit as good as Crowder.. Just because he was out hitting your favorites last season doesn't mean you have to dog on him,Give the boy some credit because not many Freshman Can have a .400 + Batting average to end the season...

Yeh they can easily hit .400 when they play teams that don't even win in double digit numbers year after year. But I agree you are free to have your opinion and base it out of local newspaper, which in turn wouldn't exactly be your opinion, it would be BSN's opinion. However, I respect it and that's fine if you think he is an elite hitter in the 15th region. But personally I don't.
Some of the Sophomores the Dawgs will be sending out on the field this Season is... Shane Pack- Starting in Left Field, has tons of speed and alot of power as a leadoff hitter... Jordan Miller- U will see him alot at 1st and 3rd, and batting in the middle of the order.. Josh Mills- Middle Infielder with a great golve, and good speed on the base path..
Triple Crown Wrote:Some of the Sophomores the Dawgs will be sending out on the field this Season is... Shane Pack- Starting in Left Field, has tons of speed and alot of power as a leadoff hitter... Jordan Miller- U will see him alot at 1st and 3rd, and batting in the middle of the order.. Josh Mills- Middle Infielder with a great golve, and good speed on the base path..

That is true.... I can't wait to see what Shane Pack will look like by the time he is a senior. He has all the tools right now as a Soph and he has a lot of time to develop.