Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: District play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who has the toughest district to get through? Or the most even district? 

4A- district 5 has my vote with boyle and Lex cath. Most the time district 4 with Franklin co and central is tough. This year not so sure. 

5A- district 8 could be interesting and more even I guess than some of the other 5A districts. District 6 with greater Lexington area schools used to be. But Scott co is down this year.
I’d you aren’t talking about FDU; don’t mention any Lexington school as relevant. FCPS just doesn’t care enough to compete.
I think the Southwestern, Pulaski and North Laurel, Whitley County, South Laurel 5A district this year is a nice one... The game between Southwestern and North was closer than the final score indicated.....
(10-01-2022, 11:29 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Southwestern, Pulaski and North Laurel, Whitley County, South Laurel 5A  district this year is a nice one... The game between Southwestern and North was closer than the final score indicated.....
Even looking back, isn’t that district been traditionally pretty tight? I know it’s usually a Pulaski school thay takes it, but I don’t remember seeing to many blow outs
Just last year, Southwestern seemed to dominate it last year without the games being close..
Southwestern, Pulaski County, and North Laurel are probably one of the more competitive districts.

Boyle and Lexington Catholic are a fun district.

Bowling Green and South Warren are good.

Normally Franklin and Central would be fun but both teams are down right now.

Manual and St X are a powerhouse district which play this week, as well as Trinity and Ballard. We will see if Manual is for real after this week.
(10-01-2022, 11:24 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Who has the toughest district to get through? Or the most even district? 

4A- district 5 has my vote with boyle and Lex cath. Most the time district 4 with Franklin co and central is tough. This year not so sure. 

5A- district 8 could be interesting and more even I guess than some of the other 5A districts. District 6 with greater Lexington area schools used to be. But Scott co is down this year.
I don't think Scott County is down so much as FD is up this year. I think that Scott County will have a great shot at upsetting Lexington Catholic and maybe scrambling the 4A RPI, assuming that Boyle County beats LC this week - but maybe that's just wishful thinking. I agree that 5A District 8 could be very interesting, especially if PC, NL, and SW go 1-1 against each other.

5A District 5 with Highlands, CovCath, Conner, and Cooper is pretty competitive.
(10-02-2022, 12:25 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 11:24 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Who has the toughest district to get through? Or the most even district? 

I don't think Scott County is down so much as FD is up this year. I think that Scott County will have a great shot at upsetting Lexington Catholic and maybe scrambling the 4A RPI, assuming that Boyle County beats LC this week - but maybe that's just wishful thinking. I agree that 5A District 8 could be very interesting, especially if PC, NL, and SW go 1-1 against each other.

5A District 5 with Highlands, CovCath, Conner, and Cooper is pretty competitive.
Yes!!! To 5A D5. Especially this year. I completely looked over that one. 

No doubt FD is a good team. But the Scott co team barley squeezed by Franklin co pretty much “at home” (GReat crossing stadium). Which FC is an average team this year despite the record. IMO, I think it’s a little of both. FD being pretty good and Scott being an average team.
(10-02-2022, 01:24 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 12:25 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes!!! To 5A D5. Especially this year. I completely looked over that one. 

No doubt FD is a good team. But the Scott co team barley squeezed by Franklin co pretty much “at home” (GReat crossing stadium). Which FC is an average team this year despite the record. IMO, I think it’s a little of both. FD being pretty good and Scott being an average team.
Scott County also beat Bryan Station and they beat Dunbar by 21. I never put much stock into early season games (or scrimmages) and Scott County opened with Franklin County. I was surprised to see that Lexington Catholic has won its last six games with Scott County - although most of the games were close. FD seems to be on a different level than the rest of 5A but that's nothing new and they seemed to have choked just short of a state title in the past after appearing to be heavy favorites for most of the season.

Scott Co is down this year? There is only one team in 5A that they can't beat in my opinion and that's Douglas, but I can say that for about every school in the state but maybe 3 or 4 schools.
Although Pikeville dominates the district with them and Hazard in it is tough. It only has 3 teams this year but you have the#1 and #2 teams in 1a by RPI. Sayre isn't half bad either as they just beat a good Williamsburg team.

Not so much this year but a couple years back the district with Lex Christian and Somerset had 2 of the 3 best teams in 2a.
(10-02-2022, 11:12 AM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]Although Pikeville dominates the district with them and Hazard in it is tough. It only has 3 teams this year but you have the#1 and #2 teams in 1a by RPI. Sayre isn't half bad either as they just beat a good Williamsburg team.

Not so much this year but a couple years back the district with Lex Christian and Somerset had 2 of the 3 best teams in 2a.
Don’t forget about Clevengers Danville teams in that district as well. DHS did win a state championship under Clay.

That was a tough district.