Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Offensive Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the spread in one form or another is being ran by most teams:  why don’t you see more teams run a trips set with a back to it and sprint out with an athletic QB that can make it very difficult to defend the flat while also containing/setting the edge?

Is it because everyone is running the “system”?  Isn’t what I’m describing the Rodeo/Lasso package?

Just wanted to hear some thoughts/feedback.
I’ve seen a lot of teams use that back to set the edge and run some sort of flood concept with quick hitters to the flat if the LB sags or the out if he jumps it. Bringing someone to get in your face off the rollout is the best way to screw with it.
Gene Peterson used to do it at Fleming- especially with Presley Marshall(what a HS football player he was). I haven’t seen it at all this season.
Simon Kenton did it a couple times last night. They’d have trips left. The whole line would slide down the line of scrimmages to their left while the Qb rolled out there behind them.

To answer your question, I don’t know why more teams don’t do it. Maybe the teams don’t have the line to do it? Or most QBs aroind here don’t throw good or strong enough on the run.
It’s a great formation and allows you to run Zone weak if teams over adjust and then- QB trap behind jet action or off zone fake.