Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 28 Rockcastle 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Congratulations Bobcats!!!
Congratulations Bell County!
“The Old Man” still owns Lil’ Rock
Rockcastle County has scored a total of 30 points since losing their quarterback, if you take out the South Laurel game.
Rock had their opportunities tonight. 4 or 5 red zone trips and yet only 1 TD. Rock just can’t get over the mental mistakes. If this team could cleanup the penalties they would be in a lot better position. As stated above the offense just doesn’t go without QB 1 Caleb Moore he makes that big of a difference for the team. Having a QB who is capable of standing back in the pocket and throwing the ball downfield who can also scramble an throw or take off and run is huge for a high school team and he was able to do all of that. Once he went out everyone knew the offense would struggle teams are able to key in on certain players and make Rock very one dimensional and that is enough with a struggling O-Line that makes this many mental mistakes. Cleaning up the penalties would help a lot for this team and be a big place to start.

(10-01-2022, 12:00 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]“The Old Man” still owns Lil’ Rock

Owns Lil Rock ? Granted Bell has had Rocks number during the Scott Parkey era 2008-2021. The wins for Dudley have stacked up in the Rivalry for sure during this time frame Parkey only was able to win against Bell once and that was in 2020 regular season which was the year before he got fired. Bell got a lot of the wins against Rock in this timeframe 10 to be exact. During the time that KHSAA started keeping stats and scores Tom Larkey was the coach at Rockcastle and Bell was on the losing end of the matchup. From 1999-2007 Tom Larkey went 8-6 against Dudley Hilton. Tom Larkey was 4-1 against Dudley in the playoffs when it really counted during that stretch and the only playoff loss Tom Larkey ever had was in his final year at the Rock 2007 during that time frame. Any real Bell county fan can tell you that in those days the games between Bell and Rock are nothing like they are now but with the hiring of Chris Larkey Rock football will be back to the way his dad ran things here it’s just going to take time. Rock football will get things turned around and be competitive in every game they play and will be a hard nosed hard hitting physical football team once again.
I knew Rock would play with Bell, at least put up a fight. But a win is a win.
SmashMouth, Free your mind and let it go. Dudley has disappointed me so many times. It's ok to admit he is the best, and you can't beat him. He smokes your hind end, and there's nothing you can do about it.lol
I was wrong. I said Rockcastle would score 6 , and they scored 7.lol
(10-01-2022, 05:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]SmashMouth, Free your mind and let it go. Dudley has disappointed me so many times. It's ok to admit he is the best, and you can't beat him. He smokes your hind end, and there's nothing you can do about it.lol
Naw I’d rather pick corn with the chickens I got outside then ever do that man lol but in all honesty he can coach I will admit that much I don’t have to like him to respect the fact that he knows how to get the most out of his players each year.

(10-01-2022, 05:38 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]I was wrong. I said Rockcastle would score 6 , and they scored 7.lol
The offense actually did better last night then last week. Rock was in the Bell county red zone 4/5 times and only was able to come away with the 1 score. I believe it was 2 turnover on downs 1 that was on the 3 yard line the other little bit further. Also threw an interception at or inside the 5. We had our chances but also made a million mistakes.
About what I thought….
The longer younger Larkey is there the longer Dudley will keep beating Rock.
What is Larkey’s record vs coach Hilton
(10-01-2022, 08:14 PM)Fan of many Wrote: [ -> ]What is Larkey’s record vs coach Hilton

Which Larkey
(10-01-2022, 08:28 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 08:14 PM)Fan of many Wrote: [ -> ]What is Larkey’s record vs coach Hilton

Which Larkey
The one at Rockcastle now
(10-01-2022, 08:44 PM)Fan of many Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 08:28 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Which Larkey
The one at Rockcastle now
I’m pretty sure it’s 1-1, Larkey beat him once in overtime as Coach at North Laurel last year.
(10-01-2022, 01:39 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Rock had their opportunities tonight. 4 or 5 red zone trips and yet only 1 TD. Rock just can’t get over the mental mistakes. If this team could cleanup the penalties they would be in a lot better position. As stated above the offense just doesn’t go without QB 1 Caleb Moore he makes that big of a difference for the team. Having a QB who is capable of standing back in the pocket and throwing the ball downfield who can also scramble an throw or take off and run is huge for a high school team and he was able to do all of that. Once he went out everyone knew the offense would struggle teams are able to key in on certain players and make Rock very one dimensional and that is enough with a struggling O-Line that makes this many mental mistakes. Cleaning up the penalties would help a lot for this team and be a big place to start.

Owns Lil Rock ? Granted Bell has had Rocks number during the Scott Parkey era 2008-2021. The wins for Dudley have stacked up in the Rivalry for sure during this time frame Parkey only was able to win against Bell once and that was in 2020 regular season which was the year before he got fired. Bell got a lot of the wins against Rock in this timeframe 10 to be exact. During the time that KHSAA started keeping stats and scores Tom Larkey was the coach at Rockcastle and Bell was on the losing end of the matchup. From 1999-2007 Tom Larkey went 8-6 against Dudley Hilton. Tom Larkey was 4-1 against Dudley in the playoffs when it really counted during that stretch and the only playoff loss Tom Larkey ever had was in his final year at the Rock 2007 during that time frame. Any real Bell county fan can tell you that in those days the games between Bell and Rock are nothing like they are now but with the hiring of Chris Larkey Rock football will be back to the way his dad ran things here it’s just going to take time. Rock football will get things turned around and be competitive in every game they play and will be a hard nosed hard hitting physical football team once again.

This was a very well thought out analysis. My comment was more related to recent history. Maybe Larkey magic will revive the Rock. Time will tell.
(10-01-2022, 12:33 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 05:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]SmashMouth, Free your mind and let it go. Dudley has disappointed me so many times. It's ok to admit he is the best, and you can't beat him. He smokes your hind end, and there's nothing you can do about it.lol
Naw I’d rather pick corn with the chickens I got outside then ever do that man lol but in all honesty he can coach I will admit that much I don’t have to like him to respect the fact that he knows how to get the most out of his players each year.

(10-01-2022, 05:38 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]I was wrong. I said Rockcastle would score 6 , and they scored 7.lol
The offense actually did better last night then last week. Rock was in the Bell county red zone 4/5 times and only was able to come away with the 1 score. I believe it was 2 turnover on downs 1 that was on the 3 yard line the other little bit further. Also threw an interception at or inside the 5. We had our chances but also made a million mistakes.
Well Rock scored on Bell and didn't on Wayne. I found that interesting. Is the QB still out?
(10-02-2022, 01:44 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well Rock scored on Bell and didn't on Wayne. I found that interesting. Is the QB still out?
He went out during the first half of the Wayne county game hasn’t played a snap since. If he comes back this year it wont be until playoffs.
(10-01-2022, 10:44 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 01:39 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Rock had their opportunities tonight. 4 or 5 red zone trips and yet only 1 TD. Rock just can’t get over the mental mistakes. If this team could cleanup the penalties they would be in a lot better position. As stated above the offense just doesn’t go without QB 1 Caleb Moore he makes that big of a difference for the team. Having a QB who is capable of standing back in the pocket and throwing the ball downfield who can also scramble an throw or take off and run is huge for a high school team and he was able to do all of that. Once he went out everyone knew the offense would struggle teams are able to key in on certain players and make Rock very one dimensional and that is enough with a struggling O-Line that makes this many mental mistakes. Cleaning up the penalties would help a lot for this team and be a big place to start.

This was a very well thought out analysis.  My comment was more related to recent history.  Maybe Larkey magic will revive the Rock.  Time will tell.
Larkey magic? Coaches names don't win games. Like everyone else, having a good 0 -line and a QB is key to scoring. Rock has neither.
(10-02-2022, 11:53 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 01:44 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]

He went out during the first half of the Wayne county game hasn’t played a snap since. If he comes back this year it wont be until playoffs.
He makes Rock at least 30% better than they are. That running back, coaches son and the O line get it done pretty well, but replacing QB1 is pretty much impossible for most teams in 3A and under.