Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 13 Boyd County 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Collins didn't play for Boyd. Seen him on the sideline in his jersey and jeans.
Great game, Dawgs pitch a shut out in the second half. A couple of missed opportunities scoring for LC that would have opened up this one but credit to BC for fighting.
Congratulations Lawrence County!
Congratulations to Lawrence County this one was closer than I thought it would be
Boyd played very well overall. No turnovers. Couldn’t adjust offensively and make headway against LC defense in the second half. Rhett Holbrook is a special talent.
Gritty defense for LC. Only gave up 36 yards in second half and 151 overall.
Good game.
(09-30-2022, 10:37 PM)timocee Wrote: [ -> ]Final

Is Collins the kid that came over from South Point?
Both teams played well. Lawrence didn't make any big mistakes and had few penalties. Only 1 offsetting personal foul!

As per usual, LC gave up a TD off a short field on the first drive, and then clamped down. That's an issue they've got to get fixed. Offense turned it over on downs inside the 10 twice. They've got to find a way to put points on the board there.

It wasn't LC's best game, but it wasn't bad either. They had a few key players out last night who would've made a difference. (I know Boyd did too, but I'm just analyzing LC's play). Not overlooking Pike Central, but if LC can be close to full strength when Belfry rolls into town I anticipate a competitive matchup for the district title.
(10-01-2022, 09:37 AM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]

No, the Wheeler kid #2 transferred from Coal Grove a couple years ago
What impresses me the most about LC is the defense and the adjustments the coaching staff makes at the halves of each game. Botkins does a fantastic job and the kids respond well to him. They executed very well on the defensive side of the ball the past two games holding two really good football teams to low yardage.
(10-01-2022, 09:37 AM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]

No, that is Malachi Wheeler. Collins was the freshman speedster who led Boyd last year in rushing yards.