Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt, Hazard, Perry, Letcher and Leslie Football podcast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://t.co/gntzJKZJi9
This episode of Nobull Sports show talks about Breathitt, Letcher, Perry, Hazard and Leslie football in their upcoming games and their rankings.
They look at Bluegrass Rivals because they just mentiioned it....I can listen to guys who tell it like it is...Ive already laughed a few times...
(09-29-2022, 03:33 PM)Nobull Sports Wrote: [ -> ]https://t.co/gntzJKZJi9
This episode of Nobull Sports show talks about Breathitt, Letcher, Perry, Hazard and Leslie football in their upcoming games and their rankings.
When is the show? Time? And how do I listen?
(09-29-2022, 05:07 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2022, 03:33 PM)Nobull Sports Wrote: [ -> ]https://t.co/gntzJKZJi9
When is the show? Time? And how do I listen?
We try to do the show every week and if you click on the link you can listen to it. If that don’t work go to Apple podcasts or Spotify and type in Nobull Sports Show and it should pop up but here is the link again. https://t.co/gntzJKZJi9
Enjoyed the show guys. Of course I am a Leslie county homer but I don’t disagree with a lot of what you said. Here’s a topic for the next show maybe, is LC quarterback Landry Collett a top 3 quarterback in the 14th region? 

I believe last time I checked he was 2nd in passing yards in 2A. 

Leslie also has a couple of receivers that are top 25 in receiving yards.

I believe he is also just a sophomore.
(09-29-2022, 07:27 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]Enjoyed the show guys. Of course I am a Leslie county homer but I don’t disagree with a lot of what you said. Here’s a topic for the next show maybe, is LC quarterback Landry Collett a top 3 quarterback in the 14th region? 

Only a sophomore… NICE!!
(09-29-2022, 07:27 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]Enjoyed the show guys. Of course I am a Leslie county homer but I don’t disagree with a lot of what you said. Here’s a topic for the next show maybe, is LC quarterback Landry Collett a top 3 quarterback in the 14th region? 

Thanks Buddy. Yeah we will be bringing that up for sure on next weeks episode.
Love it

There are a few nice QB’s in the 14th, 
Little- Letcher 
Slone -PCC
Pelfrey-Hazard
Collett-Leslie
Bryant-Breathitt

So is Collett top 3? It’s close, they all are talented, it basically comes down to who you’ve played , I know there’s a couple kids that are putting up big numbers but it’s against, teams like Fairview , pike central, Lynn camp and so on, nothing against those teams, but they are not “Quality” opponents, I will say Collett has as much upside and potential as any kid at that position .
(09-30-2022, 03:54 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]

There are a few nice QB’s in the 14th, 
Little- Letcher 
Slone -PCC
Pelfrey-Hazard
Collett-Leslie
Bryant-Breathitt

So is Collett top 3? It’s close, they all are talented, it basically comes down to who you’ve played , I know there’s a couple kids that are putting up big numbers but it’s against, teams like Fairview , pike central, Lynn camp and so on, nothing against those teams, but they are not “Quality” opponents, I will say Collett has as much upside and potential as any kid at that position .
I can’t disagree even if I wanted too lol no doubt Leslie has the weakest schedule out of the teams you listed. The best defense that Colletts seen this year is Williamsburg and they’re not bad but they’re not great either.
Never saw the kid play but will when they play Breathitt. But there are only what 7 teams that play football out of 14th so top 3 out of 7 is not that much of an honor.

Not trying to be disrespectful he maybe the next Tim Couch for all I know.
Wyatt Hensley of Leslie Co to visit University of Toledo tomorrow morning. This kid is special. District Player of the year easily!!
(09-30-2022, 09:47 PM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]Never saw the kid play but will when they play Breathitt. But there are only what 7 teams that play football out of 14th so top 3 out of 7 is not that much of an honor.

Not trying to be disrespectful he maybe the next Tim Couch for all I know.
Maybe not but it’s a just a discussion. I would think that it means something and especially as a sophomore.

No one should compare him to Tim Couch or anyone else for that matter. 

You gotta start somewhere… this year we are comparing him to other qb’s in the region and next year when he is a junior, we may be comparing him to all qb’s in EKY. And then as a senior, the entire state. 

It’s all hypothetical and discussions for fun.

(09-30-2022, 11:43 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]Wyatt Hensley of Leslie Co  to visit University of Toledo tomorrow morning. This kid is special. District Player of the year easily!!
As much as I like watching him play…. He won’t get the DPOY and I am not sure that he deserves. And I say that not blaming Hensley but more so the coaching staff at LC. Their schedule is ridiculously bad. Morgan and Fairview may be tied for worst teams in the state. The coaching staff has not done a good job at making a schedule that will prepare LC for a shot a district. 

Instead they made a schedule that allows the team to be complacent and not have to improve in order to still win some games.
You have no clue what your talking about. Morgan Co is a district game. Fairview is the only joke team been on Leslie schedule this year for a 2A school. Leslie could easily be setting 5-1 with wins Vs clay, Williamsburg. I'm not saying they play a Belfry schedule. Who's had a better season than Hensley in the district? Please enlighten me. I will send you highlights of the kid. He's unbelievable.
(10-01-2022, 09:28 AM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]You have no clue what your talking about. Morgan Co is a district game. Fairview is the only joke team been on Leslie schedule this year for a 2A school. Leslie could easily be setting 5-1 with wins Vs clay, Williamsburg. I'm not saying they play a Belfry schedule. Who's had a better season than Hensley in the district? Please enlighten me. I will send you highlights of the kid. He's unbelievable.
So the Morgan county game they can’t help but why even bother with Fairview? 
Even if you are right, Leslie IS NOT 5-1. Clay is not a bad loss at all, but losing to Williamsburg is not a good loss. 

Had you read my post without even the slightest bit of bias then you would know that I just said he won’t get rewarded with the DPOY because of LC’s weak schedule. Spin it in any direction you want but other than Clay, Leslie has played a weak schedule. 

I feel that the DPOY will go to someone who’s team has been successful in the district and has played quality opponents. 

I am rooting for him and I hope he gets it but I’m not gonna sugar coat just because he plays for LC.

And if you think LC is not playing a weak schedule then you are out of your mind.

It was not that long ago that LC had teams like North Laurel and Whitley County on their schedule now those teams are replaced with Fairview and Floyd Central.
Williamsburg had been a top program in 1A since 2012 wining region and the district multiple times. So that's not a "weak team" that has beat middleboro this year. Lol Fairview yea i agree joke team. Floyd Central is a good team. Had Perry Central beat, they also have lost there games with less that a 5 point margin. I'm not being bias at all. I personally haven't seen any player in the district that is better than Hensley. If so please drop their names.
(10-01-2022, 12:04 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]Williamsburg had been a top program in 1A since 2012 wining region and the district multiple times. So that's not a "weak team" that has beat middleboro this year. Lol Fairview yea i agree joke team. Floyd Central is a good team. Had Perry Central beat, they also have lost there games with less that a 5 point margin. I'm not being bias at all. I personally haven't seen any player in the district that is better than Hensley. If so please drop their names.
LOL do not kid yourself. Floyd Central is not a good team. 

As far as Hensley, I do not think me and you are too far apart. I am rooting for him and every other kid from LC. And I do not think that there is a player that is head and shoulders above Hensley in the district.

But here is where you are failing to understand my point. In the DPOY decision making process, they will hold LC’s weak schedule against him. That is all I am saying. Would I like to see him do what he is doing against better competition…. absolutely! 

And as far as Williamsburg, they aren’t good this year. Yes, they are normally pretty solid. But here’s the thing….. we aren’t talking about others years for Williamsburg. We are discussing the 2022 season. Or at least I thought we were.

(10-01-2022, 12:04 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]Williamsburg had been a top program in 1A since 2012 wining region and the district multiple times. So that's not a "weak team" that has beat middleboro this year. Lol Fairview yea i agree joke team. Floyd Central is a good team. Had Perry Central beat, they also have lost there games with less that a 5 point margin. I'm not being bias at all. I personally haven't seen any player in the district that is better than Hensley. If so please drop their names.
Also, you are aware that the Floyd Central team that you are calling “good” has yet to win a game this year?

C’mon man….
They competed with Paintsville, Perry Central, Leslie, Pburg all losing the game by less than 10 points. A JOKE team would get 40 pieced by any of those.. Like Fairview.... come on man. Get your stats right. Unless all those teams are jokes to you.
(10-01-2022, 12:27 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]They competed with Paintsville, Perry Central, Leslie, Pburg all losing the game by less than 10 points. A JOKE team would get 40 pieced by any of those.. Like Fairview.... come on man. Get your stats right. Unless all those teams are jokes to you.
What stats? I didn’t list any….

Paintsville (2-4), Perry (5-1) , Leslie(3-3), Pburg (6-1 and got destroyed by Shelby Valley last night) are not jokes but non of those teams are world beaters ( or anywhere close to that). 

Since when does losing to decent teams make you good?  Big Grin Big Grin

(10-01-2022, 12:27 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]They competed with Paintsville, Perry Central, Leslie, Pburg all losing the game by less than 10 points. A JOKE team would get 40 pieced by any of those.. Like Fairview.... come on man. Get your stats right. Unless all those teams are jokes to you.
I don’t see any of those teams winning their district….
My statement is that Floyd isn't a Joke team like you are trying to compare them to Fairview and Morgan Co... lol

The only teams have a can would be Leslie. Paintsville no chance with Pikeville. Perry no chance Johnson Central, Pburg no chance with Valley. Looking at the Breathitt score from last night and middleboro not having their best player (QB) which is all they have period and still be that close will make things very very interesting. Leslie can very well handle both middleboro and Breathitt as no one in the district will have an answer for Hensley if Leslie continues to get him the ball. He's on a different level than anyone else. Simple as that.

Middleboro QB is the next best player in the district IMO right below Hensley.
(10-01-2022, 01:46 PM)4ever witness Wrote: [ -> ]My statement is that Floyd isn't a Joke team like you are trying to compare them to Fairview and Morgan Co... lol

The only teams have a can would be Leslie. Paintsville no chance with Pikeville. Perry no chance Johnson Central, Pburg no chance with Valley. Looking at the Breathitt score from last night and middleboro not having their best player (QB) which is all they have period and still be that close will make things very very interesting. Leslie can very well handle both middleboro and Breathitt as no one in the district will have an answer for Hensley if Leslie continues to get him the ball. He's on a different level  than anyone else. Simple as that.

Middleboro QB is the next best player in the district IMO right below Hensley.
I am not trying to say that Floyd Central is AS bad as Morgan or Fairview. However, they still aren’t a good team. Simple as that. No need to pound our chests after beating them. 

i certainly agree that LC has the best chance to win their district out of the teams we have mentioned And gosh I hope they do!

we may not agree on the strength of LC’s schedule and that’s okay. We’ll agree to disagree. But I think we can both agree on this—- GO Eagle!! 

And I’ll finish with this, I hope LC can get teams on the schedule in the coming years that properly prepare them for a run in the playoffs. We need to get Fairview off the schedule.
Yes i agree completely, will be a great next few weeks of high school football.
I'm excited to watch and hope every one every team have a safe and healthy playoffs! Good luck to all!
Looking at the stats from the 3 top qbs in district. None really stand out

Collette from Leslie
219 passing yards per game 13 td 5 int
29ypg rushing 3tds

Grigsby from Middlesboro
128ypg passing 10td 3int
87 yards per game rushing 7td
1 int. on defense

Bryant from Breathitt
209 passing yards game 9td 3 int
37 rushing yards per game 5 td.

These do not include Fridays games.
None are lighting up the stat sheet.

They all appear about even Grigsby appears to be best runner while Bryant and Collette have nearly identical stats.
I know as far as Breathitt goes Bryant wod not even be in the top 5 for team MVP in my opinion.